Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 2:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Buying a nano?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:33 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Hi guys I'm looking to buy a 2 gig ipod nano. Is it worth it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:20 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

No, you'll get more for the same amount of money if you go on Ebay/Amazon and find a mini. Apple doesn't make them anymore, but come on- four gigabytes of space with the mini, and two gigabytes of space with the nano. Same price. The nanos and minis have absolutely no differences except the nano has color and is smaller. If you're more for visuals (which would be odd, considering this is for listening) then the nano would be good for you, but if you're more into being able to hold more music and get a better deal, get a mini. And even if you are for visuals, the iPod nano comes in two colors- black and white. Whereas the mini comes in blue, green, pink, and silver.

And for the love of God, do not resort to a shuffle! Those are the worst deals ever, and it doesn't matter if they're cheaper than the others. Around half a gigabyte of space on an iPod shuffle costs $100. Whereas you can get eight times that just double the price with a mini, and four times that just double the price with a nano.

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:06 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

No. Just buy an ordinary mp3 player that holds like 40-50 songs and costs $40ish.

Like so. (Aprox. 60 songs)

kudos sasha+gregory // PPT's Unofficial President

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:33 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

i think that if you don't need a lot of room, there are better deals and players out there. if however, you are like me, and need a ton of space, then i suggest getting one of the ipods.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:12 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

For an extra $50, you can get the iPod 30 GB video. That's what I have.

An iPod nano doesn't hold that many songs at all. If you're like me and a music junkie, you'll want the larger iPod... a 30 GB or 60 GB. I've already used 15 GB on my 30 GB iPod.

Besides, it's just $50 extra. That's the kicker. Do you want an iPod Nano with 2 GB for $250, or a 30 GB iPod Video for $300?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:54 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I got the nano (4G) for my birthday. However I am going to buy the 30 gig soonish...Apple are having their 30th anniversery in April so I am going to wait until then

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:31 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: In my room listening to Hardcore Metal Christian music.
Rather, you can order online and get the student discount on the iPod. Go to Education and select your school. You get about $50 off. I'd get the iPod Video 30GB. It's a lot better than the Nano, in my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:18 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Yes. Depends on what you want, that is.

Nanos are tiny, and 2GB of music is far more than its battery can play in one go. If you're looking for a small MP3 player with a cool design that can hold roughly a day worth of music, a 2GB nano doesn't seem so bad.
Keep in mind that although the 30GB ipods are bigger and better (traditional thinking says they are, at least), they're also physically bigger, meaning more bulky and heavier. Another thing... where are you going to find 30GB worth of stuff you want to listen to/watch? Video-wise, a PSP has a way better screen.

I find the minis to be a bit of a design disaster. Come on, the stuff doesn't even look like an ipod. It's pink (or other non-white colors). PINK!

40$ mp3 players tend to (a) be low-quality, with junky software and virtually no playlist arrangements (b) break every 3 months.

(Paul: your link is dead.)

Will you stop with the honour stuff?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:40 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

nano's are defiantely worth it for one reason - flash memory. I have seen way way to many hard drive based ones die because the hard drives go. Not an issue for the nano. I currently own a 4GB nano, and wouldnt trade it for any of the other mp3 players out there

Check out my Gallery
Neo User

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:17 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: In my room listening to Hardcore Metal Christian music.
I have two thirty-gig iPods. One has all the Lost episodes so far on it (and it has a nifty 4-8-15-16-23-32 engraving on the back). I only use it to watch Lost.

My "real" iPod has about 15 GB filled, and I get a lot of videos/music on it each month. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:29 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I will wait but its looking like ill buy the 30 gig once I sell my 4g 20gig

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:49 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

vtothec wrote:

You're going to sell a present? oO

kudos sasha+gregory // PPT's Unofficial President

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:35 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I got a Nano, and I love it. I don't have a lot of songs, so 4GB is enough for me. I was thinking about buying a bigger iPod, but I decided against it. IMO, I think that the video iPod isn't worth buying until it has other features, like a digital camera. Plus, the regular iPod has a greater chance of becoming obsolete when a new version comes out.

Speculation Central - Thinking about the future... Today!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:10 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

My dad randomly gave me a 2gb nano, i think its excellent. I don't have tonnes of songs so its perfect. It means I don't need to load my phone up with songs etc, so its battery now lasts longer!

I've also put 3100 photos onto the nano which means that if I bother to organise them I can look at every cameraphone photo I've ever taken - sexy.

I would vote yes, if you can afford it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:41 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Paul wrote:
vtothec wrote:

You're going to sell a present? oO

I got the nano as a present. Not my 20 gig 4g :) Not selling the nano thats for sure!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next