Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 14, 2024 10:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Void Within Discussion [Split 1]
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2024 7:50 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Daily Tasks:

1) Finish hospital volunteering and click to start new one x2 (can be done every six hours).
2) Collect 10 void essences (Faerie City, Meridell, Meri Acres Farm)
3) (Optional) Regular Battledome challengers - if you want any of their drops; if you'd prefer plot drops, skip to step #4)
4) Battle in BV wave I and/or II
5) Daily quests and Trudy and regular dailies
6) Altador Cup (Unless you're LD)
7) Tarla is in. Remaining windows: 3:11 PM NSTm 8:10-8:45 PM NST - Altadorian Defences - 85 (thanks Bean and Edd!)

I'm still surprised the Strale hasn't dropped more in price since it's also a weekly quest prize, but I'm glad you were able to sell it quickly at a good price!

I agree on too much to do every day, Siniri. It's gotten to be very tedious and time consuming, and not as much fun. I'm looking forward to whatever the next step is, as well as more hospital shifts.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2024 8:44 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Pickles wrote:
I agree on too much to do every day, Siniri. It's gotten to be very tedious and time consuming, and not as much fun. I'm looking forward to whatever the next step is, as well as more hospital shifts.

Me three. I've mostly been able to do the daily quest and plot tasks efficiently, but they are getting a little tedious at times. Today, with too much to do, I am happy that they can all be done on my phone. Tomorrow might be tricky in the bar working an event...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2024 5:38 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Daily Tasks:

The end of Chapter 3 draws near... There is nothing more for you to do now but await the start of a new chapter!

1) Finish hospital volunteering and click to start new one x2 (can be done every six hours).
2) Collect 10 void essences (Geraptiku, Maraquan Ruins, Shenkuu)
3) (Optional) Regular Battledome challengers - if you want any of their drops; if you'd prefer plot drops, skip to step #4)
4) Battle in BV wave I and/or II
5) Daily quests and Trudy and regular dailies
6) No Altador Cup. Yet a third Bye Day.
7) Tarla is in. Remaining windows: 11:14 AM NST, 3:24 PM NST, 11:10 PM NST - Stagnant Puddle of Water - 89 (thanks Bean and Edd!)

Maybe some new stuff tomorrow? Make sure you've clicked through all the chapter pages and collected prizes by the end of today. Looks like Chapter 4 will be starting tomorrow!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 8:26 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

New stuff is out. I woke up and decided to check. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DO THE NEW PUZZLE GAME ON YOUR PHONE/TABLET! AND WHEN YOU DO PLAY IT, IT'S MEEPIT JUICE BREAK. IT WILL START THE TIMER AS SOON AS YOU CLOSE THE POP-UP TO READ THE INSTRUCTIONS AT THE TOP (WHICH ACTUALLY AREN'T INSTRUCTIONS). Be ready to play right away or hit the pause button. (On mobile, the game won't be visible until you scroll down, so you'll lose half your time reading the non-instructions not realizing the game started when you closed the pop-up that was half-blocking the non-instructions).

Ask me how I know.

If you fail to solve a puzzle in time (and/or if it resets your game as you switch back and forth to desktop view, after failing on mobile view because it only shows you 80% of the puzzle, which you'll only realize after it says you failed to solve it because you didn't connect the invisible pieces), you won't get the full points for the day, and you won't get another chance to play the game.

Ask me how I know.

Also, if you play on mobile, don't bother rotating your screen in mobile or desktop view. You'll have to play in desktop view (switch before clicking the pop-up), where you'll notice the pieces are a dark purple on a dark purple background instead of the colorful, easy to see pieces on mobile view. But don't try to play on mobile because it will definitely not show you all the pieces and you'll fail! Play on hard mode with grayed out pieces, in the suboptimal orientation with microscopic pieces because landscape mode won't work.

Ask me how I know.

Note that on some puzzles, you'll have leftover pieces, but there will be a pop-up when you've successfully finished. You can't have open pipes that could leak out essence. The three puzzles for today are pretty easy if you can see all of them.

It's 12/15 points, but it's the principle. Everything else has worked on mobile, and the site is supposed to be fully mobile accessible. I've already submitted a ticket but don't expect the reset I asked for.

Oh, also! The dialogue says we've collected enough void essence. But there's still void essence to collect today. And everything else.

I might try to write the walkthrough after I wake up for real, but at this point, I just want to go back to sleep since I've already been up for an hour in the middle of the night. Trying not to be too mad because I got more replacement points in an unknown glitch, and anyway, people are out here buying extra points (I don't know if they've fixed the thing where they're getting more than the cap, and at this point, I don't want to know).

Time to find something boring to do to help me calm down and go back to sleep. Body, next time, do not wake me up shortly after midnight NST to excitedly check the new step. Thanks.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 3:47 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Daily Tasks:

2) New dialogue has popped up! After you read it, it will show up as Chapter 4 Page 1
Dr. Landelbrot: At last, we have enough void essence! Wrench please!
Nyx: Please Doctor. Please save Juni.
Dr. Landelbrot: I believe we are closing in, but this void dampening process is highly complex… Wrench!
Scintilly: Bzzzt. Wrench incoming. Estimated arrival in 3 seconds.
Dr. Landelbrot: Almost there… Not quite… Confound it!
Dr. Landelbrot: Although it pains me to admit it, I may require a fresh pair of eyes to help me finish initialization.
Scintilly: Bzzzt. Technology is beyond our scope. Requesting assistance from outside operators…
3) Collect 10 void essences (Lost Desert, Neopian Plaza, Neovia)
4) (Optional) Regular Battledome challengers - if you want any of their drops; if you'd prefer plot drops, skip to step #4)
5) Battle in BV wave I and/or II
6) Help Dr. Landelbrot assemble the void dampener! (Play the Voidworks game, linked at the bottom of the Home page)
7) Daily quests and Trudy and regular dailies
8 ) Altador Cup (Unless you're Shenkuu, then take a break today)
9) Tarla is in. Remaining windows: 4:40 PM NST 9:30 PM NST - Fiery Snowball - R92 (thanks Bean and Edd!)

Eeeeesh Siniri. Definitely sounds like mobile isn't the way to go. The current theory is that we'll have one chance a day at this.

There are definitely bugs. More than one people have had it spazz on them at the end, and end up with (literally) hundreds of prizes instead of 1. Thanks to this, though, we know the whole prize pool. There are both new items and old ones (and some that definitely feel like booby prizes). There's also a new negg!! Woot! I will try to get that added to a new post in a bit. And maybe get a guide up. Will depend on how the day goes, as we have a lot going on right now.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 8:22 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Siniri wrote:
Ask me how I know.

How do you know?

FWIW, nothing loads below the text on my Neopets computer on the Landelbrot page.

ETA: Using a different computer... Maybe wait for a guide to do the puzzle. It is easy enough to connect the 2 ends, but on the 3rd (last) puzzle, I connect the 2 ends, but it does not say I did it right. Unsure what I am doing wrong.

ETA2: Figured out what I was doing wrong. Even though the two ends are connected, you cannot have any open ends anywhere. There can be zero escapes for the void essences out of the tubes. Maybe this was obvious, but I missed it the first 2 times.

+ 10 plot points

I should have done a few screen grabs. Maybe tomorrow

My simple game guide:
Connect the tubes from start to end without any open ports on the tubes within the allotted time. i.e. The system must be "sealed" form end to end.
ETA: You can have extra pieces, but the "lit up" pieces from end to end cannot have any leaks.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 10:53 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The Plot post has the official FAQ's and the potential prize pool on it. I got that done earlier this afternoon before I got swamped with other things. I don't have time to make a good guide today - maybe tomorrow? I don't know, though, tomorrow will be a little busy in the afternoon/evening. It'll depend on how things work out.

I successfully made it through using a guide someone made on Discord and got a 15 and unlocked the achievement. However...Mr. P used the same guide and only scored a 12. I strongly suspect that time is a factor - you have to do it fast and with no mistakes.

I got a New Age Computer for a prize, which apparently I didn't have already.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 11:31 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I got the exclusive hacker dress.

Quote:
Note that on some puzzles, you'll have leftover pieces, but there will be a pop-up when you've successfully finished. You can't have open pipes that could leak out essence. The three puzzles for today are pretty easy if you can see all of them.

Sorry, I meant to bold that among my paragraphs of ranting. Well, I'll get that perfect completion achievement tomorrow. And so will Blue!

I got reset on my daily quests Saturday, even though I went back and collected everything. At least I think I did. There's just way too much to do on site right now. It's like when you're on week 6 of physical therapy, and your therapist keeps adding exercises but not taking any away.

I ended up sleeping most of the day yesterday (and was in bed when I wasn't). I'm still so wiped, Im skipping a church committee meeting tonight. Something's got to give, and it's going to be something on Neopets. Just... what? Ugh.

"I wish I could quit you!"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2024 8:20 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

2) No New dialogue today
3) Collect 10 void essences (Faerie City, Virtupets Space Station Recreation Deck, Terror Mountain)
4) (Optional) Regular Battledome challengers - if you want any of their drops; if you'd prefer plot drops, skip to step #4)
6) Help Dr. Landelbrot assemble the void dampener! (Play the Voidworks game, linked at the bottom of the Home page) -- does not appear to be today, but if you did not do it yesterday...
7) Daily quests and Trudy and regular dailies
8 ) Altador Cup (Unless you're ???, then take a break today)
9) No Tarla Today

New Orion Quest

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2024 4:19 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2024 1:21 pm NST
LOL, Blue, I was in the middle of working on the post, too.

Add this to the above list:
10) Complete Orion's 4th and final quest!!

ETA:

Daily Tasks:

2) Read the new page in the chapter... Chapter 4 Page 2
Image Nanometric Transcombobulator
3) Collect 10 void essences (Meri Acres Farm, Neopia Central, Terror Mountain) - Don't forget to collect your bonus prize if you haven't missed a day!
6) Daily quests and Trudy and regular dailies
7) Altador Cup
8 ) Tarla is in. Remaining windows: 9:19am NST, 1:27 PM NST 10:32 PM NST - Red Suede Hat - R91 (thanks Bean and Edd!)

My bonus this week was a Zed Codestone.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2024 7:44 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Bonus this week: Space Station Silhouette Background

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2024 10:30 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Bonus: Shooting Star Background

So still no chance to replay the puzzle game? *Sigh*

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2024 11:55 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Siniri wrote:
So still no chance to replay the puzzle game? *Sigh*
Not for me, either. I second the *sigh*

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2024 1:22 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

From Discord today:
TNT Luna at 4:38pm NST wrote:
!! The Void Within Essence Collection & Voidworks Update !!

We are aware of a bug that started last week that prevented users from receiving their Weekly Bonus Prize item for the Void Essence Collection activity tied to The Void Within.

We have patched the bug and users should be able to claim prizes without issue going forward, however we are aware that the bug persisted through today and some users who attempted to collect their prizes this morning did not receive their items.

We will be granting the missing items to the affected users for both last week and the users affected today. You should receive the prize that was promised in the popup when you collected your reward, and it will go straight to your inventory. (So be sure to check in and keep it out of the Pant Devil's hands!)
The grants won't start until later this evening, so no need to frantically check your inventory just yet!

Items may not be granted all at once for all users, but we will post another update once we have finished granting all items so you know when it's over.

Furthermore, Voidworks is an addition to the plot that will become a daily activity once the new chapter begins. There are also plans to make the achievement available again as well.
We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your patience!
So, I did actually read the FAQ for it correctly. I wondered about that (FAQ references it being a daily after the chapter), but now they've made it clear. So...in a couple weeks, there will be the ability to play once a day. Cheers! :)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2024 4:32 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

That's wild that they were going to make that achievement have a single chance and they didn't even bother to make sure it actually worked on all platforms the site is designed to be used on. At least they're fixing it. As long as I'm not going to be penalized for not completing the achievement before the chapter ends...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next