Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 23, 2024 7:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Altador Cup [split #4]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:44 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

metalmario wrote:
It is possible to get a 10th goal, I've done it twice (only with fire balls). The counter in the top of your screen changes to 10, but when you get to the sumbit score/new game it only says 9 so it's not really worth it. So I just play keep away until the time ends. :) I've heard people on the boards claiming to get to 12 multiple times too.

I haven't played much this weekend. I don't understand why I play more during the week, but oh well. At least today is just against Faerieland. (no offense to FLers >.>)

I've done it twice aswel. Once with a mutant ball and once with fire. Although both times I wanted to get a screeni my time was over! :x Actually it does count, even though it changes to 9 but it counts towards your goals scored. I know people that get 12-0 as regular. And I know someone with PROOF of that they got 11-0. His username is Bjarkeps so go look him up.

Oh crap! I just remembered that I left my car keys in the OTHER dimension...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:19 am 
PPT God
PPT God

oh i can never ever get a tenth goal :(
I find that all the goal keepers I get after scoring 9 goals become Super Goalies, and really what I do after 9 goals is just run around the field with the ball :oops:

set by Sakura

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:41 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Why are you ashamed? I do that a lot too. It's not bad.

Oh crap! I just remembered that I left my car keys in the OTHER dimension...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:39 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Karnatu wrote:
I know someone with PROOF of that they got 11-0. His username is Bjarkeps so go look him up.
I had a look, and that user's petpage has a screenie of the final scoreboard with 0-11 on it. Hmm... I thought metalmario said that the score on the scoreboard reverted to 0-9 regardless of how many goals you actually scored? I don't doubt that scoring 10 or 11 goals is possible, but I wouldn't treat that screenie as proof, personally.

Neopeteer (http://tinyurl.com/2jm48j) has a fun (and pretty short) tutorial for getting a screenie with the final scoreboard showing more than 9 goals...
Use Photoshop. :P

Neopets Premium invites - PM or neomail me! (Please?) :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:52 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Bah. I'm gone for 5 days, and we get creamed on two of them. Not what I was hoping to see when I got home. :cry: Oh well. Does anyone know how we did against Haunted Woods? (I don't have access to Neo right now.)
Definitely going to be doing some serious Yooyuball when I get home! (Admittedly, this is assuming I don't crash out on the couch, since we didn't get back until after midnight last night due to two construction sites and an accident which ended up turning our 15-hour drive into an 17-hour drive...{sigh}). I did manage to get to Rank 9 before I left, though. I'm aiming to bump up in rank at least every other day from here on out - maybe I'll make it to the lowest gold rank, if I'm lucky! That's a lot of games to play, though!

As for 10 goals...I haven't managed to pull that off yet, either. Of course, I haven't exactly been trying, since it's much easier to waste the remaining time.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:10 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
Pickles wrote:
Does anyone know how we did against Haunted Woods? (I don't have access to Neo right now.)

Scores aren't up yet. I'll PM you if you want with the results, should they come up in the next couple hours or so.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:49 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Moongewl wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Does anyone know how we did against Haunted Woods? (I don't have access to Neo right now.)

Scores aren't up yet. I'll PM you if you want with the results, should they come up in the next couple hours or so.

Go figure that they're not up yet still. I checked before I left for work, but yeah. :roll:
And yeah if the results go up soon and you could PM me with the Roo vs HW results, that'd be awesome! Someday, I'll remember to get my home computer set up for remote access, and then I'll be able to check Neo (from work) whenever I want. :evil: But I haven't had time to fiddle with the new firewall yet. {adds this to "to do" list}

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:25 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Pickles wrote:
Bah. I'm gone for 5 days, and we get creamed on two of them. Not what I was hoping to see when I got home. :cry: ... Definitely going to be doing some serious Yooyuball when I get home!
Sorry, Pickles. We did our best. :( With no offence meant to Faerieland, though, if you have an urge for serious Yooyuballing, maybe tomorrow would be a good one to save up for? Tomorrow we face the Lost Desert, the team that broke our straight run of wins in the first round. (Tomorrow also sees Darigan face off against Krawk Island, which will be an interesting one to watch.)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:57 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

afyapardess wrote:
Sorry, Pickles. We did our best. :( With no offence meant to Faerieland, though, if you have an urge for serious Yooyuballing, maybe tomorrow would be a good one to save up for? Tomorrow we face the Lost Desert, the team that broke our straight run of wins in the first round. (Tomorrow also sees Darigan face off against Krawk Island, which will be an interesting one to watch.)

LOL. I'm not *too* upset, really. And I know everyone's doing their best! It's OK to have a couple down days, especially with how much winning we've been doing. 8) Now it's time to step it back up again! Besides, having fun at the wedding made up for it, definitely, and at least we won Weds and Thurs! We beat Darigan the first time around, so I guess that makes us even? But Shenkuu...they're starting to make a comeback from the early losses now. I hope the other teams keep an eye on them since we've already played them both times.
As for Lost Desert... :evil: I plan on doing some serious damage *every* night - I'll have to if I want to get anywhere near a gold trophy. I'm pretty close to rank 10, but it's 100pts or more now for each rank up for me. I don't think I can handle 100 games a day every day - I've done it once, the day we were against Krawk. But yeah, tomorrow night, for sure I'll be doing as much as I can possibly handle. I'm *aiming* to get somewhere between 60 and 75 points a day minimum, but the more the better. {does some rough calculations from what I remember of my scores} Ouch. If I want to get to rank 17 (the minimum gold trophy), I need to get approx. 83 points a day. Hm. At least there's two weekend days (that I have nothing planned for), and the July 4th holiday included in that (which I have off work, whee!).
I can't wait to see who wins in the Darigan/Krawk game tomorrow! (I bet they'll "delay" the results like they did when we went against Krawk to keep up the suspense).

BTW, if anyone needs help calculating their current points for rank, or wants to know how many points they need to earn per day to get to a certain rank by the end of the competition (I'm not counting finals), feel free to PM me.

Edit: BTW, I just noticed the rank page link finally made it into the first post. Thanks! At least now we won't hafta keep reposting it!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:00 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I played for the cup in 2006 but did not use my prize points, now the link for the prizes does not work, will I ever be able to redeem them or are they permanently gone????? :cry:

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:03 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Winchycott wrote:
I played for the cup in 2006 but did not use my prize points, now the link for the prizes does not work, will I ever be able to redeem them or are they permanently gone????? :cry:

I think TNT said in the last editorial that they took them down temporarily until this cup is over, and that it would be back up a the same time the prizes for this round go up.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:06 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Pickles wrote:
Winchycott wrote:

I think TNT said in the last editorial that they took them down temporarily until this cup is over, and that it would be back up a the same time the prizes for this round go up.

OH thank goodness :)

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:28 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Pickles wrote:
I'm *aiming* to get somewhere between 60 and 75 points a day minimum, but the more the better. {does some rough calculations from what I remember of my scores} Ouch. If I want to get to rank 17 (the minimum gold trophy), I need to get approx. 83 points a day. Hm. At least there's two weekend days (that I have nothing planned for), and the July 4th holiday included in that (which I have off work, whee!).
Yay for off work... but OUCH for 83 points a day!! I'm only just able to keep up with 32, which is what I need for my target of the first shiny.

The scores are up. Roo Island beat Haunted Woods in YYB and SS, drew in MSN; no other upsets except that Darigan drew with Mystery Island in YYB and SS and lost in MSN, which means Darigan and Roo Island are now tied for second place but Krawk Island have a large lead.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:05 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

afyapardess wrote:
Yay for off work... but OUCH for 83 points a day!! I'm only just able to keep up with 32, which is what I need for my target of the first shiny.

The scores are up. Roo Island beat Haunted Woods in YYB and SS, drew in MSN; no other upsets except that Darigan drew with Mystery Island in YYB and SS and lost in MSN, which means Darigan and Roo Island are now tied for second place but Krawk Island have a large lead.

Hehe, yeah, Moongewl was kind enough to PM me and let me know. Go Roo!
I wish mine was only 32...that's what I started at until finding out what the trophies were at. And that's why I've gotta do 83...basically to catch up with what I didn't do the first week and a half before ranks were more well known. Oh well, many more movies to watch/listen to in the background!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:21 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I have way more catching up to do than that :D

Please help my dragons grow and give a click!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next