Got a little techonology problem that you need fixed pronto? Post it here and we'll see what we can do.
Topic locked

Opera

Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:44 am

I give up.

That browser is going to kill my cross-browser coding attempt. Take a look: http://www.digifort.com/idnq/?page=nq2rewards and http://www.digifort.com/idnq/?page=viewguide&id=47

Now like any semi-behaved browsers, IE and Firefox recognize the print stylesheet, and allow the pages to look like they should. In particular, the copyright footer appears at the end of the document, as it's supposed to. In comes Opera -- reads the stylesheet, and only attaches the copyright footer on prints that are over one page long (there's no copyright on the first page, but there is on the second).

Any ideas on how to fix this (and that don't involve changing the way things look)?
Last edited by Hunter Lupe on Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:22 pm

i figure why code for .7% of the browsing community. is it really neccisary to have it work perfectly in Opera? How many people who visit this site really use Operal?

Anyway, are you using absolute positioning or what for the footer? (Im to lazy to look)....

the only thing opera was good for was posting on the secret boards of neopets and getting secret avatars when you never found them (the latter has been disabled)...

Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:09 pm

hmm hunter could you post your html and css here ill see whati can do

Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:35 pm

unclekyky wrote:i figure why code for .7% of the browsing community. is it really neccisary to have it work perfectly in Opera? How many people who visit this site really use Operal?

Anyway, are you using absolute positioning or what for the footer? (Im to lazy to look)....

the only thing opera was good for was posting on the secret boards of neopets and getting secret avatars when you never found them (the latter has been disabled)...

It is nescersary to support Opera -- it's a principle. 27000 pageviews are Opera-based. I'm fond of making things work for everyone, rather than "Go download this 10MB+ browser, install it, and come back to view my site properly"
I use a table cell with valign="bottom" to position the footer at the bottom of the page.

I would suggest you view source of the two pages I linked -- they contain the code in question (it's a bit too big to post here, and there's hardly any point in snipping things).
Topic locked