Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Jun 22, 2024 11:01 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: can you reccomend a book for my flight?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:04 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

i'm ordering some stuff from amazon tomorrow, and i need a couple more quid for the delivery to be free, and since i need to buy some books for my flight, i thought i'd buy one off amazon and the rest in a charity shop like i'd planned. can anyone suggest a book for me?

Please bear in mind i need to take it on a plane, so paperback would be better. i'm 20 years old, and a student (so i dont wanna spend too much!)

Thanks in advance!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:05 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I'd probably recommend "Twisted" by Jeffery Deaver. I only paid about 13$AU for it when I purachsed it and according to the back of the book its 10.99 pounds. I think it'd be quite a good book for a plane flight because its a series of short stories, you can read one, eat, read one, sleep, read one... etc. In addition to that most of the stories have some interesting twists in them and all of them are quite well done. Its not the best book I've ever read but it was a good read nonetheless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:09 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: the petpet puddle, searching for pet matches. my gorgeous set is by _jaye_.
tom robbins is very engrossing. i suggest jitterbug perfume or skinny legs and all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:15 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

If you want a comedy book, try the Georgia Nicholson series by Louise Rennison. They're absolutely hilarious and kept me laughing for hours on end. They do seem a tad childish but my auntie has read them and was in tears she was laughing that hard.

It's coming...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:02 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

thanks for the suggestions, but i've decided just to buy some cheap ones from a charity shop, then i dont need to worry if they arent so good as i havent spent much money on them :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:40 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: Set by DM was on Fire! 2nd place in my set contest.:)
r4che1 wrote:
thanks for the suggestions, but i've decided just to buy some cheap ones from a charity shop, then i dont need to worry if they arent so good as i havent spent much money on them :)

I do that!! The amount of authors I have discovered from buying from charity shops for 20p.... I first discovered Patricia Cornwell and my first John Grisham books were from Oxfam!!:P

ImageImage

TGSET: http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13685

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:34 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: New Jersey. The state we love to hate and hate to love.
Twinkle wrote:
If you want a comedy book, try the Georgia Nicholson series by Louise Rennison. They're absolutely hilarious and kept me laughing for hours on end. They do seem a tad childish but my auntie has read them and was in tears she was laughing that hard.

I completely agree. One of the best books you'll ever read. She seeps into your system, and soon you'll start saying English phrases...even if you are not from England.
I also reconment Francine Pascal's series "Fearless." There's over 30 of them, and can get VERY addicting and emotional. Basically it's about a girl with no fear who lives in NYC with her foster parents. She befriends a guy in a wheelchair, makes enimies with the school's most popular girl...and well, can't tell you the rest. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:37 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella is a good book for a flight. It's about this woman who sits on the plane next to a guy and starts spilling her secrets to him... but then she meets him at her office and the story unfolds from there. It's pretty funny. I enjoyed it a lot. It's a light book that's entertaining, not so much for deep reflection.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:35 pm 

Tithe by Holly Black is a really awsome book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:33 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Uncle John's Bathroom Reader. Sound silly? I like them for travel because there are articles of differing length to help keep your interest. You can flip around froma rticle to article. That, and everywhere I go people say "Have you read the one in there about...*fill in the blank*."

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:34 am 
PPT God
PPT God

stampsyne wrote:
Uncle John's Bathroom Reader. Sound silly? I like them for travel because there are articles of differing length to help keep your interest. You can flip around froma rticle to article. That, and everywhere I go people say "Have you read the one in there about...*fill in the blank*."

Oh that book is great! I have the 4-ply edition from Barnes and Noble in the bathroom in my room! Haha, it's great. I love the letter that someone sent to them that was like, 'Can I get a copy of pages 44 and 45? I was out of toilet paper, and . . ."

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]