Got a little techonology problem that you need fixed pronto? Post it here and we'll see what we can do.
Topic locked

Firefox Tabs Help

Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:11 pm

Okay, this is weird. I went on Firefox this morning and I can't open any windows in new tabs by middle-clicking. I know that's the default shortcut for opening it up, and I don't think you can change it, but I'm not sure how it was disabled. Yesterday I was on Firefox and I could middle-click just fine.

Can anyone help?

(Oh, I'm using version 2.0.0.1 by the way)

Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:48 pm

Have you gone onto "Mouse" under Control Panel and checked that under the Buttons Tab, that the middle button is assigned to "Middle Button"?

I had the same problem once and I think this is how I resolved it.

Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:42 pm

Well, the problem is I'm using a laptop, so the mouse options are for the trackpad (I use a USB mouse most of the time). The middle-click works on the trackpad, but for the USB mouse it doesn't work.

Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:44 pm

Hmm I'm almost certain it's a problem with your mouse settings, so you think there's a way of changing that? Maybe try disabling the other mouse temporarily through device manager?

Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:20 pm

Well, I have the option set where if I plug a regular mouse into USB, the trackpad is disabled. I know the button isn't broken because I hear the click.

Oh, and not only is it not letting me open tabs and whatnot, it won't let me use the fast scroll down.
Topic locked