Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:55 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Posting this in General Plot Discussion, too, since people seem to be chatting about the current step here as well as the current step thread.

Black goop can be changed back to pink by adding red. I was able to skip black in my final solution. I don't think it is necessary at all actually.

To all those still having trouble. Make sure you know what ingredients change things red, green, and blue. From there find your first purple (red > green > blue > green = purple). One of your ingredients will be a "revert" as in will likely screw up any sequence. Mine happened to be the Bronze Sansam. It was completely unnecessary.

Example:

red > green > blue > green = purple

purple + blue = black
purple + red = black
purple + green = pink

black + red = pink
pink + red = black

pink + green = rainbow

rainbow + blue = black
rainbow + green = (wrong)
rainbow + red = swirly yellow-green

swirly yellow-green + blue = sparkly purple

sparkly purple + red = swirly silver-red

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:23 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Argh I told myself I'd try the grave marking thing this weekend because I had so many exams this week, I get here and it's done! :( Oh well...
Did the potion thing; easy if you just write down which ingredient turns it the color you need, then trial and error for the next one etc. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:31 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

metalmario wrote:
Did the potion thing; easy if you just write down which ingredient turns it the color you need, then trial and error for the next one etc. :)

That's how I did it too. No need to go about thinking about which color does which logically, it's more like just writing down/remembering the 'pattern' of ingredients you have to put in to get the right colors.

Okami Fangirl <3 Eternal Ordeal Oekaki
Neopets: zafara_fan_8000

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:07 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Exactly. My thought process made this simple trial and error. I knew I needed to find a certain pattern of colors using the ingredients. So, I wrote down the pattern:

Potion 2. The base potion is red. I need it to turn different colors in a specific order using my given ingredients.
#1 = I needed to add Bumroot to turn it from red to green.
#2 = I needed to add Bumroot again to turn it from green to blue.
#3 = I needed to add Leafy Whatever to turn it from blue to purple.
#4 = I needed to add Salt to turn it from purple to grey.
#5 = I needed to add Jurpleberry to turn it from grey to pink.
#6 = I needed to add Salt to turn it from pink to rainbow.

Basically, for each step, trial and error is needed. Get to the furthest color you can, memorizing what ingredients you used (in order), and guess on what ingredient will take you one color further. Write everything down, it really helps to remember the pattern (and eliminate the next ingredient if you KNOW it doesn't work in that spot).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:32 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

anjuna wrote:
Black goop can be changed back to pink by adding red. I was able to skip black in my final solution. I don't think it is necessary at all actually.

There is a difference between the black goop (which is the overflow, and tells you to start over,) and the black-which-is-actually-grey potion. The black goop occurs when you've added the maximum 6 ingredients for the first step, 8 for stage 2 and 10 for stage 3. The grey potion is the correct step to get after the purple one, and will be followed by pink or higher.

Also, you can skip steps, not all steps are necessary. You can skip pink, or grey, or any other step possible (I skipped green and grey in my final sequence) as long as you get to a color further along that is correct.

Quote:
To all those still having trouble. Make sure you know what ingredients change things red, green, and blue. From there find your first purple (red > green > blue > green = purple). One of your ingredients will be a "revert" as in will likely screw up any sequence. Mine happened to be the Bronze Sansam. It was completely unnecessary.

I don't know about yours, anjuna, but mine didn't occur that way. When I added the "green" ingredient to rainbow it continued on to the green swirly, and again to the sparkly purple. An ingredient might not always revert your potion, either, I think. For me, when I added bumroot to blue, it stayed the same, when added to purple or grey reverted it to red, but when added to sparkly purple it got me to the silver/red mixture.

I'm not too clear on it, but that's what I hypothesize. I myself used the method Moonlight Flower and Matrinka used; remember what gets me to a color, then trial and error until I find a correct one, then move on to more guessing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I remember right from previous splits and the potion-making thread, the final combination of ingredients does not matter. Different ingredients can get you to the same color, what's important is that you get the the color you're looking for.

niel/dark_draconis88 on Neo/GPX+

Devourer of Oranges

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:07 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

So neovia is coming to life in 3 days right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:03 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

paranoiapenguin wrote:
So neovia is coming to life in 3 days right?

2 days now. this should be interesting :D

Losers are those who do not try

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:40 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I can't wait for the next part of the story... we don't even really know whether the potion has worked or not yet!!!

I'm looking forward to the Halloween stuff Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:56 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Ah...good point...so psyched...do you think it will come to life at midnight on Halloween? That would be sweeeeeeet :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:22 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

pinkflamingonewsgirl wrote:
Ah...good point...so psyched...do you think it will come to life at midnight on Halloween? That would be sweeeeeeet :D

Haha, in that case I'm thinking Neovia wont even be able to go to because of server overload :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:35 pm 

I hope it doesn't start up again at midnight on halloween....that's like, three a.m. for me, and I've got school the next day. I'm definately not going to be able to be on!

I hope they get the next part up soon...this whole waiting around part is getting boring... :cry: [/i]

i felt left out because i didn't have a sig. so here it is!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:10 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I can't wait to see what they do on Halloween, but like 'crazy_ducky' said, I don't want it to start at midnight, as I will most defiantly not be up then. Hopefully they do something along the lines of a task where one doesn't have to be on from the time it starts to the time it ends, like the grave digging or anything like that.

This seems like a rather ... short plot, doesn't it? o_O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:28 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

draconis wrote:
anjuna wrote:

There is a difference between the black goop (which is the overflow, and tells you to start over,) and the black-which-is-actually-grey potion.

Also, you can skip steps, not all steps are necessary. You can skip pink, or grey, or any other step possible (I skipped green and grey in my final sequence) as long as you get to a color further along that is correct.

Quote:

I don't know about yours, anjuna, but mine didn't occur that way. When I added the "green" ingredient to rainbow it continued on to the green swirly, and again to the sparkly purple. An ingredient might not always revert your potion, either, I think.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I remember right from previous splits and the potion-making thread, the final combination of ingredients does not matter. Different ingredients can get you to the same color, what's important is that you get the the color you're looking for.

Yes, the black potion I referred to in my earlier post is the one in the sequence, not at the end of mixing the incorrect ingredients, obviously. If it is grey to you, fine. It still looks pretty black to me, although maybe not as black as the final goop looks from mixing the wrong ingredients.

If you read carefully through my post, notice I was referring to the first purple. I noticed that when I went from the starting red then clicked ingredients that would have made 'green' > 'blue' > 'green' next, that instead this particular sequence changed my cauldron to the (first) purple.

I know that some stages can be skipped. I also posted that, too. I didn't need to make black. (I DID need to make green at the beginning, I could not skip ahead to blue like some others mentioned.) But if I accidentally made black I knew I could change it to pink by adding my 'red' ingredient. And yes, the final combination of ingredients does not matter. Only the color progression. It might be true that my 'revert' ingredient would not ALWAYS have reverted my potion, but once was enough for me. ;) I certainly wasn't going to take more chances at guessing when I already knew that 3 of my ingredients made a predictable red, green, or blue. And the other 2 were either unnecessary and/or too unreliable.

Sorry if my earlier post confused anyone. I am pretty sure once one figures out what makes red, green, and blue it is easy breezy from there. This step may have been easier for some than others, but I definitely needed to jot down on paper what additions made what color changes for the last stage of the potion making. But there definitely is a color logic. :)

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:08 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Thanks so much for that chart anjuna! It helped alot with my potion mixing ^_^

I'd say something witty if I could. But we can't always be so smooth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:26 pm 

Hey i have a question is there like some seasonal giveout during halloween... I thought i remembered reading something about goodie bags being given out/

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next