Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 14, 2024 10:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Altador Cup XIX (2024)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2024 2:53 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
I am amazed that I somehow managed the top scoring team this round. 8)

Easiest to keep them. Kikocat for Star again.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2024 8:18 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2024 4:33 pm NST
Soooo we're on an "everyone" Bye day again...but we're not through the first set of matches. I have no idea what we should be expecting at this point in terms of what days we'll be playing and when we won't from here on out. The FAQ still unhelpfully points to the Rules page, and the Rules page never got updated from last year. I will not be surprised if tomorrow ends up being a Bye day as well. I'm disappointed that absolutely no helpful information has been provided about the schedule.

Maybe when the first round ends, Altador gets attacked by Wraiths and we never finish the cup. :evil: :evil: :evil:

ETA:

Orion AC Side Quest 4
Hello, I am back to show another distorted vision. It may be the visions getting to me, but I think we are close to the end! Or perhaps, I am getting close to all I can take... I do have to admit, the crowd has become less daunting the more I appear. However, I'm starting to feel very strange. Almost as if my very being is affected by the mere amount of individuals with a shared affinity all converging in one place together... It feels... almost harmonious. *Ahem* Apologies, back to what's important. If you come across anything that may match this vision, please be sure to call me over to check it out! And as always, if you wish to assist with any of my past visions you can go back to my past announcements to help out!

Click on "Offer Help" and "Explore Neopia" and go find the location of the MPIC puzzle.
Solution:
Maraquan Ruins
This is most definitely the location from my fourth vision!

Thank you for leading me here!

There is tons of rubble here... If it wasn't for me being drawn to it I would never have thought to pick up this particular stone. I had to dig through the debris, but I somehow knew this was what I was meant to find here. My main questions now are how long must this have been here, and why was it here to begin with?

Orion: It seems to be part of something bigger though... perhaps my other visions will lead us to the missing pieces?
For now, keep cheering on your team at the Colosseum, and keep an eye out for me in the news there!
Here is a reward for helping me find this!

Kelp Forest Trinket
This item is now in your inventory!
When you return to Orion at the AC, you will get another pop up from Orion:
Orion:I've put all the pieces together and they created this stone tablet with, and I couldn't believe my eyes, sheet music on it! These pieces were scattered across the globe in some of the most ancient parts of Neopia and somehow had modern-day, Neopian music on them! I couldn't even begin to speculate how this is possible or who or what could have put them there...
For now, all that I could do was play the music. When I did, it caused the wind to pick up and swirl around. The velocity of the current caused leaves and other debris to become projectiles that tore and slashed at me. It was as if all of the air was being pulled into one concentrated mass before me to form something. I kept playing even as the air from my own lungs was slowly drawn out of me. With my final breath, I was able to complete the melody, but before I could witness what materialised in front of me I passed out. When I awoke the stone tablet with the sheet music had shattered once again, but beside it lay another musical cylinder. It is made of air, yet I can hold it as if it is a solid material!
I no longer sense any visions and I'm not drawn to stones like I was before. This must be all that was meant for me here. But I can feel we are one step closer to something big! For now, I will study all that we have learned, but I hope to be able to meet up with you again at the next big event!
Here take these for all your help!

Image Inside the Swirling Windstorm Background (same day as release bonus prize)
Image Broken Ancient Music Tablet
Image Air Musical Cylinder
These items are now in your inventory!
Image Orion's Prophecies Trophy

Trophy will upgrade from wood to bronze if you completed the Orion thread at the Negg Festival, or you will get the wood one if you didn't.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2024 11:01 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Today is the first (out of either 2 or maybe 1) bye days before finals. The staff tournament results may be up, but the site is acting up, so I don't recommend checking until things are fixed. We'll have time to get results and submit for the next round.

Edit: The site is working, so check that staff tourney page and pick your new team!

Okay... so that's... times 4... carry the 7... ah! Given your chosen team's performance, you've earned yourself 6360 Neopoints!

Weirdough slipped a bit (and has each week). SunPotato and Stone have both been steadily improving, and their lowest are higher than his. I'm swapping him for SunPotato.

Maybe I should have kept Aesop... After that bad round, he's now scored the highest of the whole Cup. I'll give him another chance, though Unknown's score was higher than last round, so he didn't disappoint.

And the powerhouse of Dingo, Kikocat, and Binary Supagoo continue to come through for me. And Kikocat for star player until she wins (come on, most consistent... her scores have been identical!)

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2024 8:40 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Okay... so that's... times 4... carry the 7... ah! Given your chosen team's performance, you've earned yourself 6590 Neopoints!

Definitely riding this team and 100% on KikoCat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2024 1:16 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Okay... so that's... times 4... carry the 7... ah! Given your chosen team's performance, you've earned yourself 6070 Neopoints!

Ooh, upsets in both defense and offense! Aesop slipped for the first time, and Weirdough came back as soon as I dropped him. Sunpotato was a mistake -- she went from improving each week to only getting 460. Yikes.

And Kikocat was rejected for star player. Again. Next year.

And now it's just waiting for the prize shop.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2024 12:19 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Okay... so that's... times 4... carry the 7... ah! Given your chosen team's performance, you've earned yourself 6465 Neopoints!

Yep. Aesop slipped a little. But, just 260 points behind the leader. I'll take it.

Not Kikocat? Time for the Neopians to riot in the streets! No Kikocat no peace! Meh. Maybe not but a crazy visual in my head. Garrls flipping over the stores in Neopia central, flinging shops around in the marketplace, Tonus spearing mushrooms, Myncis making mahem. Pehophin pandemonium, and Chias just standing around wide-eyed eating asparagus sad that they bought worthless NFTs.

Interesting that none of the star player winners were among the top scoring players in any of the rounds.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 1:21 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Prize shop has technically been active for two days now, trophies are all messed up (wrong images), actual winners are displaying weird. Oh, and, for some reason, the missing year stamp showed up in the prize shop today. After a lot of people had already spent their points. O.o I've been too busy to really even go look...but that was a questionable decision on TNT's part. Will not be surprised if the leaked Yooyu shows up sometime in the next couple days.

It wouldn't be a 'proper' AC without some extra drama, I guess.

At least there is now ONE decent item I can spend my prize points on? Pretty much have all the rest that I wanted since they're basically all re-releases except the bracelets.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!