Whether it be a puzzle or a war, this is the place to be for all your plot related needs.
Topic locked

Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:34 am

so any word on the other two composites or is ice plasma still the only discovery?

Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:41 am

i'm working on mist using bronze, sharp, and nova. random testing for me...

Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:41 am

i went to this petpage http://www.neopets.com/~Red_Citrus22 which said

Attention: If your target ranges are anywhere between 80 and 86 there is an easier way to do it. Max out 3g Bloodfern and it will be 330 on all stats. Then use three other ingredients with nothing done to them (dont burn or soak or grind or anything at all) and you will get a composite with +83 for all stats.

has anyone tried it and does it actually work..i'm trying it now but burning the bloodfern is taking a long time.

Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:42 am

Is this a typical response during your experimenting?

You can't add any more ingredients to that composite, or it might become unstable and explode!

Just wondering. I don't know if I've seen it before and just not paid attention or if it means I'm on the right track or way off base.

-----------------
Azzie wrote:i went to this petpage http://www.neopets.com/~Red_Citrus22 which said

Attention: If your target ranges are anywhere between 80 and 86 there is an easier way to do it. Max out 3g Bloodfern and it will be 330 on all stats. Then use three other ingredients with nothing done to them (dont burn or soak or grind or anything at all) and you will get a composite with +83 for all stats.

has anyone tried it and does it actually work..i'm trying it now but burning the bloodfern is taking a long time.

Hey Azzie, I tried this and it worked for me. My target range was 81, so I tried it. But, the pet page that is recommended on the walkthru is much easier to read than this one and has the same info. sierrasea, I think.

SNak Edit: Please don't double post. If you have something to add and the last post was yours, use the EDIT button on the top right corner of your post to add it onto that post instead.

Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:46 am

Navar57 wrote:Is this a typical response during your experimenting?

You can't add any more ingredients to that composite, or it might become unstable and explode!

Just wondering. I don't know if I've seen it before and just not paid attention or if it means I'm on the right track or way off base.

You can only put things into a composite 5 times in total. (once to start, four times after that).

Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:50 am

XenaAndGabrielle wrote:
You can only put things into a composite 5 times in total. (once to start, four times after that).

Ah, thanks. I guess I had just been discarding earlier or just not paying attention. Thanks!

Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:50 am

thanks, but how long does bloodfern take to burn up.. :)

Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:53 am

Azzie wrote:thanks, but how long does bloodfern take to burn up.. :)

Depends how many grams. If you want, I tested 1 gram for properties. Results linked to in my siggy. Properties remain the same regardless of grams of a particular ingredient; however the time it takes to process is dependent on the grams (less time for less grams).

EDIT: I am doing one last experiment and have room on my Workbench. If you really wish to know, tell me how many grams you are working with. But then by that time, you would know approximately (it took longer for me to post than for you to test the same yourself). :oops: Geez I'm tired. Nevermind me, lol.
Last edited by anjuna on Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:57 am

i'm doing 3 grams, but its ok..i'll just wait.. thanks anyways for the offer :hug:

Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:01 am

3g Bloodfern Loam. You extinguish the flames burning this ingredient.
Duration: 150 seconds.

EDIT: :o You extinguish the flames burning this ingredient.
Duration: 164 seconds. (Same stats!)
(I retried, thinking I errored.)

Conjuring: +60
Divination: -30
Enchantment: -30
Power: -30

EDIT 2: Third trial, same stats but "You extinguish the flames burning this ingredient. Duration: 117 seconds." This would explain how I had equal amounts of something once and doing the same to the max resulted in slightly different stats. Amazing the variablity in code here. Mimicing nature's own abberations. Finding a screenie of that ...

Editing...

Platinum Mist is NOT Madvine Root (Crushed & Soaked to max) plus Bloodfern Loam (Soaked and Dessicated to max). Again, I was going for the misty wooded forest walking in a muddy peat bog with like stumpy, viney, root-y trees underfoot. Ahh well, back to biology, I mean chemistry. :P Good luck to everyone. It is past my bedtime. *Turns into a pumpkin in the Haunted Woods peat bog, snuggles near Esophagor* LOL
Last edited by anjuna on Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:22 am, edited 4 times in total.

Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:12 am

Hey guys,

Just a few 'interesting' bits regarding the plasma ice composite (Yes, i know it's already been solved!)

Besides requiring only the 3 ingredients used, i found some other 'parameters' the composite must fall in for it to be plasma ice.

1. Only 1g of Nova can be used. Anymore and it will revert to a miscellaneous compositie.
2. The actual property does not matter but the VALUES do. I say this because it requires any 2 positive and any 2 negative property values (0 is counted as negative).

If anyone has found conflicting results then well you can ignore this post :P But i think this may narrow the lines of 'trial and error'

Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:21 am

i threw out the bloodfern and used the jurpleberries instead..got done faster. am now on 4th stage.

Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:47 am

One one petsite I was on, it gave an average time of:
Seconds per gram
30 for burning
60 for crushing
90 for soaking
120 for dessicating

Every time it was really close for me. I know it doesn't help with definitive, but that's what I got to contribute :)

Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:51 am

these are wht i got.but it was not successful.can anyone pls hlp me... :cry:
Spectral Essence
Quantity: 23 grams
Conjuring: +275
Divination: +30
Enchantment: +1
Power: +412

Anti-Gravitic Goo
Quantity: 10 grams
Conjuring: +304
Divination: +245
Enchantment: -282
Power: -340

Miscellaneous Composition
Quantity: 12 grams
Conjuring: +68
Divination: -272
Enchantment: +102
Power: +68

these are wht is required:
Composite #1:

Special: Anti-Gravitic Goo
Quantity: 10 grams

Composite #2:

Special: Spectral Essence
Quantity: 23 grams
Relevant property: Conjuring
Target value: +275 +/- 1

Composite #3:

Quantity: 12 grams
Relevant property: Power
Target value: +66 +/- 2
Relevant property: Enchantment
Target value: +100 +/- 2

Composite 3 cannot contain more than 3 grams of any one basic ingredient.

i just dont know wht went wrong...
never mind i got.
Last edited by moreau360 on Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:22 am

Aww man, this is amazing, I'm so glad we can use one type of ingredient for composites. The 3rd composite of step 5 is so easy compared to the stuff that had to be done before...
5g of Babaa Wool - burned & split = <3 lol

...So what exactly should happen to a Meowclops with the gold potion? They're trying to turn people back to normal, and it's a normal Meowclops. They probably should have taken a Mutant one to test on ;)
Topic locked