Whether it be a puzzle or a war, this is the place to be for all your plot related needs.
Topic locked

Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:22 am

Meh, it doesn't matter to me what the prizes are. They could hand out Royal Paint Brushes, and people would still be ticked because of the wait and/or deflation because of the number of people who finished the plot.

All I want is a trophy (that actually displays points *grumbleAltadorCupgrumble*) for the 'war' portion, and I'll be happy. :)

Edit: stupid word filter

Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:31 am

metalmario wrote:Meh, it doesn't matter to me what the prizes are. They could hand out Royal Paint Brushes, and people would still be ticked because of the wait and/or deflation because of the number of people who finished the plot.

All I want is a trophy (that actually displays points *grumbleAltadorCupgrumble*) for the 'war' portion, and I'll be happy. :)

Edit: stupid word filter

Realistically, they're not going to hand out Royal Paint Brushes. I don't know how much people would mind if they did. REALISTICALLY, we can probably expect Halloween paint brushes to be a prize, but people won't be pleased with that because...well...lots of people got those during grave digging, and it was a prize in the Altador Cup plot, too. So yeah...

I agree, though. At this point, I don't think there's much TNT can give as prizes that will really make us go, "Now THAT was worth the wait!" So long as they don't go down the Altador Plot route (i.e., same prizes for everyone), then there shouldn't be THAT big of an uproar once the prizes are finally released.

Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:44 pm

I think some sort of big NEW prize would be cool. A new PB you could only get from this plot, or a great battledome item... something the people who worked so hard to to finish the plot could get a profit out of.

Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:53 pm

ggagahc wrote:Realistically, they're not going to hand out Royal Paint Brushes. I don't know how much people would mind if they did. REALISTICALLY, we can probably expect Halloween paint brushes to be a prize, but people won't be pleased with that because...well...lots of people got those during grave digging, and it was a prize in the Altador Cup plot, too. So yeah...

I agree, though. At this point, I don't think there's much TNT can give as prizes that will really make us go, "Now THAT was worth the wait!" So long as they don't go down the Altador Plot route (i.e., same prizes for everyone), then there shouldn't be THAT big of an uproar once the prizes are finally released.

omg . . . . you're right. . . I can't think of anything realistically that they'd give us that would make it worth the wait. I'm expecting a 10-icon weapon that won't be worth much to me given what I already have. I just hope it'll be something worth enough that I can sell to get what I really want. . .

Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:34 pm

The funny thing is that so many people have quit really doing much on the site in their wait for prizes.

The news is seriously just so boring. The Lunar Festival was all well and good but there are no new colors, no avatars, and boring, hard to play games.

I simply do my dailies (by premium portal) and that's it. Perhaps, PERHAPS I'll start back up again when prizes are out... but really, if they're as craptacular as the Altador Plot prizes, that's the end for me.

and regarding prizes... I was thinking, going through stuff... and seriously, I CAN'T think of something that would make it worth it for me. It was a Haunted Woods plot... that paint-brush has already been released as a prize... and they certainly won't release a new color for that.
Cute petpets are all fine and dandy but they're flooding the market with various petpets... I really can't think of something awesome.

Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:34 pm

Dunno. After the Lost Desert plot I think most people ended up satisfied despite the wait.

A really nice Battledome item that went well with my Ring of the Lost would certainly do it for me.

Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:55 pm

bgryph wrote:A really nice Battledome item that went well with my Ring of the Lost would certainly do it for me.

I agree. I'm really hoping for a new, totally awesome battledome item. If we don't get a new battledome item (a really, really good one), I can't think of anything else that would be worth this wait.

Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:56 pm

I hope we get to pick our prizes whatever they are, like in the Lost Desert plot. It would be nice to be ablet o pick a really powerful battledome weapon...that's worth a ton!! lol

Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:46 pm

Im not complaining but theyve spent four more days verifying stats then it did the first time so I'm geussing prizes will be out this week.

Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:42 pm

What day did I put down for prizes NOT to be released in the (optional) betting pool? The 27th?

Yeah... that'll be the day TNT releases them. :roll:

Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:41 am

psyco_chick32 wrote:The funny thing is that so many people have quit really doing much on the site in their wait for prizes.

The news is seriously just so boring. The Lunar Festival was all well and good but there are no new colors, no avatars, and boring, hard to play games.

honestly, i entirely agree with you
the news is horrible.
everyday i just wait and wait for it.. and then when it comes out, i'm like oh big whoop-dee-doo
nothing exciting, nothing new (really)
oh how i long for the old-days :(

Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:10 am

Kokotankuu wrote:I hope we get to pick our prizes whatever they are, like in the Lost Desert plot. It would be nice to be ablet o pick a really powerful battledome weapon...that's worth a ton!! lol

I can't see anything, even the top prizes, competing with the likes of the ring of the lost in terms of value... too many people finished the plot. A preize store would be nice though.

Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:59 am

10 years from now, 20 plots later, after everyone forgets about it, we'll get the prizes and everyone will go what the heck.

edit: I hate the chat filter...

how about .......

Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:57 am

I'm sort of hoping for a 50% healer, or something like that. It seems like there's a big gap between the greater healing scroll and the jade scorchstone. Those pets who don't have species healers would benefit greatly from something like that.

Re: how about .......

Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:12 am

labrat167 wrote:I'm sort of hoping for a 50% healer, or something like that. It seems like there's a big gap between the greater healing scroll and the jade scorchstone. Those pets who don't have species healers would benefit greatly from something like that.

It won't happen. The plot was nowhere near hard enough to warrant anything that powerful. You might get a healer, but it won't be an all-pet 50% healer
Topic locked