Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:22 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Altador Cup III (2008) - Split 2
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:44 am 

Pickles wrote:
Serpens Albus wrote:
Hey, can someone explain the levels to me? I know how to gain levels (I'm on lvl. 5), but what will they affect? Do they affect the prize we get for the Altador Cup? How did it work in previous years?

Levels/Shields, etc
The points per game are wrong in the post for SS and MSN. It's now 2 games of SS = 1 point, and 12 games of MSN = 1 point, but everything else is accurate. (though I think May's going to fix that for me :) )

The levels/points are directly related to your prize points. There's some ratio included, but Not sure what it is. :)

And woo! My first 15-0!!! :D

Okay, cheers for the link. Unfortunately SS and MSN bore me to death, so I'll only play those to get a point for each since I've played them a few times now.

Congrats on the 15-0. I just got one of those myself. Could have been 16-0 if I hadn't missed a shot...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:56 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I've had backwards players twice, and ultra fast players once, but extra slow ball seems to plague me. It makes scoring with the Snow Yooyu virtually impossible using my normal shooting angle.

I'm still cranking out 25 games per day. No idea how I'll get to the top rank. Maybe sit down one day with Slushie Slinger and score 5 points > Submit Score > New Game > Score 5 points > Submit Score > New Game > Repeat Ad infinatum.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:12 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

kcharles, you will improve more and more you play, though i am not sure whether you would want to do it eventually. Last year was my first cup - I chose Shenkuu, and during first few days, I used to not get any reasonable scores at all. But gradually I started getting better. On week 4, I got my first 9-0, and in the final, I finally managed to score more than 9.
This year I started early, I even practiced 100-125 games.That made me better, but even now when I start a session, I do not score more than 7 or 8. But once I get the hang of it, I can score more. So, switching between YYB and side games during a session generally does not help. Also try to remember how you scored the last goal with tha ttype of yooyu - if you repeat that next time, generally it works (except for mutant yooyus).

Everyone, 16-0 glitch is still there BTW(stupid me, should have kept an eye on the score) and the old ones have not been awarded to me yet. And it was not a lost score, because I played another game after that in the same session, scored less than 16, and the score got accepted.

And I had a crawling goalkeeper once, made scoring with snow ball virtually impossible. I think it was timed or maybe programmed wickedly, I closed the window and reopened another session, but it did not go. :evil: TNT. But now I find it very amusing.

Last edited by sid_basu4243 on Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:13 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

kcharles wrote:
And I decked out my main pet for the cup-she has a medel on and a crown and the suport bg.

http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=snuffin

That's her page, if you want to check her out.

Aww, she's cute. ^^ I couldn't resist dressing the Wakster up for the Cup; he is the pirate and I'm playing for Krawk Island this year, after all. :P

http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml? ... oStarr1962

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:47 am 

dam it i cant send anymore SS. i did the 5 score then exit send thing but now after i send it and refresh my stats page my sent scores doesnt change from 517. hopefully i just reached a daily max or somthing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:02 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Woohoo! Shenkuu won something! MSN against Mystery Island. No thanks to me, since I've only played 8 games of MSN, and none of them yesterday.

Also we have drawn two rounds of YYB, so at least we're not being completely thrashed (thank goodness for Faerieland :D)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:38 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Yay for Shenkuu- a small win, but a win nonetheless. Hope it keeps up.

Tyrannia's right forward (scorchio) has a (relatively) small AI field- I can run between him and the center forward for the goal and not trigger him at all. Shaves a few seconds' running off the clock. Incidentally, I'm currently playing 1+3 to boost Grelinek's standings on the top scorers page.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:55 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I always play 1+3, so of the 2748 goals I have scored, Grelinek was responsible for 2341 of them!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:11 pm 

2+2 is the easiest to score on because you can just plow straight through the middle. I guess TNT didn't think that out so well. 3+1 gives me more defensive troubles and that's supposed to be the "offensive" alignment.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:15 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Hmmmm... We have the 4th best scorer per possession in the league, and we've yet to win a single YYB matchup. I think Mirsha Grenlek should go free agent or something. Sheeesh. I'd defect to another team in a heartbeat if I was her. :lol:

A wise man once said: "Go Shenkuu!!!"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:27 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I noticed that! It's weird really, because most of the other top scorers come from teams that are doing well in YYB.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:29 pm 

How long is this tournament? I'm only on level 7 because I've been falling behind, but if this thing is a month long... Well, isn't that a little easy to get well over 2000 points?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:53 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Serpens Albus wrote:
How long is this tournament? I'm only on level 7 because I've been falling behind, but if this thing is a month long... Well, isn't that a little easy to get well over 2000 points?

Tournament will be a total of 34 days. :) Plenty of time to get to 2000 points if you're already at level 7. It's about 60 points a day to get there, so don't feel too rushed - you're actually a hair ahead of schedule. :)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:12 pm 

ya there is deffanitly a cap on SS. cant send anything agan at 818. cap is 301 wins a day so heads up. and ya 2000 poins is crazy easy i am more then half way there with 512 wins of YYB 818 of SS and 764 of MSN. i am going to try for 6000 points i think, i got a graet stratagy. just score 1 goal of YYB then take the ball and keep running into a wall so no one can get it the minimize is then send minnamum amout of points for SS and MSN. been doing it for 2 days now and it is swett.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:22 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

mmmnnn1316 wrote:
ya there is deffanitly a cap on SS. cant send anything agan at 818. cap is 301 wins a day so heads up. and ya 2000 poins is crazy easy i am more then half way there with 512 wins of YYB 818 of SS and 764 of MSN. i am going to try for 6000 points i think, i got a graet stratagy. just score 1 goal of YYB then take the ball and keep running into a wall so no one can get it the minimize is then send minnamum amout of points for SS and MSN. been doing it for 2 days now and it is swett.

I'm really surprised that TNT is accepting the "minimum" scores on SS and MSN as actually being registered for points. Last year, the stopped doing so pretty early, so that while it showed up as an accepted score, but you got no actual points for it. I wouldn't be too surprised if they implemented a similar system again this year for those two games.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next