Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:37 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Altador Cup [split #5]
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:10 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

amarise wrote:
Honestly, I didn't play all that much last year, which is why I worked so hard this year. If I had just put in a little more effort, I could have gotten the top prizes, so my regret really motivated me this time around. :D
I wish you the best in attaining your goal, Pickles. :) And I'm watching the battle for top 4 with great interest. ;)

Thanks! I, too, slacked off last year - hence my strong motivation this year. I was about 2 games away from getting the prize I really wanted, for which I kicked myself for a while before cracking and buying it from a non-slacker.
DiscordantNote wrote:
And hey, is it just me, or did make Some Noise become a lot easier?

Yeah, it did, about a week and a half ago - it stopped fluctuating like mad, and thus you didn't hafta hope you hit the spacebar at *exactly* the right split second. This made me VERY happy. Plus, the bonuses are an added number after you finish, instead of being included in where your score is during the game.
Karnatu wrote:
Why are all PPT members Shenkuu?

They're not....there's a fairly decent chunk of us who are on the Roo team! :)

Looks like the top four standings (Darigan, Roo, Shenkuu, Krawk) didn't change at all today, as we all won everything. Not entirely unexpected, though, as none of the teams anywhere near the top were against each other. I'm glad Roo won, because I kinda slacked last night - made it a semi-off night and did some serious cleaning instead.

On a side note, I lost another 12 wins from my total overnight, bringing my total missing wins up to 26. :( I already submitted a bug report, but I'm starting to lose hope that we'll be getting any of these back, since it doesn't seem like anywhere near as many people are experiencing the loss as there were the first time it happened, and last I checked, the neoboards weren't full of "where did my points go" posts. My husband, thankfully, didn't lose any more today, but none of either of our missing games have shown back up. I'm guessing I'll hafta get to my goal without those, which means an extra hour + to add at some point this week.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:28 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Okay, so I have a question.
I try to play a little everyday, but I missed almost two weeks of playing (I'm a little bit of a slacker, what can I say?)
Anyways, if calculating my score using the method everyone else was using, I think I should have reached level one by now.. :oops: ??
what do you think is up?

YYB - Number of Wins 26
SS - Games Played 50
MSN - Games Played 145

proudly own a maraquan pet? go here! -- join Jealousea, a pet directory!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:39 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

stormymyst wrote:
I try to play a little everyday, but I missed almost two weeks of playing (I'm a little bit of a slacker, what can I say?)
Anyways, if calculating my score using the method everyone else was using, I think I should have reached level one by now.. :oops: ??
what do you think is up?

YYB - Number of Wins 26
SS - Games Played 50
MSN - Games Played 145

Hm. Yes, you should be just over level 1 (I got that you have 52.33333 points.) It's possible that some of the scores you sent for SS or MSN were not high enough - there's been speculation that there's a "cut-off" score for the points actually counting towards your rank. {shrugs} Other than that...maybe it has to do with the same thing that keeps eating our points?

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:37 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Only two of my scores showed up from yesterday. :( I mean I was working yesterday so I only got to play for about an hour or so, but I think I could have gotten more than 2 scores. ;)

Oh well I'm planning on playing like mad today. Hopefully we'll give Darigan a run for their money. :)

Edit: oh and I'm going to attempt to keep track of how many games I'm playing today, just so I can get a definite picture of how many I actually get credit for. ;)

Set by Moogie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:16 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

stormymyst wrote:
what do you think is up?

YYB - Number of Wins 26
SS - Games Played 50
MSN - Games Played 145

You should just be over 50 and therefore Rank 1:
YYB - 26
SS - 16.6 (50/3)
MSN - 9.6 (145/15)
Total - 52.2

But I don't think you would get partial credit for SS or MSN so your score would be 51.

As the charts are not 100% sure of the rankings I would suggest bringing up your SS and MSN games to the next bracket of scores. SS are multiples of 3 for 1 point and MSN is multiples of 15 for 1 point. So the next SS score needed is 51 and MSN is 150 for you to get another point for each game.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:50 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

stormymyst wrote:
I think I should have reached level one by now.. :oops: ??
Like others have suggested, I'd play a little more of each game and see if your rank updates. Remember that your points are only counted once a day, so no matter how many games you score today, your rank won't increase until tomorrow. :)

I was only one game short in today's reckoning, but I didn't play very much yesterday, because I got disillusioned with so many games going missing. :(

Neopets Premium invites - PM or neomail me! (Please?) :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:19 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Aiya. I sent more scores in all three games today than I have in any other match. My hands hurt and my now-somnolent family thinks I'm nuts, but at least I know that if we lose our Darigan matches, it won't be because I slacked off.

And now, a Cup haiku:

Standings torment me
My labors hang in limbo
Match: Under review

;)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:15 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

forcesinbalance wrote:
And now, a Cup haiku:

Standings torment me
My labors hang in limbo
Match: Under review

;)
That is completely classic. :roflol:

Neopets Premium invites - PM or neomail me! (Please?) :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:13 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

We drew 2 games and won MSN! Go Shenkuu!

Set by the amazing Kitten Medli.
Wanna see some of my writing? Click here!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:17 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

kcharles wrote:

Just what I was about to say :)
On the downside, about 43 of my wins just got eaten from yesterday's scores, boo.

niel/dark_draconis88 on Neo/GPX+

Devourer of Oranges

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:48 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

draconis wrote:
kcharles wrote:

On the downside, about 43 of my wins just got eaten from yesterday's scores, boo.

Well, now I don't feel so guilty about only playing a little bit of YYB last night (the pool and fireworks were more tempting than hours of tedious YYB). But I've noticed that I *did* play enough last night to at least get me part way to rank 11 -- but none of my scores were reported either. I think there is a glitch... so we'll have to wait till tomorrow, NST, to get them fixed.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:51 pm 

Matrinka wrote:
draconis wrote:
kcharles wrote:

Well, now I don't feel so guilty about only playing a little bit of YYB last night (the pool and fireworks were more tempting than hours of tedious YYB). But I've noticed that I *did* play enough last night to at least get me part way to rank 11 -- but none of my scores were reported either. I think there is a glitch... so we'll have to wait till tomorrow, NST, to get them fixed.

As someone who's missing about 80 wins, I darn well hope so.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:20 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

...absolutely nothing I did yesterday got counted. My game counts haven;t changed at all. Arg.

Set by Moogie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:27 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Kurisutaru wrote:
...absolutely nothing I did yesterday got counted. My game counts haven;t changed at all. Arg.

Personal tallies have not be added yet. Don't panic, we should get them soon.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:29 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Daze wrote:
Kurisutaru wrote:

Personal tallies have not be added yet. Don't panic, we should get them soon.

Oh good. Thank you! Usually when I wake up the results are up and tallies have been added that's why I was freaking out. :)

Set by Moogie

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next