Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 1:31 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hewlitt Packard f1703 monitor "recall"
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:05 am 

Location: The west side of the 757 (It's a Virginia thing. You wouldn't understand)
The other day, after returning home from a roadtrip, I wwent to gget on my computer to finish some work. I turned the computer on, and about 30 seconds after my desktop appeared, the screen went black. The llight on the monitor was still on, signalling that the monitor itself was still on. I turned it off a moment, the turned it back on. 10 seconds later, the screen went blank.

I booted up my laptop and went to the HP website to do some troubleshooting. Here's what I found:

Quote:
Some of these monitors (f1703 LCD flat panel)have been identified as having a hardware issue that can cause intermittent video, no video, or no backlight.

Well, it also goes on to say that, as long as your monitor has certain criteria (i.e. a serial number beginning with CNC423 or CNC424 and was manufactured b/w oct 2003- june 2004) that HP would replace it for free. Well, my monitor met all of the criteria, except my serial number began CNC412. After wearing HP down, they decided to replace my $320ish monitor.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had these problems, or experienced any problems with HP products, because I do on a regular basis.

Dude, I'm getting a Dell next time....
(sorry, I couldn't resist)

Belle

Mellie-chan made this banner for me and my sister Kat. <3 thanks bf.

My test taking strategy: When in doubt, put letter C as your answer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:26 am 
PPT God
PPT God

My Hard drive went into failure about a few months after I got it, thankfully it was still under warrenty.

and my computer needs to be reformatted probably more often then normal. Been like that with all 3 HP's I've owned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:36 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Okay good, this doesn't affect me. When I saw 'f1703' in the title, I was wondering if it also affected f1503 (which is what I have) and luckily it doesn't.

HP computers seem to have gone downhill in the past few years. Plus, my mom's HP laptop has had some problems (like the HDD crashing; we had to replace it), and after a few hours the bottom gets so hot you can't use it on your lap (or even a blanket).

Good thing I'm getting a Dell for my laptop, because my dad's Dell has had very few problems since he got it about 7 years ago.

Speculation Central - Thinking about the future... Today!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:11 am 

Location: The west side of the 757 (It's a Virginia thing. You wouldn't understand)
Yeah, my father uses a Dell, too, and it runs great. We have two HP desktops at my family home, one downstairs and one in my old room.

I'm at college now, but I only live about 20 miles from home, so I like to go there on the weekends. I usualy use my downstairs HP for photo and image editing, etc, since it's one of those media centers and has alot of memory and stuff.

I'm just tired of trying to get something done, only to have my computer mess up. I got the desktop for Christmas in 2004, so it's about 1 and a half years old, and by the time my warrenty expired I had called HP for support for at least 10 different problems. Then I'd end up getting a "tech" who had no clue what the heck I was trying to tell them.
(I hate outsourcing)

Mellie-chan made this banner for me and my sister Kat. <3 thanks bf.

My test taking strategy: When in doubt, put letter C as your answer.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]