Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 07, 2024 11:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Void Within
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2024 6:38 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yeah, the clarification for me just made it seem muddier to me. Maybe there's some other sort of act completion prize that IS tied to the chapter finish? I'm not sure. All that being said, the general consensus everywhere else (Discord, JN, etc) seems to be that the item and 100 points will still be rewarded whenever you complete everything in the act. I'm probably just overly paranoid here. :P
Either way, I'm personally playing it on the safe side and finishing all of the deeds by the end of Sunday. I've calculated how many points I should have by then, assuming I don't mess up and miss anything, and I know what I'll be buying at that point, and most of it would be things I'd spend points on anyways.

Today's tasks:

1) Finish hospital volunteering and click as above to start new one x2 (can be done every six hours).
2) Collect 10 void essences (Neopia Central, Neopian Plaza, Tyrannia).
3) Battle other challengers (if you want any of their drops; if you'd prefer plot drops, swap this step with #4)
4) Battle in BV wave I and/or II
5) Daily quests and Trudy and regular dailies

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2024 7:22 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Last night, I went ahead and just bought one each of the lower cost items to satisfy the "Rift Rewarder" Fearless Deed (i.e., challenge) by buying 15 unique items in the prize shop.

As soon as I collected 4 void essences, I checked the rewards page of TVW and sure enough, I got the nice big pop-up for completing the Deed and also for completing Act I. Really not sure where I missed 4 void essences. I genuinely thought that I had 10/10 every day since it started. But, It is possible, I guess. Meh. Act 1 done.

This may be in the 2nd post, but just in case...
Well Done!

It seems you've been going above and beyond in your efforts!

You've been awarded a total of 10 Plot Points for completing these Fearless Deeds:

Time is of the Essence (3/3)
10 pts
Oh! What's this?

You've been working especially hard!

For completing all Fearless Deeds in these Acts, you have received:
Act I
Recovering Faellie Foreground
100 pts

This item has been added to your inventory.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2024 2:11 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2024 7:40 pm NST

Okay, got another update on the Fearless Deeds thing from TNT_Dingo:
TNT_Dingo: Wanted to clear up a miscommunication, if it was not clear already, the prize (item + points) for completing all Act 1 Fearless Deeds will be obtainable even after Act 1 has ended. The Fearless Deeds can still be earned after the end of an Act and you will still get a prize for completing all Fearless Deeds in that Act.
ShySelkie: what about the points associated with completing it?
TNT_Dingo: Yes, the points, too.
TNT_Dingo: There is no hidden reward for completing achievements on time.
TNT_Dingo: Aside from achievements, though, you guys should be sure to participate in all of the other activities and keep up with the story! (^;
So...the Fearless Deeds AND their bonus prizes for Act I completion ARE possible to get after Act I ends. Cheers! :)

I may yet go ahead and do it on Sunday, just to get it out of the way and be done with it. By that point, I'll be getting at least 10 items I would've wanted to get anyways (I'm kinda meh about the super cheap ones that aren't books). So...I'll probably do it then. Plus, I want to see on my own screen the 100% thing. Just because. :P This may or may not have anything to do with the fact that BLP has already done so and MIGHT be lording it over the rest of us that he has. :lol:

ETA:
Today's tasks:

1) Finish hospital volunteering and click as above to start new one x2 (can be done every six hours).
2) Chapter 2 Page 9 is up to read. Mouse over all panels to activate the prize. After collecting the prize, you should be awarded 1 plot point and:
ImageVoid Dampener Prototype

3) Collect 10 void essences (Deserted Fairgrounds, Shenkuu, Darigan Citadel) - Don't forget to collect your bonus prize if you haven't missed a day!
4) (Optional) Regular Battledome challengers - if you want any of their drops; if you'd prefer plot drops, skip to step #5)
5) Battle in BV wave I and/or II
6) Daily quests and Trudy and regular dailies
7) Tarla is in today - Red Suede Boots - 90 (W2: 7:30am NST, W3: 4:35pm NST, W4: 9:37pm NST, Thanks Bean & Edd)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

Last edited by Pickles on Fri Jul 26, 2024 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:14 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Thanks, Pickles! My power went out last night (missed a hospital shift because my phone ran out of battery, so no internet), and I woke up when it came back on at 4:45 this morning. Tried to do my dailies, but JN was down.

There's one more step for today. If you've been collecting ten void essences/day, you should be able to collect your weekly prize on the plot home page.

I got an Eo codestone. Hopefully I can get one of the really rare prizes next time. Better luck to everyone else! (At least it's one of the more expensive codestones, though!)

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:03 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Fancy Glass Tea Set for me. Better than colored pencils.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2024 1:44 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Today's tasks:

1) Finish hospital volunteering and start new one x2 (can be done every six hours, up to 4 times/day).
2) Collect 10 void essences (Neopian Bazaar, Neovia, Darigan Citadel) - Don't forget to collect your bonus prize for the week!
3) (Optional) Obelisk/regular Battledome challengers (if you want any of their drops; if you'd prefer plot drops, swap with step #4)
5) Daily quests and Trudy and regular dailies[/quote]
6) Tarla is in today - unknown prize (W2: 7:20am NST, W3: 2:43pm NST, W4: 7:10pm NST Thanks Bean & Edd)

I think that's everything...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2024 2:44 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Today's tasks:

2) Chapter 2 Page 10 is up to read. Mouse over all panels to activate the prize. After collecting the prize, you should be awarded 1 plot point and:
ImageGrey Zafara Gnome

3) Collect 10 void essences (Maraquan Ruins, Sakhmet, Mystery Island)
4) (Optional) Regular Battledome challengers - if you want any of their drops; if you'd prefer plot drops, skip to step #5)
5) Battle in BV wave I and/or II
6) Daily quests and Trudy and regular dailies
7) Tarla is in today - Kreludan Crosswords - 90 (W3: 1:10pm NST, W4: 9:28pm NST, Thanks Bean & Edd)

Sooooo somehow they walked from Brightvale to Altador...without going over the mountains or leaving a nice shady path?
:roll: :roll: :roll: o_O

Also, I feel like they were 100% trolling us with the item today. 100%.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2024 8:08 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Pickles wrote:
Also, I feel like they were 100% trolling us with the item today. 100%.

I Gnome. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2024 8:48 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Editorial had these interesting questions/answers in it:
Quote:
With the upcoming battledome plot, will the Battleground of the Obelisk be continuing at the same time? I'm hoping that we can have time to dedicate to battling if that's expected to be a heavy component of the BD plot, but the Obelisk can also require more battle time as well, so would these two battledome events potentially conflict with one another? ~ neoaggie99999
You’ll be able to do both activities at the same time. Challengers will be released periodically and should not effect those participating in Battlegound of the Obelisk. Happy Battling! ~~ Sunpotato

Hi TNT! The completionist in me needs to know - will there be a special prize awarded to those who complete each Act's Fearless Deeds before the Act ends? ~ fiery_sword
Yes! There will be a special prize for completing all Fearless Deeds for the plot ~~ Sunpotato

To clear up confusion and speculation on the boards, could you please clarify whether the items in the Void Within plot prize shop will rotate at any point? And thanks to all of TNT for your hard work on the plot! ~ spidero
The plot prize shop will not be rotated, as new acts are introduced new prizes will be added! ~~ Sunpotato
So...we might actually see new prizes coming up? This totally changes how I'm looking at spending points before the end of Sunday. Maybe. Hm. Things to think about later. I guess we'll see on Monday if things change?

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2024 12:09 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Pickles wrote:
Hi TNT! The completionist in me needs to know - will there be a special prize awarded to those who complete each Act's Fearless Deeds before the Act ends? ~ fiery_sword
Yes! There will be a special prize for completing all Fearless Deeds for the plot ~~ Sunpotato

The nit-picky lawyer in me needs to say - Sunpotato did not answer the question if the Fearless Deeds need to be completed before the Act ends.

Perhaps the Potato meant "Yes, you do need to complete them before the Act ends." However, they did not say that. I guess we will find out on Monday. Just for the record, I am done with all Act 1 Deeds.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:54 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

A lot of commentary has been made about the lack of actually answering the question asked. I think there was a neoboard titled " sun potato is a legend for creating the most confusion"
I think we're still OK on the Fearless Deeds, based on what TNT_Dingo said.

At any rate, head's UP! There is a surprise Page 11 of the chapter today!

Today's tasks:

2) Chapter 2 Page 11 is up to read. Mouse over all panels to activate the prize. After collecting the prize, you should be awarded 1 plot point and:
ImageKing Hagan Quiguki Plushie
3) Go back to the Home Page. IF you have read through every chapter page AND received every prize from them so far, THEN this will appear:
Congratulations!
Wow, look at you go!
For fastidiously following along with the first few chapters of the story as it unfolds and participating in plot activities for the good of all Neopia during Act 1, you have earned yourself a special reward!
Something Has Happened!
ImageYou are now eligible to use 'Brush It Off' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!
4) Collect 10 void essences (Geraptiku, Meridell Castle, Neopia Central)
5) (Optional) Regular Battledome challengers - if you want any of their drops; if you'd prefer plot drops, skip to step #6)
6) Battle in BV wave I and/or II
7) Daily quests and Trudy and regular dailies
8 ) Tarla is in today - Kreludan Crosswords - 90 (yes, again) (W2 - 7:10 AM NST, W3 - 4:16 PM NST, W4 - 7:10 PM NST, Thanks Bean & Edd)

They were SO trolling us with the item today. Especially on top of yesterday. The description! And the fact that this chapter randomly had 11 pages. They are probably laughing at all of us today. Kudos, TNT. Kudos.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:33 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Pickles wrote:
They were SO trolling us with the item today. Especially on top of yesterday. The description! And the fact that this chapter randomly had 11 pages. They are probably laughing at all of us today. Kudos, TNT. Kudos.

Nigel Tufnel wrote:
These go to eleven
:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2024 3:09 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

7/27: Okay, today's was derpy, but I must be missing something yesterday, because I didn't think the item was weird. Then again, I worked crazy hours and kept falling asleep doing my dailies (including figuring out how to heal a disease so I could battle), only finishing my daily battles ten minutes before midnight NST.

Edit 7/28: Today's tasks:

A) Note that today is the last day of chapter 2/Act I. If you haven't already read all the pages of chapters 1 and 2, go read any pages you missed and collect the prizes for them. Then go back to the plot home page and collect the "Brush It Off" avatar (which was available starting yesterday).

B) If you don't trust TNTDingo saying that the act completion prize will be available after the act ends, complete all the fearless deeds for Act I:
  • From the Very Beginning (no longer available, rewarded for participating in week 1)
  • Time is of the Essence (3/3) (automatically awarded when you reach 250 void essences collected)
  • Rift Rewarder (purchase 15 unique prizes)
  • Not My Problem (attend a seasonal event, awarded when you sign up for an AC team)
After completing all fearless deeds for the act, you should be rewarded Recovering Faellie Foreground +100 plot points.

1) Finish hospital volunteering and start new one x2 (can be done every six hours, up to 4 times/day).
2) Collect 10 void essences (Altador, Faerie City, Virtupets Space Station Supply Deck)
3) (Optional) Obelisk/regular Battledome challengers (if you want any of their drops; if you'd prefer plot drops, swap with step #4)
5) Daily quests and Trudy and regular dailies[/quote]
6) Tarla is in today - unknown prize and times -- Thanks Bean & Edd)

Edit: I just signed up for an AC team and have 9,002 points to buy 15 prizes for the last fearless deed. What to get? Choosing the items with the highest NP:PP ratio that are books/albums/wearables and worth 800 or fewer PP each.
Space Station Schematics 800
The Darkest Faerie Collectible Charm 800
Virtupets Space Station Stamp 800
Stuck in Space 800
The Space Ace 500
My Life as Queen 500
Breathtaking Night Sky 500
Untold Adventures of The Space Faerie Book 500
Shenkuu Mansion Background 400
Conquer the Dark 400
Nabile Stamp 400
All About Grey Faeries 400
Space Code Stamp 300
Space Station Background 300
The Art of Crying 100
Total: 15 for 7500

And that leaves me with 1612 (after adding the points for the last fearless deed and the bonus). I might have been better off getting one of the weapons, but I didn't know which were best and didn't have time. Next act...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2024 3:37 am 
Administrator
Administrator

I literally just bought one each of the cheapest items in ascending order. Total 872 spent. Plenty left over for a good weapon, but I'll hold off for now since it's unknown what Act II shall bring. Based on 4 hospital volunteer does slots, I'm guessing we will earn plot points much faster in act 2, and presumably harder battledome opponents/better points.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2024 5:50 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

7/29 (first day of Act 2): Today's tasks (Subject to change when TNT gets in the office):

1) Thieves won! Select a boon before doing any other dailies!
2) Finish hospital volunteering and start new one x2 (can be done every six hours, up to 4 times/day). Check back mid-morning to see if more shifts have opened.
3) Read chapter 3 page 1 and collect the prize and 1 plot point.
King Kelpbeard Kelp Salad

4) Collect 10 void essences (Altador, Maraqua, Neopia Central)
5) (Optional) Battle regular Battledome challengers (if you want any of their drops; if you'd prefer plot drops, skip)
6) Battle in BV wave I and/or II using a dark weapon for at least one battle (check to see if Act 2 battling waves are available)
After completing a battle with a dark weapon, you will complete the Fight Fire with Fire fearless deed. Go back to the hub to collect 10 points.
7) Daily quests and Trudy and regular dailies[/quote]
8) Tarla is in today - unknown prize and times -- Thanks Bean & Edd)

Note: I accidentally sent the same pet on both hospital shifts at the same time once due to lag, and I did get the points and prizes, but I would recommend having five pets on your account for when it changes to four volunteer shifts at a time (which is finally showing up on mobile), so your battle pet is free for battling while the others volunteer in the hospital.

Here are some things to look forward to (based off the new fearless deeds):
  • Dr. Landelbrot's Voidworks (hopefully a puzzle)
  • Pet the Doglefox (maybe with the voidworks?)
  • Something to do with tea? (Maybe related to healing the doglefox and/or the void works?)
  • Battling in Altador (will the AC be affected?)
  • new hospital volunteer shifts with different prizes (see below)

Hospital Volunteering Prize Pool Items of Note:
New volunteer shift stat increaser prizes:
Strength serum +1 to 4 strength (a nice improvement over the bullseye potion, no negative stats!)
Therapeutic Swamp Water +0 to 1 level and defense (and heals to full health at the same time)

Cures:
Cooling ointment (cures all diseases)
Super Strength Healing Potion (Heals 225 HP outside BD)
Green healthshroom (Heals 11 HP outside BD)
Green Toadstool (heals 3 HP outside BD)
Lucky robots foot (1-use full BD healer, but you should have an LEV now)
Greater Healing Scroll (again, just use your LEV)

Cures from Act 1:
Leaded Elemental Vial (100% BD healer)
Healing Gauze Pads (might heal watery eyes, low chance)
Peppermint Stomach Medicine (heals ugga-ugga)
Yellow Healthshroom (+15 HP outside BD or cure any disease)

Stat increasers from Act 1:
Bullseye Potion (-3 to +3 strength, average ~+1.5 to +2)

So we'll now have a cheaper defense/level increaser and a better strength increaser. Too bad I'm exclusively training HP.

There are also new prizes in the plot prize shop.

I'm cautiously excited about the new steps. I just hope TNT turns off some of the old steps (or makes them less frequent or something).

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next