Whether it be a puzzle or a war, this is the place to be for all your plot related needs.
Topic locked

Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:35 am

He had 350149 when I last fought him not long ago. I've only attacked this form 39 times so far...I try to wait for the Healing Springs to heal all of my pets a little.

Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:53 am

Let's say that I have a pet that can withstand 1 attack from the mayor, will my pet be able to reduce the mayor's hp by 1 during the turn he doesn't die?

Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:16 am

samniann wrote:Let's say that I have a pet that can withstand 1 attack from the mayor, will my pet be able to reduce the mayor's hp by 1 during the turn he doesn't die?

Most pets will go down in 1 hit (all but the very elite)- as long as you do some damage to the Mayor, you are hurting him.

The fight is designed for your pet to be defeated in 1 hit, so best thing to do is make sure you hit the Mayor as hard as possible.

Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:54 am

woo! i managed to snipe a few bottled dark faeries to add to the 4 in my SDB, and now I can use drain life on him! on the downside, I noticed that what used to be the useless, super cheap healing potions have gone up in price slightly.

Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:55 am

tippey wrote:At this rate he's loosing about 22000 points per hour, only 17 more hours to go

It's going faster now. While I fought 3 times, his hp.s went down by over a thousand; pretty amazing, really.

Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:30 am

All the best for defeating him, as I'm not going to join this particular battle.
This team is better than the solitary mayor. If the mayor wants to defeat this team, he'll need a gang of mutant mayors, I guess. :P

Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:13 am

What number is he down to?

Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:16 am

pinkflamingonewsgirl wrote:What number is he down to?

266648 when I fought him, about 1 minute ago.

Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:22 am

I've lost against the mayor a few times now, but by his difficulty it still says -1. Is this normal? For some reason I was under the impression it would go down one every time I lost.

Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:26 am

Meer wrote:I've lost against the mayor a few times now, but by his difficulty it still says -1. Is this normal? For some reason I was under the impression it would go down one every time I lost.

I've lost to him 94 times and mine still says -1, so I guess it stays that way :P

Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:27 am

Daze wrote:
samniann wrote:Let's say that I have a pet that can withstand 1 attack from the mayor, will my pet be able to reduce the mayor's hp by 1 during the turn he doesn't die?

Most pets will go down in 1 hit (all but the very elite)- as long as you do some damage to the Mayor, you are hurting him.

The fight is designed for your pet to be defeated in 1 hit, so best thing to do is make sure you hit the Mayor as hard as possible.

My pet has 1225hp. If i burrow, downsize! and rotl in turn 1, I don't die 2 out of 3 times. does that mean i can potentially win against the mayor if i'm the 100,000th challenger?

Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:52 am

It's just the way the bd works for all one-player opponents. Their difficulty will go down by one if you lose, but no more so people can't continually lose and beat them at a deflated level of difficulty.

Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:48 am

samniann wrote:
Daze wrote:

My pet has 1225hp. If i burrow, downsize! and rotl in turn 1, I don't die 2 out of 3 times. does that mean i can potentially win against the mayor if i'm the 100,000th challenger?

Anyone has that potential - it is just a matter of luck if you are the last person to battle him.

Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:51 am

Daze wrote:
samniann wrote:
Daze wrote:

Anyone has that potential - it is just a matter of luck if you are the last person to battle him.

Wow...that'd be REAL luck. I think if you're the last person to fight him, and really won, you'll get ALOT of plot points.

Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:14 am

I doubt they will give bonus points for whoever beats him. In previous wars, they have given extra prizes/points to whoever finishes the boss, but that required a strong pet and skill, rather than dumb luck. In most previous wars, you could actually damage the war boss, so people with strong pets could start trying to beat it when it had 50,000 HP left etc. This war, you can't damage the boss, so we just have to whittle him down to nothing.

I think, at the most, they will just say "Blah blah delivered the finishing blow"
Topic locked