Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:28 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 433 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 29  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:45 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Igg wrote:
Trick wrote:
Josephine wrote:
It's not. Snogging is what you call it if you're a) posh, b) 11.

Or c) Scottish. And with Hogwarts being in Scotland and Rowling saying she's an honorary Scot I don't think it's surprising that people were snogging all over the place :D

Also as to why some were snogging while Harry and Ginny were kissing, snogging is a word more used when it's meaningless. If you pull a random then you snog them. If you are with your long term partner then you kiss them. A kiss implies lurve and all that jazz.

Yeah, I know, I was being facetious.

Oh, who would have guessed... :P

Petpet Central

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:49 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Igg wins the thread for using the word "facetious".

As for snogging, who knows? Maybe it's a witch/wizard thing. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:58 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

*bows*

Snogging is a slang (I guess) word for kissing (avec tongues) but she could have said 'getting off' 'kissing' 'sucvking face'...you know, be creative woman!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:14 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Trick wrote:
Josephine wrote:

Or c) Scottish. And with Hogwarts being in Scotland and Rowling saying she's an honorary Scot I don't think it's surprising that people were snogging all over the place

Snogging is no more used in Scotland than it is used in England or Wales, from what I've heard. I know it's certainly used at our (English) school an awful lot...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:17 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I think the best part of the book, for me, was the whole bit where Ron thinks Harry put the luck potion in his drink, and does brilliantly, and then discoveres Harry did no such thing, only pretended to. That was bloody brilliant (as Ron would say ^_^) in my mind..

I am, and forever will be, The Queer Alpaca
they/them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:39 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Fiddelysquat wrote:
And now, they've faced death together TWICE.

Well really, it's three times - in the CoS in CoS, department of mysteries in OotP, and then they were both fighting death eaters in the last book...

Unless you're not counting CoS because Ginny was unconscious during the fight :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:43 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Matt wrote:
Trick wrote:
Josephine wrote:

Or c) Scottish. And with Hogwarts being in Scotland and Rowling saying she's an honorary Scot I don't think it's surprising that people were snogging all over the place

Snogging is no more used in Scotland than it is used in England or Wales, from what I've heard. I know it's certainly used at our (English) school an awful lot...

It's used more in schools as "getting off with" has become more linked to having sex round these parts...not quite what Rowling would have meant methinks. I don't know how popular it is elsewhere just that it is here which seemed to clash with the opinion that only the posh 11 year olds used it :D

Petpet Central

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:45 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Trick wrote:
Matt wrote:
Trick wrote:
Josephine wrote:

It's used more in schools as "getting off with" has become more linked to having sex round these parts...not quite what Rowling would have meant methinks. I don't know how popular it is elsewhere just that it is here which seemed to clash with the opinion that only the posh 11 year olds used it :D

Well I've never heard the word 'snogging' spoken by an American before.. we just say kissing or hooking up :P. I knew was snogging meant though because I've hung around PPT long enough. I wonder if my friends will figure it out :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:36 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Wow. What a book.

I was sad when Dumbledore died. I had a huge feeling it would be him, but I thought he would die in a one-on-one speed of light super battle with Voldemort, not when he was half dead and pleading. I don't think I've ever been more moved over a characters death in any other book.

I can not wait to see Snape and Voldemort get torn to shreds by Harry. The whole final chapter I was just thinking of a series of deathscenes involving the deaths of Snape and Voldemort. If Snape is good, he better have some good explanation, but I honestly think he was evil. I'm really curious as to why Dumbledore trusted Snape so much. Harry said it was because Snape apologised about Harry's parents, but it didn't seem to be significant enough for Dumbledore to forgive Snape.

I can see now why J.K. Rowling said that CoS was a very important part of the series. With the first appearance of the Horcrux and all those references to Voldemort and Tom Riddle.

I can't wait till the next book comes out and I seriously think it is going to be nothing like the others. Judging from what Harry said at the end, Hogwarts seems to be out of the equation. I'd like to see Harry get really powerful, but not let it get to his head. I'm also hoping for major cameos with all the characters, teachers, memebers of the Order, even ministry people joining Harry in a fight against Death Eaters and Voldemort.

I hope the next book is 2 years away, but I assume it's going to be a large book so it'll probably be somewhere closer to 3-4 years. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:43 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Show of hands: WHO THOUGHT KIDDIE VOLDEMORT WAS CREEPY ENOUGH TO BE ON PAR WITH SAMARA FROM "THE RING"?

My God, he was a right little weirdo. If I were Dumbledore, I'd have gone all Soup Nazi on him: "No Hogwarts for you!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:58 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Fiddelysquat wrote:
Show of hands: WHO THOUGHT KIDDIE VOLDEMORT WAS CREEPY ENOUGH TO BE ON PAR WITH SAMARA FROM "THE RING"?

My God, he was a right little weirdo. If I were Dumbledore, I'd have gone all Soup Nazi on him: "No Hogwarts for you!"

*Raises hands* Hide me~!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:21 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Quote:
I hope the next book is 2 years away, but I assume it's going to be a large book so it'll probably be somewhere closer to 3-4 years.

Rowling said 2 years, according to Mugglenet.com

Faith is often the boast of the man who is too lazy to investigate. ~ F.M. Knowles

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:06 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Fiddelysquat wrote:

*grins* *raises hand* I still can't watch that movie without shuddering..... and I thought I was the only one who thought that :-P

I am, and forever will be, The Queer Alpaca
they/them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:24 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I hope they get that weird little boy from The Ring to play kiddie Voldemort in the 6th movie. *shiver*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:48 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Yeah, everyone would be like, "Oh no, its Ring boy! This MUST be scarY!!! AHHHHH!!!!!"

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 433 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 29  Next