Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 6:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:59 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

In the last plot after a certain number of fights the extra wins didn't raise your plot score. What was the number of wins to max out on an opponent. I'm at 32 wins and have limited time. Does anyone remember?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:43 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Kenjiro wrote:
Duke of Earl wrote:
I make do in part by having good weapons...

Herzogvormund:
Lvl 102 (REALLY annoying... I wanted to up his HP to 250 for cheaper...)
200 HP
200 Str
125 Def

Try going to the Deadly Dice game. If you're lucky, it'll lower your level so you get under the 100 range again. If you're unlucky, you gain extra levels for free :)

Staying up till 3 blows.

My Mootix Drop guide here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:53 am 
PPT God
PPT God

afyapardess wrote:
A few bits of advice for Battledome beginners who are trying to beat Mummy Moach. Remember my mantra: everything I ever needed to know about the Battledome, I learned from http://idb.finalhit.org/ . :D

1. Mum is very offence-minded. This means that it's possible to take her down in a few hits if you survive them yourself. It also means that you shouldn't use your own Berserk / Fierce Attack too much or you're going to end up getting pummelled. Remember - if one of you uses aggressive tactics, both of you take more damage in that round. If BOTH of you use aggressive tactics, you both take LOTS more damage. Instead, use good faerie abilities, good species abilities or Defend (but remember that if you Defend, both you and your opponent will take less damage in that round).

2. Strength and Defence are measured in levels. Lots of people are stopping at a Str or Def of 50. Don't! Train it up to 55 and you'll get the next boost. The boosts happen at 8, 13, 20, 35, 55, 85, 125... etc. The higher your strength boost, the more damage you'll do with the same weapon. A pet with a strength of 50 will do the same damage as a pet with a strength of 35. Your Defence stat is used in the same way but only when you use a defensive or dual-duty weapon - NOT when you use the Defend stance.

3. Mum does MASSES of earth damage. She also does physical and, to a much lesser extent, air, light and fire. She uses no dark or water. Know what your weapons and shields do! You need some way of defending against earth. Leaf Shield and the less powerful Ugga Marbleshield are solid earth defenders and will also take a bit of physical damage. A Downsize! will halve the damage you take in one turn per battle. A Golden Geraptiku Talisman will help a little, but won't protect you much when that Stone Snowball comes slamming your way and is no good at all against the Moach Pincer. Potions of Concealment will block all earth damage as well as throwing some damage back at Mum, but you can only use them once.

The faerie ability Burrow is great in this battle as it will block almost all earth damage for one turn as well as some of the other icons Mum uses, allowing you to throw your two toughest weapons at Mum without worrying about getting hurt. Sink is much less useful.

For healing, you might try zapping Mum with Drain Life on your first go. (The more HP she has left, the more you'll heal.) Restore, Healing Vapour and Regeneration are all recommended, and all get more effective the more hurt you are.

4. Mum does not have a strong defence. She can block a little earth and physical damage, and can lower all the damage done to both you and her by using Defend. Her Ice Mirror can reflect some of your own light damage back to you. Therefore, any weapon with a combination of water, dark, air and/or fire icons (the more the better) should serve you well. Try to avoid using light and earth weapons if you can. For ideas, see http://tinyurl.com/32zyr9. Scarab rings will get a few icons through her and every beginning to intermediate battler should really own one or two. If you have around 100k to spend, get a 9-10 iconer like an Ice Club or Cloudy Wand of Storms. (The cloudy wand will be particularly good in this battle as it also blocks a little earth.)

5. Final bit of advice: the best defence is a good offence. If your health is really low and you don't normally battle, this opponent might simply be too tough for you - but try to take her down as fast as possible and she might just be caught by surprise. An enemy this aggressive will flay you without mercy if you're too defensive. The more turns you spend trying to heal or freeze without hurting her, the more turns she'll have to pummel you. If nothing else works, close your eyes, cross your fingers and hit her for all you've got! :D

EDIT: If you need more advice after reading all through this, I'd be happy to help if I can. :)

I have lifted a little of your advice for my plot guide. I would really like to link/credit you for this. PM me with your NP username or if you are unhappy with this.

ImageImage
Thanks Rachel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 2:13 pm 

My only pet has 24 HP and not that impressive rest of the stats either. I guess i'll have to buy some really good weapons. ANy suggestions??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 2:41 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

misshardy wrote:
My only pet has 24 HP and not that impressive rest of the stats either. I guess i'll have to buy some really good weapons. ANy suggestions??

I had to give it 8 goes to beat him with 60 HP.

I would certainly recommend a Thick Smoke Bomb, as it is the only thing that made it possible for me to beat him!!! I'm not sure if you have more than two, but if you can, you may have a small chance with a great weapon.

EDIT: You cannot equip more than one, which is a shame.

I don't think I am going to be able to beat him again.

ImageImage
Thanks Rachel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:46 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: Since it's not a rule to put real info in here to help people, I live in Lala land
Did you not have a Downsize! or Burrow? I don't know about beating it with 24HP, but a pet with 60HP, and the 55 boosts, shouldn't have a problem beating it at least once. :P Plus, a Greater Healing Scroll would heal almost all damage taken while dealing more damage with a weapon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:56 pm 

I have burrow, fireball, and Heal abilities.
I have one scarab ring, caustic potion, enamel elephante shield. snowballs.
will fire faerie abilities help??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:10 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I got 19 wins and have lost twice and drawn once. I'd really like to get one more to even it to 20 wins. I'm terrible in the BD, as I usually don't know what the heck I am doing :oops: Leaf shield+Lost Desert Dagger+eyrie glare (or Scarab Stone Slingshot in lieu of LDD) is what I use, and then use Honey Potion+Leaf shield+drain life to get some hp back. Not sure if there's a better way to get some hp back during the fight? I think I have all the abilities that I can get with a level 93 pet.

Level : 93
Health : 185 / 185
Strength : AMAZING (92)
Defence : AWESOME (68)
Move : AWESOME (69)

Equipped:
Honey Potion
Leaf Shield
Downsize! (this doesn't seem to work well? not sure if I am using it correctly)
Slime Potion
Sword of Domar
Immense Rubber Axe of Doom
Lost Desert Dagger
Scarab Stone Slingshot

My pet was a lab rat for a very long time and his defense was really low, so have been training it back up and glad now that I started doing that!

Merry Christmas!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:06 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I am so glad I got that defense boost between the last challenger and this one.

bean_jean wrote:
In the last plot after a certain number of fights the extra wins didn't raise your plot score. What was the number of wins to max out on an opponent. I'm at 32 wins and have limited time. Does anyone remember?

I found a petpage with all the win limits from the HWP. There's no guarantee that we'll have any of the same win limits this time, though.

ImageImageImage
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. - Samuel Clemens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 7:08 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I had two losses. I used the suggestions from afyapardess, and was able to get two draws, but no wins. I guess I'll stop and wait for the next event.

Thank you all for the advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:31 pm 

My chomby is only lvl 10 with 9 str, 11 def, and 14 hp.

There is no way I can beat it, me thinks...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:36 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I've been lucky enough to beat the bug 15 times so far...and I could probably make it to 20 or maybe even 25 if I pushed hard enough. I'm not a dedicated battledomer, but I do have one of the better NQ-II insane prizes, bow of destiny, and a scarab slingshot that I have been using as my weapons. Also, the pet I use had been a lab rat for quite some time and managed to get some decent stats.

Agility : 107 (LEGENDARY (107))
Attack Strength : 128 (LEGENDARY (128))
Defence Strength : 20 (beyond godly)
Current hp: 363 / 363
Level : 15

So far I've managed to wipe the moach out with three or less hits.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:36 pm 

PuddingofEvil wrote:

bean_jean wrote:

I found a petpage with all the win limits from the HWP. There's no guarantee that we'll have any of the same win limits this time, though.

I would presume that the win limit would be at a max of 30, seeing as the other opponents had that as the max.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:20 pm 

ninjic wrote:
PuddingofEvil wrote:

bean_jean wrote:

I would presume that the win limit would be at a max of 30, seeing as the other opponents had that as the max.

Good, because I am having trouble beating him right now. (I did 21 wins, and then 1 draw)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 1:45 am 

Can someone tell me why it is that when I go to the BD I only have the Monstrous Moach available to fight? People keep mentioning some other one, is it gone? If not, where the heck is it?

Also, how do you check your plot score anyway?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next