Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:39 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Eragon?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:17 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Wonderful book. one of the most beautiful books I've ever read. it's sorta a mix of lord of the rings and harry potter. two thumbs up!

anyone else read it?

signature by WIS! :]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:19 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

It's exceptionally wonderful. I want the sequel(s). :)

No, really. I would go as far as to say that that is the longest, yet non-lagging book that I've read recently. It's incredibly good.

Will you stop with the honour stuff?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:31 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

the amazing thing is is the fact thta the author was 15 (?) when he wrote it. He's brilliant. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:39 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Wasn't that the one that Anne Mcaffrey was going to press charges on because of plaguery(sp?), but never did?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:40 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

um...I don't think so...o_O

but I could be wrong. It a good book otherwise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:22 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: In my room listening to Hardcore Metal Christian music.
:P I picked it up at my school library because I wanted a long book to read. XD My classes are *exceptionally* boring. :P It's a great book though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:05 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

No... it was another one she was gonna sue.

Eragon was pretty cool. But, man, the stealing was obvious. When JK steals it's really hard to spot- but... that was Star Wars meets LOTR. Just once I'd like to see something where the nephew gets killed and the uncle goes out for revenge.

(I have no beef with nieces- or sister-daughters if you prefer- avenging uncles. Begone Foul Dwimmerlaiks all around!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:07 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I have yet to read this. My sister (of nine years of age) has been talking nonstop about it, so I'm considering it. What is it about?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:35 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

^ here's a small summary:

A boy finds a small blue stone. At first, he thinks he'll buy some meat with it, but then it turns out to be a dragon egg. then some evil creatures under the rule of the evil king kill his uncle, looking for the egg. Eargon (the main chartacter) goes to get revnege and meets some friends on the way...

taadaa! :hug:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:03 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Sounds like an awesome book. Have any of you ever read the Silver Crown? It sounds similar, and I think most of you would enjoy it. I loved it to death.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:11 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Location: Drooling over Severus Snape in delicious IMAX size.
I enjoyed the book, although it wasn't the best book I've ever read.

To be honest, I could tell it was written by a fifteen year old, but written well. I have nothing against him... in fact, I quite admire him. :)

Set by _jaye_!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:39 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

It was enjoyable, and I want to see what happens next. It was very active, but I agree with Eo. LotR meets Star Wars. Also, some parts were overly descriptive, and just made it all...I dunno, overly descriptive :P

Overall a worthwhile read, though^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:31 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: In my room listening to Hardcore Metal Christian music.
XD I just realized something. That person who wrote it was my grandma's neighbor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:33 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Chii wrote:
^ here's a small summary:

A boy finds a small blue stone. At first, he thinks he'll buy some meat with it, but then it turns out to be a dragon egg. then some evil creatures under the rule of the evil king kill his uncle, looking for the egg. Eargon (the main chartacter) goes to get revnege and meets some friends on the way...

taadaa! :hug:

In a far away land, whose peace has been preserved by the long-gone Dragon Riders, a new adventure starts, as one of the dragon eggs hatches as the Dragon in it meets her Rider.
Eragon, a farm-boy from somewhere on the outskirts of the Great Empire, finds a dragon egg in the nearby mountains, and the egg hatches. Eragon manages to raise the ever-increasing in size dragon on his farm in secret for a while, but eventually, when he returns to the farm, he finds it destroyed by the Emperor’s forces. Vowing to get his revenge, Eragon leaves his village with Brom (the storyteller who seems to know a lot about Riders).
Through many small adventures and conversations the decay of the Empire under the unfair rule of the Emperor becomes apparent to Eragon... (you don't want to know any more, you want to read the book)

:) I wrote a full-page review of it last year.

Quote:
Eragon was pretty cool. But, man, the stealing was obvious. When JK steals it's really hard to spot- but... that was Star Wars meets LOTR. Just once I'd like to see something where the nephew gets killed and the uncle goes out for revenge.

That's another section of the library -- right over there, "Adult Crime Fiction". Pick a protagonist of an older age, and read as his nephew/daughter/son/wife was killed. Children books have young heroes, which are very immune to most kinds of bodily harm (but there is supposed to be a path to darkness somewhere, so uncles are just the most likely victims).

Will you stop with the honour stuff?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:26 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
I found Eragon to be a very Generic book as previous mentioned nicking ideas and plotlines left, right, and center. Despite this it was a ripping good yarn and I'm waiting for the sequal.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next