Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 2:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Domain Registration/Redirection services?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:15 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Please delete topic if content is unsuitable for PPT.

After debating the idea for quite some time I've finally decided my summer hobby, whether temporary for the season or permanent. With this I've decided I'm in need of a good host to provide a few services for me, particularly within my limited budget. The following is what I'm looking for. Bold is absolutely necessary.

Domain Redirection Service (Aka; yourname.com redirects to whatever site I assign it under)
Affordable (Yearly/Annual fee only, please)
Domain Email Redirection Service (Aka; mailto:you@yourname.com redirects to whatever email I assign it under)
.Com or .Net extention only
No ads

Although gaining a host that would provide webspace as well as the domain would be excellent, I don't think I could afford it at this time-- the ability to add a service if I needed to at a later time would be great though.

Website would contain selling of non-copyrighted products and items in order to donate certain percentage of proceeds to non-profit organizations such as local humane societies and animal shelters.

Quote:
Image How come in the TCG: Darkest Faerie edition there's a Yellow Gallion, but no such option to paint your Gallion this colour exists?.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:28 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm not too savvy with the website stuff, but I use meccahosting.com, if you'd like to check it out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:40 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Some parts I have no clue what's it all about but if you need some last resort or something, maybe brinkster.com I don't know how well it is but I get emails from them all the time about dropping prices and well.. I don't know how it is when you pay.. I do know that there is that redirect email thing.. And no ads when you pay. Check the website on their plans and payment information.

Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:28 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

There are a few hosts you would never want to use, and brinkster is one of them. I have had nothing but bad experiences with them. If you want a cheap, affordable host I would recommend http://www.eastsolid.com.

Since these are no longer temporary forums, I will update my signature.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:34 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Ah, thanks!. I'll look into it. I did some self research and found the following.. Does anyone have anything to say about them?. Anything you've heard or experienced?.

GoDaddy
NameSecure
MyDomain

I believe those are the company names.

Quote:
Image How come in the TCG: Darkest Faerie edition there's a Yellow Gallion, but no such option to paint your Gallion this colour exists?.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:21 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

GoDaddy I've heard alot of people talk about/use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:10 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I've heard a lot of people use GoDaddy.

I use http://www.influxhost.net - possibly not the cheapest for domain, but their hosting is very cheap for what they offer, and their service is excellent.

Gone, forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:27 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Yep, I use GoDaddy. I don't know whether they're the cheapest, but the hosting and domain names are reasonably priced... and they're also been around for quite a while, so they seem pretty reliable.

I'm on the cheapest plan ($3/month) and got a domain name for an extra $2 (a year). That wasn't too bad, considering the plan includes email addys, PHP, MySQL and there's no ads.

The only negative I've noticed is that their website is really cluttered, which is annoying when you're navigating around and trying to change your hosting setttings. If you're only wanting a domain name, though, it probably wouldn't be as much of an issue for you :)

Edit: I just remembered another positive feature. GoDaddy is teamed up with a company called Domains By Proxy, which means you can register a domain name under their name and address instead of your own (for an extra yearly fee). This was good for me, because my parents really wouldn't like the idea of their postal address being on the internet!

Nyum nyum nyum...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]