Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:58 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Return of Dr. Sloth [Split 9]
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:51 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

That was a very nice tie-in, TNT! I loved Werther's little speech about isotopes. :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:52 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

At the end of the Lost Isle plot, there was a reference to the strange fruit - Werther has it in Chapter 7.

This is another strong tie-in.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:53 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Here's a bigger version of that image:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:56 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Perhaps the giant mutated petpetpets are Sloth's experiments with the Kreludium-232...he's preparing to mutate all of Neopia and needed somewhere isolated and in Neopia atmosphere to make sure he could bend the compound to do his will...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:56 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Last line of the comic. "It's time we took back the space station." Sounds like a battle :) Hope it starts soon.

Quietly contemplating life

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:58 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Kreludite looks like Kryponite...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:16 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Lee wrote:
Has the mine ever served a purpose the whole time it has been on Kreludor?

Not that I can recall. If memory serves, it showed up about the same time as the plot was originally supposed to run. I can't remember exact dates - I'll go see if I can find anything and edit it in.
Edit: It wasn't even mentioned in the news (I checked everything between when plot was announced to be coming up, and when they canceled the plot - March 29th-Aug 2nd.) This being said, it seems to have been there from the get-go. {shrugs} I'm too lazy to continue checking the old news, as it's making me too reminiscent.

Daze, GREAT catch on the fruit!
tippey wrote:
Last line of the comic. "It's time we took back the space station." Sounds like a battle :) Hope it starts soon.
That's the first thing my husband said when he read it. ;)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

Last edited by Pickles on Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:28 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Thanks for the training tips guys.
I AM going to use my acara in battle but since she's the lab pet I don't want to train her simply to lose those skills in the lab. I know, I know I could avoid the lab but that's half the fun!

Edit: At least Sloth isn't going to use the Kreludite to blow something up. That would be very James Bondish/Dr Evilish.
"I'm holding you hostage for one miiiiiiiiiiiiilion neopoints"

Last edited by Katdragon on Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:30 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Pickles wrote:
Lee wrote:
Has the mine ever served a purpose the whole time it has been on Kreludor?

Not that I can recall. If memory serves, it showed up about the same time as the plot was originally supposed to run. I can't remember exact dates - I'll go see if I can find anything and edit it in.

Minor point, but I think it was a Trick or Treat spot.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:40 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

WERTHER! <3 <3 <3 :)

I looked on Kreludor and the MIP neopeida, comic, and journal pages. I didn't see anything that resembled a plot step. Maybe it is not released yet. I'm going to play The Last Blast to pass the time, in case getting a good score in that game has anything to do with the next step. I remember in the Neovia plot, Meepit Juice Break played a role.

arogance1 wrote:

I can tell you how I solved it, if it helps at all. I looked at the right-most symbol in the key, and the right-most symbol in the target. Then I used this page to find all the combinations of modifiers that result in that target. There are usually 12 of them. Then I systematically went through and tested all the combinations of modifiers that are on the list. This doesn't take as long as it seems. You may have more than 100 ways to make XXV, for example. But testing those 100 should take less than five minutes. You might need to use pencil and paper to keep track of what you've already checked, but once you get the hang of it, it goes by pretty fast. Most combinations will be less than that. I don't know if this will help, but I thought I'd let you know.

Tymaporer wrote:
Anyone else think Step 2 is a little too "challenging"? I've been working for at least an hour trying to decode one of the three-mod letters, and chances are I'll have to try at least a few more to get the right one, if I'm lucky (more likely it'll be the very last one. I saw on that petpage that it's not necessarily one of the non-Orns.) Is it just me, or does anyone else not remember anything this hard in previous plots?

I only started doing plots since the Neovian Plot, but I hear people talking about how impossible the Lost Desert plot was. Unfortunately, I can't compare. I don't think the modifiers were that difficult once you figured out a method to solve them... it's just that they were so time consuming, especially when you're just figuring things out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:46 am 
PPT God
PPT God

wittyyankee wrote:
Could this have something to do with the Chemistry for Beginners game? Seems like there are some unstable compounds in that game?

I w was wondering that exact same thing to be honest.

Come on we need a new step!

Am looking to refer a few people to premium! Want a referal please contact me!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:54 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I love how Cylara went "you sure talk a lot" at werther, when everyone was wondering if werther could talk at all during the Lost Isle plot. :lol: That was a really long speech....

Strange speculation: I wonder if the fruit is supposed to have any strange properties? Maybe it will form part of some sort of antidote to whatever thing Sloth may be brewing up to mutate neopets?

I hope they update the next step when it offiicially becomes 20 Ferbruary NST!

Warped Logic:

If truth if knowledge, knowledge is power, and power corrupts, then are the liars in the world really the good guys?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:11 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

OMGosh - are they working on the Battledome??? I finally got the Snowbeast, and when I went to fight him, at the bottom of the screen I have the option of selecting from a list of things to say!!! (Sure, it says I can't type anything without parental permission, while I am 23 years old, but surely they will work out the glitch...)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:19 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

claricerose wrote:
OMGosh - are they working on the Battledome??? I finally got the Snowbeast, and when I went to fight him, at the bottom of the screen I have the option of selecting from a list of things to say!!! (Sure, it says I can't type anything without parental permission, while I am 23 years old, but surely they will work out the glitch...)

Hm. Mine has the same thing. I don't recall seeing it before - I used to be able to type something in if I wanted instead. (I personally like "My fuzzle fights better than you!)
Maybe they're giving it an update before a big battle? o_O

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:35 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Wow, NICE way to tie two plots together! My faith in the writers on TNT has officially been restored. :lol:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next