Whether it be a puzzle or a war, this is the place to be for all your plot related needs.
Topic locked

Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:24 am

Damage:6 hp Damage:169 hp

Quoth Furious Stones:
MOAN MOAN...

You have beaten Furious Stones!
You have won this fight!

Whoot!! I changed weapons. I was being lazy before, and just was using anything - so I whipped out the big guns. :roflol:

Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:25 am

Daze wrote:
Whoot!! I changed weapons. I was being lazy before, and just was using anything - so I whipped out the big guns. :roflol:

what you using?

Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:27 am

pinkflamingonewsgirl wrote:What other (preferably inexpensive) items are working well?

For the budget battlers:

-Scarab Ring (excellent dual duty for newer battlers)
-Tooth of Terask (ditto)
-Obsidian Dagger
-Earth Faerie Slingshot (great weapon for newer battlers)
-Earth Faerie Bow (also decent)
-Leaf Shield (Mystical White Cloak would work well against these guys, too)
-Downsize!
-Greater Healing Scroll (Lesser Healing Scroll if you have under 25 hit points)
-Snowglobe Staff (for a freeze)
-Some kind of bomb -- Chocolate Chip Battle Biscuit is nice, does 12 icons, but even sand snowball or sticky snowball is fine.

If you want to pack a bit more of a punch, these are stronger (9 icons), and still buyable (also, easy to sell if you don't want them forever):

-Stone Club
-Ice Club

You can look up any weapon here (search is in the sidebar, near the bottom). And make sure you have the faerie abilities burrow and sink.

More info in my first couple posts here.
Last edited by Cranberry on Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:30 am

nckheinrich wrote:
Daze wrote:

what you using?

Honey Potion + Ramtor's Spellbook

I also have a Ring of the Lost.

Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:33 am

Whoo I hit 50 wins verse the Furious Stones. Though now I got to hit twice to win. YAY! I just did 51 on and I got the Battle Faerie Avatar.

Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:37 am

Im alternating between NQII and battling, and each time Rohane does 120 damage on a Corrupted Faerie, I wish I could steal him for use on the tombstones. My battle pet gets about 45 damage on them, average, which is pathetic compared to all the battlers here :) Its still exciting though, because this is the first time Ive had any trained pets in plot battles. I only got 2 points and 3 points in the Meridell related wars. Those shields are kind of embarrassing.

Hopefully I'll finish NQII tonight or tomorrow, and get something besides Tooth of Terask to help me out. (Now that Ive said it, I probably jinxed myself.)

Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:40 am

Usually they're blocking some of my attack, so I end up doing between 200 and 350 damage to them. On my last round, I did 467 damage, though. It's fun, but I definitely hope we get some more waves and tougher opponents!

I wonder how they're going to score this. We've never had a combined puzzle/war plot before... with the supporter/battler divide in the last one, you had to choose between them.

Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:44 am

Underdogpuff - that's cool! :) I'm really hoping to get the Battle Faeire Avatar also from this :)

Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:46 am

wildkitten wrote:Underdogpuff - that's cool! :) I'm really hoping to get the Battle Faeire Avatar also from this :)

Yeah I was so excited to get it I mean I have battled the Chia Clown over 100 times to get my HP back up and I never got it but when focusing on these battles I got it. I did get a piece of the petpet lab but that's like 1k?

Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:55 am

Heh. Honey potion alone is enough for over 100 rounds. :)

Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:56 am

If you were going to recommend one weapon with a budget of 200,000 what would you recommend?

Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:00 am

Cloudy Wand of Storms about 180k 3 fire 3 dark 2 water 3 nature defence

Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:01 am

darkscarlett wrote:If you were going to recommend one weapon with a budget of 200,000 what would you recommend?

I think the Golden Compass is pretty good for it's price I got mine around 200k. Maybe 150k I can't remember does 9 icons of damage and 3 icons of defense.

Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:02 am

Is there any sense battling these things more than once? Will I get better prizes or something?

Because these opponents are pathetic, my opening move (Honey Potion + Golden Compass + Burrow) kills them all with 0 damage to me.

It's a waste of my time unless I'm getting something better as a result in the end?

Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:02 am

darkscarlett wrote:If you were going to recommend one weapon with a budget of 200,000 what would you recommend?

It's not that simple. It all depends on your set... what else you've got. Basic 1-player BD set structure is something like this (it varies, but this is a pretty standard one):

Main attacker
Main attacker
Another attacker (not strictly necessary) or Dual-duty (often Scarab Ring, in low-mid levels)
Freezer
Bomb
Healer
Shield
Downsize!

If you just want to do the most pure attack damage you can for 200k, I wouldn't recommend one weapon, but two. The strongest weapons you can afford with that much will be solid 9-iconers. You could buy one Golden Compass OR Psellias Fighting Fan for a good chunk of that cash, and they both have lovely icon types... but icon types don't matter that much in 1-player. So I'd say grab a Stone Club AND an Ice Club, because you can afford both. Use them together for 18 solid icons of attack.
Topic locked