Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 5:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 22  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:59 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

the screenie that was posted of a mountain in the mist reminds me of the clearing where we had to use the vines in a previous plot. Does any one think we all need to find that in order to continue?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:02 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Wow... this must be the revenge of the evil meepits. Back into the maze.

Set by Pixa <3 || WWW for previous sets || T-Shirts gallery
Support Roo Island!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:04 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

YAY! Finished it right now! I'm sooooo happy!
Quote:
I have all 9 items.... I just can't figure out how to fix the boat now.

Each time I try to use an object it says "You can't use that right now"

First use the vines, then put the wood planks then use those thorns and then use the metalic hammer, then the bucket, then the branch, then steam vent and then the wheel!

Oh crap! I just remembered that I left my car keys in the OTHER dimension...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:07 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Ok, I'm starting to get mad now. I've mapped all 23 rooms and have only found 6 items. Are the vine, and jaw hidden somewhere or are they right out on the path like the other items were? I know where the branch is, I just can't get at the darn thing without the jaw.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:15 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Karnatu.... Thank you! I did all the steps and the ship is upright, no water, etc, etc. I have 4 items left in the inventoy... does it not say "Complete" or anything like that?

Katdragon wrote:
Ok, I'm starting to get mad now. I've mapped all 23 rooms and have only found 6 items. Are the vine, and jaw hidden somewhere or are they right out on the path like the other items were? I know where the branch is, I just can't get at the darn thing without the jaw.

Katdragon... the vines should be on the path.... but you get the jaw by reading the book. Read the diary... highlight some of the the text above the image, and just press "Tab" once, and "Enter" once. You should have a window pop up saying you found the jaw. You need the jaw in order to get the stick I believe it was.

Hope this helps!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:16 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Katdragon wrote:

The vines and jawbone are not in the maze but instead you must click on a spot on the journal......

.....or you could cheat by following the instructions posted elsewhere in this thread. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:23 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

fredajones wrote:

The vines and jawbone are not in the maze but instead you must click on a spot on the journal......

Right, found the jawbone but not the vines. There's nothing to tab to on the written part of the journal...

Edit: Nevermind, perhaps I found the vines by accident or something because they suddenly appeared in my inventory!

Last edited by Katdragon on Thu May 24, 2007 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:26 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I hope they fix it so I'm not stuck in a loop before I have to leave for a while...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:47 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Thanks for the help everyone! My ship is up and running.

For those of you still mapping - may I suggest that you don't use arrows - it gets very messy. Here's how I did it:

1) Start wherever you are on the map. If it's the boat, that's cool - otherwise if you're lost in the woods just go from where you are, don't try and get back to the boat.

2) Each screen has 5 items on it, either a tree or a path. The path can be: straight: |
open-bracket-shaped: (
closed-bracket-shaped: )
s-shaped: S
z-shaped: Z (but more curvy, like a backwards S)

3) So, write down what you see on the screen (I wrote down the trees in a different colour to the paths to make searching easier later). And write the number 1 next to the marks. For example, I did:

1. | T T ) )

4) Now you need to label your paths. I did it including trees. So for the above example the paths would be:

1.1, 1.4 and 1.5 (with the trees being 1.2 and 1.3).

5) Now it's time to investigate. I always started going from left to right, no matter where it took me. In my example the first path available is 1.1 so I click on it.

6) Now you've been taken to another screen. For me it was:

( T | | )

So write this combination down and the number 2 next to this set.
Then, write the following: path you clicked on -> set you got to.
So for this example I would write 1.1 (the first path on the first screen) -> 2 (the second screen that I haven't seen before).

Now make a mark next to the path you clicked on (in this case 1.1) so that you know you've travelled that path. You could use the 1.1 - > 2 but it's easier to see if you visually mark the path. I used a green dot.

7) Eventually you'll get to some paths that will take you back to where you came from. This is where it's invaluable to have marked what your screen looked like, because you go back to your sets and look to see if your current screen matches one of them, or if it's new.

8) I found it useful to make an Excel document and list all the paths I found and where they led to. That way I could go back to a screen and try new paths if I hadn't done them already.

Hopefully this makes sense - if it doesn't, let me know and I'll try and be clearer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:47 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Ok, I finished last night, so this morning I re-mapped my maze. I have 26 rooms. I'm absolutely sure of this. I went through it many many times and it all seems correct. I have 3 rooms that are VERY VERY VERY similar. The paths are the same and also in the same place. The only difference is one rock that is in 3 different possitions. If you think you're in a loop, try looking for subtle differences. I mapped my maze similar to Kat's, but I did it this way-- I drew 24 boxes (then added 2 more) and labeled each box with a letter. The first box (A) I just wrote in boat then drew the 2 paths. I clicked on the left path and drew the paths in box B. Above the path that I clicked in box A, I wrote a B. I just kept going until all my paths were connected to another box.

Do you have your towel?

Last edited by Trilian8 on Thu May 24, 2007 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:48 pm 

Please, how is the Hammer/Motor attained? I have everything else and have had no glitches. This is the last item I need. Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:52 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Go back and re-read chapter 4 and make sure you click on the last panel. This should put the item in your inventory.

Do you have your towel?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:00 pm 

it gave me the thorns but not the hammer/motor thing. :/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:02 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Hmmmm, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe try going to all the chapters??? Mine was there when I started the maze. Anyone else have any suggestions? Maybe I'm forgetting something.

Do you have your towel?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:04 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I have the motor but not the thorns. Uggh. I actually didn't read any guide and thought they were in the maze... and mapped it all thoroughly. Sigh.

Edit: got them, I just had to click 2-3 times on the last panel in chapter 5.

Set by Pixa <3 || WWW for previous sets || T-Shirts gallery
Support Roo Island!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 22  Next