Whether it be a puzzle or a war, this is the place to be for all your plot related needs.
Topic locked

Re: Altador Cup III (2008) - Split 2

Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:10 pm

Kenjiro wrote:
veritablegoddess wrote:
Pickles wrote:Definitely SS is now 1 point for every 2 games.

So how does that work out with the tournament points? Does that stay the same (I think someone stated that the equation was YYB:1, SS:0.25 and MSN:0.15 and a draw being half of a win), or will this also be affected?

Although I guess there's no real way of checking.. just curious :)

I'm fairly certain that the tournament points have changed, too, but I'm not sure if there's any 100% way to confirm. But I do know that at least for your shield points (based on tests), for one of each game, it's:
YYB:1 pt
YYB draw: 1/2 pt
SS: 1/2 pt
MSN: 1/12 pt

Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:30 pm

yeah, the points have definitely changed. The rank calculators I've seen in a couple of sites are 4-5 youyuball games behind. And I'm sure they were based on last year's calculations for points.

Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:19 pm

I think this was said last thread, but having experienced it myself....Firefox 3 = BAD for flash games, including Yooyuball.
I definitely had to rebuild my computer today (yeah, it's been a bad week) and got stuck with Firefox 3.0. The game moves MUCH faster in 3.0 and is thus MUCH harder to play. I've been averaging 10-0 games, and my first one in 3.0 I got a 6-1. Having played both ways, if you're willing to downgrade back to 2.0, I think you'll find it's much easier. I've already done so, and so did my husband (who has been playing the entire cup so far in 3.0) and he's amazed at how much easier it is. He may now beat me to scoring a 15-0. :P

P.S. The speed up happens in other flash games, too. I could barely score over 800 in Snowball fight (normally can score easily in the 900s), because I literally couldn't click in time to hit anything.

Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:23 pm

I actually enjoy playing the game in the opera browser, as you can play the flash game as an internet tab.

Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:23 am

eilu wrote:Finally got the avvie. That's it for me for now. Playing against HW is extremely frustrating!

Haunted woods is driving me nuts too. They're much more aggressive about stealing the ball from you and that is very much throwing me off.

edit:
okay after i said that i got an 8-0 match so clearly complaining is the way to win more games :)

Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:55 am

Just got the avatar!!!!!!

Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:45 am

B55B55 wrote:
eilu wrote:Finally got the avvie. That's it for me for now. Playing against HW is extremely frustrating!

Haunted woods is driving me nuts too. They're much more aggressive about stealing the ball from you and that is very much throwing me off.

edit:
okay after i said that i got an 8-0 match so clearly complaining is the way to win more games :)

I switched to 3+1 to compensate for Zo's play style (he grabs the ball and passes to his flanks) and HW is much less annoying now- though for the bulk of the games Foltaggio is my scorer rather than Grenlik. Just managed my first 10-0, but yeah, complaining is also good :lol:

edit: hating the burger king ad; they've incorporated it to the AC toolbar so it can't be blocked (wothout also losing the toolbar). Boo!

Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:09 am

eilu wrote:I switched to 3+1 to compensate for Zo's play style (he grabs the ball and passes to his flanks) and HW is much less annoying now- though for the bulk of the games Foltaggio is my scorer rather than Grenlik. Just managed my first 10-0, but yeah, complaining is also good :lol:

I also switched to 3+1 earlier today. It works much better, HW is still annoying though, I agree with you guys. Hopefully Shenkuu will fair well in this round. :)

Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:18 am

Since the cup began, I have attained: 201 wins of Yooyuball, 3 draws, 8 games of Slushie Slinger, and 27 games of Make Some Noise.

I have no life.

Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:30 am

>edit: hating the burger king ad; they've incorporated it to the AC toolbar so it can't be blocked (wothout also losing the toolbar). Boo!

I've blocked it with no problems. What are you trying?

First 10-0 victory, woo!

Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:06 am

yes gust got my rank 4, want to hit 300 Yooyuball wins for tonight.

Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:20 am

I don't know if this has been noticed and mentioned before, but there are not too many left-handed/pawed/finned players. Best I can tell, the list is:
Vonde Cayle (LD)
Keetra Deile (VP)
Sela Pretore (VP)
Dorina Hals (Mera)
Lyvon Cibaire (Alta)
Delma Harrence (Faerie)

I determined this by what arm the scoop/arm guard is on and from the poses done by my team. If this list can be expanded, it would be greatly appreciated as an interesting statistical study.

Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:11 am

Wow aren't RI a tiny team - the goalie is 1/2 the size of DC's.

FL was massive team, RI look like children compared to the goliath goalkeeper in FL.

Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:20 am

Chivewarrior wrote:Since the cup began, I have attained: 201 wins of Yooyuball, 3 draws, 8 games of Slushie Slinger, and 27 games of Make Some Noise.

I have no life.

I don't think I like what that implies about me...312 YYB wins, 10 SS, and 30 MSN. ;)

Oh, and I played some City of Heroes tonight, too. I needed a break.

Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:43 am

LD's suffering from really bad character sprite draws- the draik in particular looks like he's going to tip over because of his outsize snout, and the kau is too skinny (compared to the character art, where he's a huge minotaur). That being said, it is fun to watch the kiko defender go bouncing around :lol:

C'mon Shenkuu, losses and draws? You can do better!!!
Topic locked