Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Return of Dr Sloth [Split 6]
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:32 am 

just a hint for those on the maze with the guards ... you DO NOT have to "knock them out"

just sneak by them and head towards the door

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:46 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Phew finally finished the maze part, that last one was quite the challenge for me. After i knocked a couple out i snuck over to the door.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:37 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
I have an idiotic question that I hope someone knows:
Do we need to solve all of the part 2 puzzles to advance?

I have two where I tried every modifier set that should have given me solutions but failed to get unscrambled. I do not want to go through them again with what little time I have to work on this puzzle I have.

Thanks for any answer.

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:47 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Could someone who's got through the 2-mods help me PLEASE. I've practically made a hole in the wall from all the frustrated headbanging I'm doing.
I'm happy for someone to PM me and give me guidance without solving it - or using this as an example to solve it. I've been through the guides and I'm still horribly confused.

EDIT:

Here's what I have:

Key: CX88X8
Result CVPPVN
And here's what I'm trying with Ekliptik's suggestion
Converting to numbers:
Key: 024424
Result: 013322

Therefore:
Mod 1: 000001
Mod 2: 011101

Is that right?

And I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing.
Pleae help/hint/suggest something!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:58 am 

katdragon.....
This is the best I can explain it,I hope it helps..
Look at the last symbol in the chain of symbols of the key and then start to go thru your options (the drag and drop codes) and see which of those from the options gives you the result for the target codes last symbol. Then only keep trying those drag and drop codes until it works. You're only looking at the last symbols of all of the codes. So if the last symbol is a T in the key and you add two drag and drops and that final symbol for your result gives you the same symbol as the target's last symbol..keep using those drag and drops with those symbols at the end to try and find the one that fits..

Ex: Key:vvctvt
mod:vvvctx
mod:ccxxvt

target: cccvtx

If the last symbols t,x,t all equal x in the answer box, keep using that combo of last symbols to get what you need. Some puzzles will have multiple symbols equalling the key result. Its just brute force, but it eliminates alot of drag and drops that you dont need. like ones ending in o or c, because those dont equal x when you put them together for that puzzle. Make sure you do all the 2 mods, and then move on to the 3 mods that dont say "data incomplete". Make sure of that cos it wont let you solve it if it says "data incomplete"
Ok,I hope that helps you..pm if you still cant get it and ill try and talk you thru it:)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:01 am 

May wrote:
1. Go here
2. Press "4"
3. Press "2"
4. Cry because the next part is super hard
5. Keep trying different mails till you find one with only one Modifier box. Start here.

My god... no kidding. I somehow managed to complete the one and two Modifier boxes by mixing and matching. I'm trying to do the same for the one with three Modifiers (since I really, and I mean REALLY stink at math and there is no way in neopia that I can do linear algebra! But this method is wrist-breakingly impossible as there are just WAY too many possible combinations. Even my wrists are seemingly cracking while I am typing this.

I beg you fellow PPTers, is there an EASIER way to do this in a legit manner? I would just quit but it feels like I'm in too deep now considering how I suffered through the one and two Modifiers. If anybody is still awake at this hour, please, oh please help me. =/

**EDIT** Just my luck, nobody is awake right now. Darn it! I'm losing my mind. Somebody, please please help me. /wrist

Last edited by hopeless on Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:06 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Thanks guys
Just went to http://neopets.com/~KyootestLenny and managed to get 2 of the 2-mods done.
Now to try for one more before I go to bed!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:22 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Fuzz wrote:
This has probably been mentioned already, but should be noted in the first post: you only need to solve one of the 3 mod without the O shape in order to unlock the 3 mods with the O shape. After that, you only need to solve the 3 mod with the O shape that gives you a certain Commander Garoo message, sorry I don't remember the specific wording. Anyway, after that you can continue onto the third part. However, you won't be able to go back and finish the other ones later. Sorry if this doesn't make any sense. Hopefully someone can translate it into more sense.

Ahh, that explains it! I read in the first post that you can't do step three until you finished step two, but I had two messages left to decode in s2 and it wouldn't let me back in to do them, but I could do s3. Thanks, I was really confused! :hug:

Oh, and I used kyootestlenny's page too! It really helped me out.

Neopets name: aprilon8

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:39 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

[img=http://img29.picoodle.com/img/img29/4/2/8/t_helpm_f5cb4f7.gif]

Can someone help me with this please? :D

Oh crap! I just remembered that I left my car keys in the OTHER dimension...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:01 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

How many levels are there for part 3 in the plot? I just did level 4 and I wonder how many more levels there are. :)

Edit: Never mind, I can see her family in the fifth puzzle, so I guess that's the last one. :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:57 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I finally managed to get back on line and finish step 3. The last level was easy. I did it in 1 go. Level 4 was the hardest, I think I restated 6 times and when on my last go, I had to move back and forwards multiple times to get past the last 2 guards.

I really enjoyed that step. It was a surprise to have one so close to the other and have a chapter released.

I was really, really surprised to see Sloth in the comic!!! I wasn't expecting him until later.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:54 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Finished the last level of the rescue attempt at last. Managed to lure the last guard out one way, then went the other lol. Was good fun that.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:59 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I'm current on the 3-modifier puzzles, and the long sequences make things doubly difficult. I took statistics, not discrete math, as an option at school. From the statistician's point of view, the final message should be somewhere in the middle of the 5 remaining ones. I've tried solving the first one, and it took me quite a while. This puzzle is getting tedious. Why in the name of Sloth does TNT have to force us to do the 3-modifier puzzles?!

Valrigard the Draik
Neopets username: lord_valrigard

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:03 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

this is crazy. I've done 4 of possible combo "sets", and still haven't passed this, this is NOT fun.

Oh crap! I just remembered that I left my car keys in the OTHER dimension...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:16 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

The LDP was difficult. So is this one. The difficulty shows that maybe, just maybe, there will be good prizes... we've had fun plots such as the Tale of Woe, but none of the prizes were THAT good. The Lost Isle was a complete letdown, but this one seems interesting... story-wise, of course. It's still unreasonably difficult.

Valrigard the Draik
Neopets username: lord_valrigard

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next