Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 23, 2024 3:09 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Altador Cup 4: Let the Games Begin!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:49 pm 

Yooyuball is acting very weird for me right now. Earlier this morning it was going as normal, but i just logged in again and it is on hyper speed. My players are moving so fast, but yet their players aren't, and neither is the ball. When i have the ice ball, my player moves faster then the ball moves after i shoot it. It took a game to figure out, but i am doing way better this way, but just trying to figure out if this is happening for anyone else. thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:07 pm 

That was a fairly common glitch last year. Just reset the game (go back to http://neopets.com/altador/colosseum/games.phtml) and start it up again.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:48 pm 

Siniri - I've been pretty lucky with Shootout Showdown so far, but I did get that glitch once. ^.^; You'd think that Chia could at least give you back the ball so you can shoot again. *tsk* I guess it's too intimidated by our mad skills. ^.~

Also, I do believe it helps your team when you score well in the support games, even if I have no actual evidence to back this up. XD On the other hand, it didn't seem to help the individual players with prize points last year, if I recall correctly. (Prize points, I think, were determined by number of games won or tied, not goals scored or points sent.) T.T On the other other hand, the best prize last year was a Fire Yooyu, and there was no specialty RI swag, despite the fact that we won. TT.TT (Or, I guess I should now say "they," instead. ^.^; )

iwutitan - Yes, the game can be very glitchy. ^.^; The three main glitches are hyper players (faster than the speeding Fire Yooyu I just threw!), hyper Yooyus (ohmygosh, that Snow Yooyu is really a Fire Yooyu in disguise!), and butt ball (Moonwalking the Yooyu to the net has never looked so absurd). Honestly, the last one makes me grin. ^.^ It's just so funny to see every player on the field running backwards. (And it's easier for me to see the net around the goalkeeper's tail than its occasionally really gigantic torso. ^.^; )

ETA: Or... maybe it's four main glitches. o.O (Aside from the disappearing/inaccessible Yooyu, which I - for some reason - seem to consider a minor glitch. *rolls eyes at herself* ) I think I remember that super-dawdler Yooyu appeared for some people last year. And I've just gotten it. ...I prefer it when everything goes more quickly than it should instead of more slowly. ^.^;

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:22 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Oh man I am so dumb *headdesk* I thought you got shields according to how many goals you made, not how many games you win XP Oh well, I guess I'll be a few shields behind this year... =P

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:30 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I sort of drifted off neopets completely after last year's AC, just thought today it might be that time, and maybe could play a few games for Shenkuu!

Are people less interested this year because of the disappointment of last year's prizes? I definitely won't be playing as much, but YYB is so addictive!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:17 pm 

kougraluvr12 wrote:
Oh man I am so dumb *headdesk* I thought you got shields according to how many goals you made, not how many games you win XP Oh well, I guess I'll be a few shields behind this year... =P

The goal differential between you and your opponent is factored into which team wins. So is the number of wins per player who submitted scores (so players who sign up but don't play don't affect a team).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:38 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

gingernut wrote:
Are people less interested this year because of the disappointment of last year's prizes? I definitely won't be playing as much, but YYB is so addictive!

The prizes are mostly irrelevant to me. I burned out badly on YYB getting my All-Star shield last Cup, and I'm also a lot busier with writing and other pursuits this time, so I'm not playing nearly as much.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:51 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I will be way behind this year because of a two-week vacation with the family. Oh well. Just hope KI makes it to the finals so I can play more when I get back. No big loss.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:25 pm 

Well so far i'm not seeing too many surprises in the standings. I guess Roo Island being so far back is a bit shocking, but when you back a winner *cough* LD * cough* you expect to win

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:05 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

At least Shenkuu has avoided its previous pattern of playing the first third of the tournament almost at the bottom of the rankings. Although we haven't played Darigan or LD yet. And Mirsha Grelinek is still top goal scorer!

I got to rank 2 today, no way I'm going for 20 again this year!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:17 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Well I've been popping in and out of neopets all year, but I decided to devote what little spare time I have to playing in the AC. I've been home teaching , subbing, and taking grad classes so that time is a bit sparse. :P I finally reached rank 2 though. :) Woo!

Set by Moogie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:39 pm 

Kuri wrote:
Well I've been popping in and out of neopets all year, but I decided to devote what little spare time I have to playing in the AC. I've been home teaching , subbing, and taking grad classes so that time is a bit sparse. :P I finally reached rank 2 though. :) Woo!

lol yeah me too, I actually haven't been on Neopets for 2 years now, and I come back and find this game I have never heard of... I have to say that I'm addicted to Neopets once again xD

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:07 am 

I recognize that it's kinda late, but I was referred to this page:
http://www.neopets.com/~kaileen_x333

Which lists all of the NC Challenge prizes from Shootout Showdown (so far).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:10 am 

Could someone please explain the ranks to me quickly? When does one step up to the next rank?

"He's got to be the tragic figure standing in the rain, mourning the loss of his beloved. So down comes the rain, right on cue." - Neil Gaiman.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:08 am 

From the Neodex talk on Altador II:
Quote:
For each YYB game you have won, give yourself 1 point (care, games played not goals). Give yourself 0.334 points (one third)for each drawn game.

For each SS game you have played, give yourself 0.334 (again multiply by one third) points.

For each MSN game you have played, give yourself 0.0667 points (care here, 6.667% not 66.67%)

Add them up. That is your 'points total'. One warning here - the small number of people whose scores do not match this chart have high numbers of SS games played. I increasingly believe there is a 'cut off' score, wherby below that it shows as a win on your record, but does not score for rank. If this is the case, it is to stop people playing loads of games getting very poor scores quickly.

The ranking for points then is;

Beginner - less than 49.99

Rank 1 - 50-99.99 points

Rank 2 - 100-149.99 points

Rank 3 - 150-199.99 points

Rank 4 - 200-274.99 points

Rank 5 - 275-349.99 points

Rank 6 - 350-424.99 points

Rank 7 - 425-499.99 points

Rank 8 - 500-599.99 points

Rank 9 - 600-699.99 points

Rank 10 - 700-799.99 points

Rank 11 - 800 -899.99 points

Rank 12 - 900-1024.99 points

Rank 13 - 1025-1149.99 points

Rank 14 - 1150-1274.99 points

Rank 15 - 1275-1399.99 points

Rank 16 - 1400-1549.99 points

Rank 17 - 1550-1699.99 points

Rank 18 - 1700-1849.99 points

Rank 19 - 1850-1999.99 points

Rank 20 - 2000+

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next