Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:18 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Altador Cup [split #4]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:56 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Cranberry wrote:
Did you see the post that said Shenkuu's players were probably all Asian, so they were online playing before the glitchiness started? That was probably the stupidest one.

Oh... my... *laugh.* I actually wish I would have come up with that, its so ridiculous.

I heard that we, Shenkuu, won because one guy sat in a book depository and used a brussel sprout cannon to destroy the servers, thus causing lag. TNT wasn't able to fix it because of the other guy sitting on the grassy knoll with a bubble beam - he knocked out the TNT members responsible for repairing the non-Shenkuu servers.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:58 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

All of my scores have been going through OK - I just barely got to Rank 12 last night (only sent about 55 scores or so due to the lag). I haven't been doubled, and I haven't been undercut (I meticulously keep track, down to the exact score per game so that I know where I am). My husband hasn't experienced any loss/over-gain of points, either. I was a little bummed about the glitchiness last night, as it seriously slowed down my playing (it sometimes took up to a minute for a score to send), so I didn't get in anywhere near as many scores as I had wanted. I did enjoy watching Ever After and The Princess Bride though... :D

There have been a LOT of stupid posts on the boards, that's for sure. I made the mistake of going there last night (at which point I discovered that other people hadn't gotten their scores). It seems pretty obvious (to me at least) that the tourney is not rigged, and that teams are just getting more competitive as the tourney goes on.

I'm glad Shenkuu beat KI yesterday - and Roo got a win too! Still looking forward to the results from the Tuesday, but at this point...I'm not holding out for it. I really, really, REALLY hope they don't remove the points from that day and make us replay it, since I put in 100 games (that are currently included in my score) - that's 5 hours that I really don't want to hafta repeat, plus an entire rank level for me. I think I'd be really bummed if they do, and I know my husband would be as well (he did 80 games, which is about 20 more than he usually does). But being in IT, I can see how frustrated the programmers probably are (especially if they've heard anything of what people are saying on the boards, etc), and I know they'll come up with the best solution they can. I mean, if you think about it, they're probably under a LOT of pressure right now - with the site having been down so long and who knows what that went wrong and made the scores go crazy.
As much as I would dislike this, if they cannot retrieve/fix the scores from Tuesday, I can see the fairest solution being that they completely remove all scores from Tuesday, call them all draws, and hold a rematch day.

On a completely different note: Roo only really has two more seriously competitive games left:Mystery Island and Krawk. Most of the other teams have at least 3 or 4 major matches (against other teams that are close to the top), which I think means we have a chance of moving back into 1st...if we can pull off good matches on those two. Thankfully, they are Friday and Sunday respectively, so I'll have more time to play!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:09 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

People are starting to underestimate Roo, too -- we've only lost two matches, both against tough teams, and yet people say we're "faltering."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:18 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I can live without the missing 30/15 YYB/MSN wins from last night (since we won anyway), but I really hope they haven't lost the previous set of scores. The tournament schedule has been grueling enough without replaying anything.

Oh, and I noticed this morning that the old 24-hour delay (instead of reset at midnight) version of the Wheel of Knowledge is back, as is the original Altador plot prize page. It looks like they reverted to the old build again in the process of fixing whatever happened.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:35 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Matrinka wrote:
Cranberry wrote:
Did you see the post that said Shenkuu's players were probably all Asian, so they were online playing before the glitchiness started? That was probably the stupidest one.

Oh... my... *laugh.* I actually wish I would have come up with that, its so ridiculous.

I heard that we, Shenkuu, won because one guy sat in a book depository and used a brussel sprout cannon to destroy the servers, thus causing lag. TNT wasn't able to fix it because of the other guy sitting on the grassy knoll with a bubble beam - he knocked out the TNT members responsible for repairing the non-Shenkuu servers.

:lol: I didn't see the Asian one. I DID however see one claiming that all the glitches yesterday worked in our favor. Heh. I also saw one saying that we weren't hit with the glitches only Krawk Island. :P

All I can say is, I WISH I wasn't hit by the glitches and lag. ;)

Set by Moogie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:29 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Cranberry wrote:
People are starting to underestimate Roo, too -- we've only lost two matches, both against tough teams, and yet people say we're "faltering."

I am totally with you on this one. 2 losses and 2 draws is not bad at all. The losses were both to people we beat the first round. But hey, if they WANT to underestimate us, by all means, go ahead. It'll make winning matches easier! :evil:

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:52 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Is there anyone who has figured out how many scored goals/wins you need to reach each rank level?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:53 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Timekill wrote:
Is there anyone who has figured out how many scored goals/wins you need to reach each rank level?

Yep. We've got a link in the first post that explains it: Rankings Explained

If you need further help with it, please feel free to PM me.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:05 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

By Kyukochi's calculations (http://petpages.neopets.com/~Kyukochi), Krawk Island's loss and Roo Island's win mean that RI and KI are currently tied for first place, with Darigan very close behind; then LD, Shenkuu and MI fighting over the next three positions.

Of course, that might all change if/when Tuesday's results get uploaded... but as it is now, it looks like being a real neck-and-neck sprint to the finals. :D

Neopets Premium invites - PM or neomail me! (Please?) :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:29 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I notice the team scores are in, but my personal goals are still not updated. :cry:
I played for 3 hours the other day, over 30 games should have improved my rank to 5, and I didn't get any credit (yet?)! Anyone else with this problem? I basically refuse to play now unless I know I can improve my rank. This sucks.

Do you think that it is just lost data and I'm screwed? And if so, how can TNT go on like this? Altador had a good chance against Maraqua the other day (though I knew we would get pummeled by Roo) but if some scores weren't counted, I wonder what team really won.

Are there a lot of people whose scores haven't updated yet? Would a bug report be futile? :(

EDIT: I *think* but am not sure that my Make Some Noise scores *did* update as I played one game during the all-day "Under Review" period to see if scores would count or if there would be glitches. So I guess only the day before was a glitch day? The one day I play my butt off for hours and hours, the one day I played most of any day of the tournament .... I was at 232 wins before that and I should be well above 250 if my scores were registered.

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

Last edited by anjuna on Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:31 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

anjuna wrote:
I notice the team scores are in, but my personal goals are still not updated. :cry:
I played for 3 hours the other day, over 30 games should have improved my rank to 5, and I didn't get any credit (yet?)! Anyone else with this problem? I basically refuse to play now unless I know I can improve my rank. This sucks.

Do you think that it is just lost data and I'm screwed? And if so, how can TNT go on like this? Altador had a good chance against Maraqua the other day (though I knew we would get pummeled by Roo) but if some scores weren't counted, I wonder what team really won.

Are there a lot of people whose scores haven't updated yet? Would a bug report be futile? :(

Did the number of wins/games played update and just not your rank?

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:43 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I edited my post above with some details. Basically I am on Altador, my boyfriend on Maraqua, and it was like THE day to play 'together' and kick each others butts ... metaphorically speaking anyway. So, biting my nails as I notice ALL DAY the scores say Under Review, I prepare myself for the worst. I didn't even play a game against Roo because 1) I was resting my hands and knew we would get beaten anyway, and 2) I was afraid they would not be counted and also angry that .. apparently that seems to be the case. :x

It seems that ONE day I didn't get credit. I should have about 30 more Number of Wins on my Game Achievements module and I don't.

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:58 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

anjuna wrote:
I edited my post above with some details. Basically I am on Altador, my boyfriend on Maraqua, and it was like THE day to play 'together' and kick each others butts ... metaphorically speaking anyway. So, biting my nails as I notice ALL DAY the scores say Under Review, I prepare myself for the worst. I didn't even play a game against Roo because 1) I was resting my hands and knew we would get beaten anyway, and 2) I was afraid they would not be counted and also angry that .. apparently that seems to be the case. :x

It seems that ONE day I didn't get credit. I should have about 30 more Number of Wins on my Game Achievements module and I don't.

Sounds like you're in the large group of people who ran into this. I'd go ahead and submit a bug report, just in case, but I think it's been surmised that since a BUNCH of people didn't see their scores updated (like yours) from Tuesday, that's why the team match results haven't posted (for Tuesday alone). Wednesday scores seemed to have been untouched. We're all waiting to see what they're going to do about it. As I've posted above, I didn't have any loss in scores, but I'd sure be upset if they just wiped out Tuesdays scores as I played for about 5 hours - 100 games.
I don't think they're having any problems with scores currently being submitted.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:56 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Hmm... now I'm glad I haven't been playing, if it would have been wasted effort.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:25 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I'm in the crowd of people who never got their Tuesday scores and on top of that, they only counted about 10 of yesterday's scores. According to the spreadsheet I'm keeping (which I update after every game played) I'm missing about 50 wins. :S

Wouldn't be that big of a deal except that I'm so busy with real life that those 50 wins mean a lot to me. Hopefully TNT will get it sorted out soon.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next