Got a little techonology problem that you need fixed pronto? Post it here and we'll see what we can do.
Topic locked

PowerPoint Help

Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:56 pm

In order to graduate high school, I have to finish a power point presentation which I'm having a little trouble with. The presentation, itself, has been completed but the problem I'm having is transferring it to my teacher's computer.

In the presentation itself, I used a song by Kelly Clarkson entitled "Breakaway". However, when she received the presentation through e-mail, the song didn't play and I was wondering, is there a way I could make sure the song plays on both of our computers? I have the Kelly Clarkson CD with the song "Breakaway" on it so is there a way I could make sure the song can play on her computer when I transfer it through e-mail?

Also, another problem I'm having is that the power point presentation doesn't work automatically. I have to continue clicking the mouse to get the slides, words and images to appear. Can anyone tell me how to get it to function automatically without anyone clicking the mouse to make it function?

Thanks if anyone can help!

Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:38 am

In the presentation itself, I used a song by Kelly Clarkson entitled "Breakaway". However, when she received the presentation through e-mail, the song didn't play and I was wondering, is there a way I could make sure the song plays on both of our computers? I have the Kelly Clarkson CD with the song "Breakaway" on it so is there a way I could make sure the song can play on her computer when I transfer it through e-mail?

I think that when you insert a movie/music file/etc., it takes note of where the file is and runs it from that location. For example, if the song you wanted to insert was saved under the location "C:\Songs" on your computer, it's going to look at that location when you run your presentation on your teacher's computer. If there isn't a folder/location with that name, nothing will play.

Also, another problem I'm having is that the power point presentation doesn't work automatically. I have to continue clicking the mouse to get the slides, words and images to appear. Can anyone tell me how to get it to function automatically without anyone clicking the mouse to make it function?

The only way I can think of doing this is right clicking on any image/movie file/music file -> Custom Animation -> Timing -> Animate -> Automatically __ seconds after previous event. The one problem I had with this was that if you're trying to present something like an informative presentation, getting off track (like spending too much time on one section) can really mess up your presentation because you'll be playing catch up.

Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:54 am

All righty, try this:

1. Rip the song to your computer.
2. Put both the powerpoint and the song in a folder together.
3. When you insert the music file, JUST put songname.mp3 (or whatever it is). Don't put any folder information in and Powerpoint should assume that the song is in the same folder it is.
4. Zip the folder and send it!

If that doesn't work, don't sue me. Please.

Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:21 am

I know this is late, but cat, it worked. Thank you so much!!

Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:52 pm

I had the same problem when trying to show a movie in a PPS. Yet, I got it to work by burning them both on the same CD ^_^

Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:53 am

I have a better idea. Try not listening to Kelly Clarkson period. :)
Topic locked