Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:07 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:12 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I'm gonna take a guess and say Thursday.

Do you have your towel?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:32 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

On one hand the slow pace is getting a bit tedious, but on the other hand, it gives me more time to try and win a decent weapon at Neoquest II Evil, so far I've managed to win the Tooth of Terask twice in a row :x Hopefully the third time will be the charm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:34 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I think the pace is a little too slow for the difficulty of the puzzles and battles themselves. If the puzzles were a little harder, I wouldn't mind waiting a week for the next one (it would probably take me the whole week to complete it anyway :P). I'm so excited for the tough stuff, can't you tell? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:46 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Interesting mix of sci-fi TNT has put into the standard 'lost island' plot. It seems the mysterious tower is actually a crashed spaceship. Now I'm just counting the days until Sloth appears...

Set made by Moogie. Thanks for the wonderful work :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:17 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

i definently loved the line
Quote:
How great are plants now huh?

but they really need to hurry this plot up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:26 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Nothing fancy in the story. Just stuff we guessed already. I did like the George and Jane of the Jungle looks in the 8th panel of the last page though.

Bet we would have to do something to help get the pair back to camp or something.

BrunosisShale wrote:
Interesting mix of sci-fi TNT has put into the standard 'lost island' plot. It seems the mysterious tower is actually a crashed spaceship. Now I'm just counting the days until Sloth appears...

We already got hints of Grundo antennae in the last panel of comic 3. It is a good bet she/he/it will show up soon.

Continuity error: In panel 6 of page 2 of chapter 4, Lilian is missing her glasses. (Easy to note with the good shot of her face). In every other panel with her, the glasses are back. Just a fun little note :D (I think I have more fun looking for those sort of things than with the rest of the plot :P)

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:18 am 

BrunosisShale wrote:

Well it looks like it could be Sloth has been working again and released giant petpetpets on the island.Although, it could be one of his sidekicks instead.I wasn't there when the Space Faerie kicked his but.So I wouldn't know if she blew up his space ship or not.Or if he was even using a space ship that looks like that.

No longer active here...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:28 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: Since it's not a rule to put real info in here to help people, I live in Lala land
Dang, I thought I was paying attention. I thought the journal with the mention of the shiny building was written a long time ago in a dead language that they had trouble translating which would mean Sloth probably wasn't around back then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:00 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

okamotosan18 wrote:
Dang, I thought I was paying attention. I thought the journal with the mention of the shiny building was written a long time ago in a dead language that they had trouble translating which would mean Sloth probably wasn't around back then.

A journal written in an ancient language doesn't necessarily mean that the journal itself is ancient.

Perhaps the language's still used in an undiscovered world, or that the journal was written by an eccentric linguist/adventurer that likes to confuse the public by writing his journal in a dead language that only he knows?

Furthermore, time's relative in these worlds...and I wouldn't put it pass TNT to say that Dr. Sloth went through a time machine/portal or that the 'old' Dr. Sloth was actually a perfect clone of the new one...This could also be a 'side project' of his that started at the same time of the Space Faerie Plot. Who's to say that the Dr. couldn't run two plans at the same time?

Simply put it, anything's possible, no matter how unlikely they seem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:56 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

:roflol: , well done to everyone who guessed that the monsters were petpetpets! You guys are just too good! Oh, and thanks for all the help too, I usually just read through the posts and find the answer to my question before I even need to ask. Keep up the good work! :D

Neopets name: aprilon8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:32 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Somehow I've missed about the whole Dr. Sloth thing. Could someone please tell me about him?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:34 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Sloth. No, he's not a homunculi, and I'm not referring to him in the biblical sense. He possesses three hairs on his head, a Grinch styled demeanor (with matching grin), and a small doctorate from who knows where, which is why he is generally referred to as "Dr. Sloth", among other names. Basically your average all around pure evil mad scientist world conquering nut. He tried to fire some sort of laser at the planet we live on a while back that would have enslaved all the inhabitants under mutant mind control, then there was the whole desert war thing slightly more recently (if you consider "ancient" to be a term referring to something recent), and in general he likes to remind us that he exists only to lord over us with his robotic clones, the various mutant potions he's cooked up, and his self declared self proclaiming holiday of honor and destruction.

Oh, and to constantly terrorize us with the consequences of all his past actions. What comes to mind is the failed "Virtupets" experimental prototype, and of course the odd stuff we're dealing with now.

Dr. Sloth also introduced us to Grundos, who despite the fact appear in the Meridell defenders game, were supposedly not from our planet and were taken to be enslaved by Sloth from somewhere else. And then there's the Virtupets Space Station, which appears to be fully functioning save for his absence.

It is suspected that he is behind the long mysterious operation on Kreludor, even though nothing of any occurence has ever been found there, besides the soda machine of DOOM, and the lever of DOOM, both of which point in Dr. Sloth's direction. Almost literally, in the evil money snatching hand's case.

That's basically him in a Brazil nutshell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:42 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Skynetmain wrote:
We already got hints of Grundo antennae in the last panel of comic 3.

Actually, I think that might have been the overgrown mozzito mommy that has just showed up.

My gallery, Chocolate Dreams: click!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:15 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Unitylejean wrote:
Skynetmain wrote:
We already got hints of Grundo antennae in the last panel of comic 3.

Actually, I think that might have been the overgrown mozzito mommy that has just showed up.

I guess so. I just thought the antennae structure looked different than the mozzito's. Guess that is me not paying attention this time :P

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:32 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I wonder why they're removing the steps after a certain while, and if some steps are only accessible if you completed the previous ones? It's a weird plot.

Anyway, my Rourke Fan Page is set up :P

Set by Pixa <3 || WWW for previous sets || T-Shirts gallery
Support Roo Island!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next