Whether it be a puzzle or a war, this is the place to be for all your plot related needs.
Topic locked

Re: The Return of Dr Sloth (split 4)

Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:07 pm

Great... now to see if they start to ban users.

Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:14 pm

Tbh, if I were to get frozen for simply using an calculator for an extremely complicated puzzle in a plot, that would be it for me n Neo. As people have said before, it shows double standards, and a lack of foresight - was it not obvious that a (presumably) mathematical problem of this complexity would result in computational methods coming about when they designed it?

Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:15 pm

I've decoded all the messages...now how do I get the things at the top to change? Like with Cylara and Gorix speaking.

Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:15 pm

Teelie wrote:Great... now to see if they start to ban users.

Well, now that they've let it be known that they are gonna freeze, then I guess no one can use ignorance as an excuse. I still say this is just like the Star Mappers and the rest, but TNT makes the rules, so I guess there is no point in testing them. I still think anyone who used the generator/calculator before they got word out should be immune from sanctions. And given that the page supposedly had in excess of 12,000 (I think the highest count I heard was 42,000) hits, I can't see TNT freezing all of those people.

Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:16 pm

MysteryGirl05 wrote:I've decoded all the messages...now how do I get the things at the top to change? Like with Cylara and Gorix speaking.

Just refresh the page

Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:18 pm

cybertrini wrote:
MysteryGirl05 wrote:I've decoded all the messages...now how do I get the things at the top to change? Like with Cylara and Gorix speaking.

Just refresh the page

Thankies! Lol complex puzzles have my brain all screwed up.

Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:24 pm

Has TNT posted this on the page with the puzzle, or only on the boards?

They SHOULD post it on the actual page, not just on a Neoboard which many users don't read (and many people with an under-13 account CAN'T read).

Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:25 pm

Phlameseeker wrote:Tbh, if I were to get frozen for simply using an calculator for an extremely complicated puzzle in a plot, that would be it for me on Neo.

I think I would quit too. I'd still podcast, but I just don't think I'd be a serious.

We will have to see if they freeze or warn.

Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:27 pm

gahhh, brain .... melted, but ..... puzzle .... done.

Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:28 pm

MysteryGirl05 wrote:
cybertrini wrote:

Just refresh the page

Thankies! Lol complex puzzles have my brain all screwed up.

lol, not a problem. I was just glad I could help one person in this step, because I was no help for any other part of this crazy decoder puzzle.

bgryph wrote:Has TNT posted this on the page with the puzzle, or only on the boards?

They SHOULD post it on the actual page, not just on a Neoboard which many users don't read (and many people with an under-13 account CAN'T read).

Good point, though they'll probably just address it in the New Features when they're posted

Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:28 pm

Damn... I don't read the neoboards, so had no idea that TNT had taken this position. They should have neomailed everyone and let them know or put it in on the news page :(

Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:37 pm

wildkitten wrote:Damn... I don't read the neoboards, so had no idea that TNT had taken this position. They should have neomailed everyone and let them know or put it in on the news page :(

Neither do I. I imagine a lot of people don't read the neoboards. I really am curious to see how they address it though. o_O

Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:41 pm

Had it not been posted in this thread, I wouldn't have known they said it was cheating on the boards either.

Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:42 pm

Does anyone else remember the enormous pages upon pages of "cheat" info on the potions puzzle of the Neovia plot (whatever it was called...). If I lose a 6 and a half year account over using the stupid calculator when I didn't even get to the to be continued before taking a break and coming back to find it banned.... I'll.... I'll... I don't know. :cry:

Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:45 pm

I almost never visit the neoboards anymore, so I wouldn't of known either. I likely wouldn't have used the calculator until I was about ready to bash my brains in (must be a pride thing or something... :thinking: ), but it's still a matter of principle. They should have least put it in the news. I mean, it's you're own fault if you never check the news, but not everyone can even go on the neoboards.

Ah well, back to plug n chug...
Last edited by butterflygirl on Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Topic locked