Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:22 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Return of Dr Sloth [Split 7]
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:34 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

WAHOO! WAHOO! WAHOO!
Unbelievable! I just forgot about the "impossible" message and went on to another one, checked kyootestLenny's petpage and first tried 2 of the 12 combos and after that I was thinking "this way it'll take absoloutly forever..." bo then I noticed that the first and second charactor of the key are equal, then I noticed that the first and second character of the target are the same.... seems suspicious so I actually for the first proper time I used my brain and bingo! More interesting is that it took around; what? 10 seconds of calculating... and the more interesting thing is that the message had commander Garoo!
Karnatu got lucky for the first time on neopets..... I'm praising God!

Anyway, now what do I have to do? The "back to inbox" button is still on, do I have to refresh the page?

And as a help to above, as long as you have done 1 of the 3mod without the Osymbol you can progress to the 3 mods with the O symbol.

Oh crap! I just remembered that I left my car keys in the OTHER dimension...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:52 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I broke down & made a petpage for the method that I used. I simply couldn't explain it over the phone without pictures. :)

LadyRheyna's Petpage

So, I hope this can help a few of you. Really, it still is a lot of work, but finding the beginning & end of target severely narrows your options!

"I play the game for the game's own sake."
Holmes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:06 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

hey, why won't step2 finish? I completed the Garoo Message but I still can't access the bay/escape gaurds game. What's wrong? Someone please answer.

Edit: here's the text [img=http://img31.picoodle.com/img/img31/4/2/9/t_untitledm_1b8882e.gif]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:19 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Refresh the page / just go back to maintainance tunnels, 3rd door should be open.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:28 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

WAHOO! And once again the brain is better! And this time I got the REAL Garoo message! 2 messages completed in such a little time (I took a shower in between them). Yeah, I can have faith in my brain now once more.... :D :D :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:31 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Karnatu wrote:
hey, why won't step2 finish? I completed the Garoo Message but I still can't access the bay/escape gaurds game. What's wrong? Someone please answer.

Edit: here's the text [img=http://img31.picoodle.com/img/img31/4/2/9/t_untitledm_1b8882e.gif]

You need to finish all 20 messages, if you have finished all 20 and still can't get in to the shuttle bay maze I don't know what to do.

EDIT:
Enchantedstargazer wrote:
HOLY MOLY THIS IS CRAPTASTIC....

it's not necessarily hard or anything...

JUST FREAKING TEDIOUS!!! arrggg....

I have one more 3-mod without the O and then four WITH the O
I'm not a happy neopian right now.... >.<

but taking brain breaks each time i finish one has helped a whole lot....keeping me from going crazy *twitches*

I've been done for about half hour with the shuttle maze (much easier than the messages). Think I'm still twiching a bit, may take a day or so to recover.

MayEdit: Please do not double-post. If you were the last to post and you have something to add, please use the handy Image button in the lower right corner of your post. :)

Quietly contemplating life

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:46 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

tippey wrote:
Karnatu wrote:

You need to finish all 20 messages, if you have finished all 20 and still can't get in to the shuttle bay maze I don't know what to do.

No, as long as you do the Garoo Message you're done, thing was, that isn't the Garoo Message needed, but foretunately I did that too.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:22 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I finally have a bit of time to dedicate to solving the friggen 3 mods and five minutes into working on it, I get the never ending hourglass...it's been flipping over and over and over and over and over and over for the last half hour or so. :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:27 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I've decided to weigh in on the whole calculator issue. My first arguement is necessity. You did not have to map your temple in LDP to solve it, people just chose to. That was a long step in a very very long plot. Starmappers were a little different. Obviously there was a mathmatical way to solve it or mappers couldn't have been made, but in general that step was to look for some dots on a huge field of dots. There really was no strategy that could be employed to shorten the process. The codes have several legitimate ways to make more educated guesses like math or using a key. Tedious yes, imposing yes, potentially long yes, but impossible, not by a long shot.
The second arguement is the passage of time. The starmapper was well over a year ago. It's acceptance then has no impact on what is allowed now. It happens all the time. Look at laws... It used to be illegal for a woman to vote, now she can. Times change.
The bottom line is that Neopets can run their site any way they see fit. It doesn't really matter why they do something, but that it is done. We were not told we couldn't use a starmapper, we are very clearly told we can't use a code calculator. The end. We just need to move on with actually finishing the plot.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:28 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I couldn't work on the plot for a few days and now I am behind two puzzles. When I follow the link to the decrypt the space station computer messages the link doesn't seem to be there. Is it over? Am I not seeing something?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:52 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

bean_jean wrote:
I couldn't work on the plot for a few days and now I am behind two puzzles. When I follow the link to the decrypt the space station computer messages the link doesn't seem to be there. Is it over? Am I not seeing something?

It should still be there, I am working on decoding right now...or will be if the hourglass ever stops spinning. :lol:

http://www.neopets.com/space/ros/hq.phtml

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:55 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Beanjean, the link still worked for me (though I finished that part). Have you tried to go to the maintenance tunnels from the main space station page (the doors at the bottom)? If so, how many doors are open? The left one is for the first puzzle -- if that's all you see, maybe you need to revisit it to get the credit. The middle one is for the message encryption. Once you're done with that, the right door will open for the knock-out-the-guards stage.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

Last edited by Siniri on Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:56 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Anyone else noticed that sometimes when you put in the exact combination, for example 13 . 16 . 5 it gives you different answers everytime you put those 3 in. Does this happen to anyone else? I just can't seem to get any of the 3 mod codes...

and P.S.

I was looking at the find a match for 1st symbol and for last symbol guide....

what does just C count as when it is one of your choices. I mean is that a first C or a Last C or a first and last is C?

Last edited by Hidinger on Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:58 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Hidinger wrote:
Anyone else noticed that sometimes when you put in the exact combination, for example 13 . 16 . 5 it gives you different answers everytime you put those 3 in. Does this happen to anyone else? I just can't seem to get any of the 3 mod codes...

Hidinger, are you trying to do one of the 7-symbol 3-mod ones? If it says incomplete data, you need to decode one of the "easier" 3-mod ones first.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:02 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Siniri wrote:
Hidinger wrote:

Hidinger, are you trying to do one of the 7-symbol 3-mod ones? If it says incomplete data, you need to decode one of the "easier" 3-mod ones first.

Ugh. So does that mean the message I want to continue is one of those harder ones?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next