Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2024 11:51 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Journey to the Lost Isle Discussion (split #15)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:07 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I dunno, looking at the prizes, I'm interested in the hat and specs, but not much else. This was such a weird plot, the prizes may be kinda lame, but I don't feel like I really did anything to earn them anyway. In fact, besides maybe an avatar or something small and standard, I think it is kinda silly that they're releasing prizes at all. I'm guessing the battling is going to count for a lot, because other than getting stuck in that stupid maze glitch, I feel like I put out zero effort, for sure nothing that requires a prize shop.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:00 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

varii wrote:
This was such a weird plot, the prizes may be kinda lame, but I don't feel like I really did anything to earn them anyway. In fact, besides maybe an avatar or something small and standard, I think it is kinda silly that they're releasing prizes at all.
I'm puzzled by it. I still refuse to believe the plot can possibly be over yet, EVERYTHING is still unexplained, quite apart from the clues they've dropped that it's not. If they do release them now, those are going to be some cheap weapons, so many people will get the top prize. :roll: Anyone think it's possible the plot prize pictures were uploaded as part of their double-bluff to make us think it's over...?

Neopets Premium invites - PM or neomail me! (Please?) :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:08 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
I can't see them uploading plot prizes when it's not over or almost over. So if those are plot prizes(and they look like they are), I guess I'll join the multitudes of the disappointed.
Nothing happened! They went on a boat ride, almost got killed, and got back on the boat.
Unless...and this just occurred to me...they'll give out prizes for the first part only, and do a "Lost Isle Part 2" plot?

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:19 am 
PPT God
PPT God

All I'm really interested in are the plushies, but then I collect plushies. ;) The flower looks interesting too. I'm not disappointed in the prizes, but I really didn't have much expectations for them. I assumed it was going to be sort of an Altador plot style, not where the plot was left open but rather like 4 set prizes and the number of them you get depended on if you finished/effort and stuff. Oh well. Although I AM disappointed that the plot actually is over.

Set by Moogie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:59 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Well, if there was no win cap on the battledome opponents, than not many people at all will get the top score and top prizes, so the weapons could be decent.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:14 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I'm *not* going to make the same mistake I made last time, and buy the battledome items.

The prizes for plots always suck. The people who get the good prizes, are the people who don't actually have lives, unfortunately.

* is still mad at anyone who managed to beat the Pet Pet Horde over 200 times *

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:09 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

littleboy6326 wrote:
The people who get the good prizes, are the people who don't actually have lives, unfortunately.

* is still mad at anyone who managed to beat the Pet Pet Horde over 200 times *

Um, what? That was rude. Perhaps you weren't being serious, but it is possible to to be an accomplished player and still have a life.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:04 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Not to mention that someone with a 700-boost pet with 1000+ hit points can get 200 wins in less than a day, leaving them plenty of time to have a life. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:02 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Littleboy has been PMed about his recent post and there's no need to carry on this line of discussion in this thread as nothing good will come of it

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:12 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Yep... plot battledome prizes suck. I weep at how many points I wasted on getting the Rusty Lamppost. Next time, I'm investing in collectibles like books. They disappear after being read, so if I hold on to them, they should increase in value.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:05 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Matrinka wrote:
Yep... plot battledome prizes suck. I weep at how many points I wasted on getting the Rusty Lamppost. Next time, I'm investing in collectibles like books. They disappear after being read, so if I hold on to them, they should increase in value.
I don't know that that's always true. I'm pretty glad I bought the Ring of the Lost with my LDP plot points. :) At the time, that one item was worth more than all the money I had in the bank - and it's only increased in value since then. I strongly advise everyone to wait until IDB work out how powerful the weapons are before investing in them.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:02 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

And don't forget Hobans Hat, Yooyuball Keepers Chest Guard, and Yooyuball Player Sling, all good weapons that were relatively easy to obtain. The hat is a nice dual-duty for those who have trained defence (and a nice 10-iconer for those who haven't), and the yooyuball weapons block all physical icons regardless of your pet's defence boost. Even the Royal Wedding Ring from the LDP is decent (although it's no RotL -- that thing's awesome).

Anyway, what afyapardess says is right -- plot points don't expire, so wait until we test weapons at IDB and get the info up, along with a couple ratings (it won't take long). We always have a big thread about any BD prizes, so you can look there and get the general consensus on their usefulness.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:03 pm 

Yay idb!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:11 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Okay, I take it back, not all plot prize weapons suck. I'm just feeling bitter due to the Rusty Lamppost. Tale of Woe was one of my first plots... I didn't really know what to pick as a prize. I followed the "most expensive = the best" mode of thought.

:)

I'm still thinking of investing in the books. They always seem to be a good choice.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:09 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Matrinka wrote:
Okay, I take it back, not all plot prize weapons suck. I'm just feeling bitter due to the Rusty Lamppost. Tale of Woe was one of my first plots... I didn't really know what to pick as a prize. I followed the "most expensive = the best" mode of thought. ... I'm still thinking of investing in the books. They always seem to be a good choice.
Yeah, the TOW BD prizes were disappointing. If you want to spend your plot points quickly, books are likely to be a good choice - but personally, I hold onto my points for at least a few weeks (sometimes a few months) and see how the value of each item settles. If you want something but it's not good value for your plot points, you can always buy it with NP instead. :)

It's a week now until the Altador Cup finishes. I'm crossing my fingers for Plot part 2 to be announced after that.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next