Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Void Within
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:54 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Blue, that's so weird. I maxed out on battles today but was still only getting 705 NP per battle, so it took forever. I obviously selected extreme, but maybe it didn't actually take for some reason? 71 waves takes way too long with the lag to play every day. Especially when you can get the same NP in ten waves!

Apparently I misunderstood JN's guide, and the 80 is the max for today. So I am indeed 20 PP behind because I couldn't get on when TNT arbitrarily decided to start it. But I would have been 3 hours behind had they started at midnight, so... 6 hours isn't so different.

We'll see how long I continue to hit it right at the six hour mark. At least it coordinates with my pet's training ( endurance, which I should have started months ago).

I don't know if you'll be able to visit every six hours, but at least it's pretty easy to do on your phone and only takes a few seconds.

Edit: new day, new stuff to do (don't forget to sign up for the obelisk today, too)

Brightvale X3
Geraptiku X4
Ice Caves X3
And got a Turned Tooth for my weekly 80% reward

I figured out what happened in the BD. I keep getting an error that I'm already in a battle, then I accidentally click "go to BD" instead of continue, and then hit the back button to fix that. But that had been resetting me to beating them on easy mode. When it happened today, I went back to the beginning, selected extreme, and properly hit continue, and the enemies' HP were higher. Sure enough, got 5k NP/battle. What a silly thing to forget what people selected, and I am not in a battle, so I really wish I'd stop getting that error. At least now I know what was happening and can fix it! Phew!

Note: you get the same PP/battle either way.

Today I discovered that there's a link to the plot hub randomly floating on the Altador map, if you ever need to navigate to it.

Today's tasks:
Find 10 void essences
Collect your void essences reward (plot home page)
Read the new chapter and collect prize
Daily battles (you have a choice to fight in BV I or II, with more waves)
Hospital volunteering (there are now two shifts, so you can send two pets!)

I have alarms set for my other 3 volunteer shifts (offset by an hour and a half because of course I didn't notice the second shift on mobile; I figured it out after using JN's checklist).

I feel like it's already a lot every day. Hopefully there will be a break between acts with no tasks during the AC and faerie festival.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 5:28 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
That makes sense about the Battling points. I have been seeing the same "you're in a battle' issue as well.

Void Collection reward: Deluxe Set of Colouring Pencils :roll:

The new battledome item is 3x voidling and 2x void prowler. Better NP
Voidberry Pudding
Main Codestone
Battle Faerie Dagger
Twisted Dark Dagger
Void Snowball
Ridiculously Heavy Battle Hammer
Eo Codestone
A Voider
Darigan Muffin
Voidberry Brucicle
8443 Neopoints

I will likely post another tally later

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:20 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Chapter 2 Part 2

The 2nd page chapter 2 is up.
Click on the "Collect Prize." This will ONLY show up after you have moused over/clicked on every single panel of the fourth page of the comic.
Your dedication is admirable. Here is a gift for your efforts!
Voidling Bobblehead
This item has been added to your inventory.
The NP cap for battling is definitely 50k. This is a permanent change, so the 1.5k previous cap is gone permanently. TNT has confirmed this, as well as the fact that we can get an extra 15 items per day for the duration of the plot. (I guess we'll see if battling ever stops if that applies to our regular battlers, but I doubt it does as I can only get 15 off my regular challengers.) The items/nps/plot points are actually awarded after each battle (not each wave - the final battle per wave just shows what you've won) but you'll see your NP total go up in between battles and items appear in your inventory as well. The current prize pool is the Neopia Central standard prize pool, + the special enemy drops (the void items). The nerkmids, etc, that show up are part of the bugged stupidly low chance items that have ALWAYS been in the pool but are impossible to obtain due to the bug in the code. The only difference between levels seems to be the number of NPs it doles out.
Special enemy drops:
A Voider currently the only plot exclusive item
Amulet of Darkness
Cursed Elixir
Dark Scroll
Darkberry Cheese
Darkness Potion
Twisted Dark Dagger
Void Snowball
Voidberry Brucicle
Voidberry Potion
Voidberry Pudding
Voidberry Slushie
I doubt that maxing out on total possible points will happen for most people, as every 6 hours requires losing sleep for the majority of the world. I also don't think, based on how many points we're earning right now, that getting to the 60k point is going to be a major issue. I am not stressing on this. I know Mr P already lost 50 points missing essences the day our roof started leaking and got into the fire alarm system, and all of my kiddos have done at most 2 shifts per day for the hospital. I'm at least one shift short, as well. Also, with the sheer number of daily tasks at this point, I can't imagine missing a few being a major issue.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 8:22 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

As threatened, here's my table for the "Battle for Brightvale II" battles. Seems like I should have received 200 plot point, but only received 150. Meh. After completing the table below, I did battle once on the lower level "Battle for Brightvale I" and received nothing whatsoever. Confirms a max plot and NP for the day. But, I did get 30 drop items yesterday and today, so maybe the 15 item max limit starts tomorrow?

BattleNeoPointsPlot PointsItems Dropped
48,443--
48,443--
67,785--
7---
Total50,00015030

I will do what I can for the volunteering, but I will likely get 2 per day in, possibly 3 at most with 2 pets.

I am currently at 1,383 plot points. Is now the time to buy "one of each" item, starting at cheapest and working my way up to 15 unique items? Or should I wait?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:15 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I'm waiting because we have until the end of the act to get that achievement, and I'm hoping to spend my points on things I would actually want to buy instead of throwing them away, and then ending the whole thing 7 points shy of getting a book or stamp or something.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:13 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Good point. I will also wait

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:34 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I bought some of the things I was definitely going to buy anyway-- the lower-level books and the first stamp. We'll see what I accumulate after that.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2024 1:11 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:41 pm

To clarify, item drops work like this:
15 off regular challengers + 15 off plot challengers
OR
30 off plot challengers.
It's just, if you want to battle someone else for your "normal" 15, you need to do those first. Ex: Fight Koi Warrior for your first 15 items, then fight the Void waves for 16-30.
If you're not picky, fight the Void waves for all 30. If you fight anyone besides the Void waves, you will see the "you've maxed out your plot points" message...because you can earn 0 off them anyways.

The 15 unique items deed will only grant 10 points. I believe TNT Dingo said it was not time sensitive, but I don't know if I would count on that. Probably best to be safe and do so before the first Act ends, but we've got LOTS of time on that still.

ETA:
Today's tasks:
Collect your 10 void essences! Today's locations: Roo Island, Maraqua, Neopian Marketplace
Get in your battling!
Start a few hospital shifts. Upon completing your 13th shift (although it really ought to be 12 based on the text?), this happens:
Your Neopets have put in a total of 72 hours volunteering at the Neohospital! For all their hard work please accept this special reward!
Something Has Happened!
ImageYou are now eligible to use 'Devoted Caretaker' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2024 11:43 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Minor gripe: Why is it so many clicks to start a hospital shift?

1) Click to complete prior round.
2) Click to close prize pop-up.
3) Click to volunteer again.
4) Click to confirm.
5) Select a pet.
6) Click to confirm pet selection.
7) Click to close pop-up.

Also, why is the "yes" button on the bottom? And vaguely worded?

Edit: 7/12 new day, new chapter

Today's tasks:

1) Finish hospital volunteering and click as above to start new one x2 (can be done every six hours).
2) Collect 10 void essences (HW, Lutari, and Moltara Caves) (if you haven't missed a day, you'll get the Time Is Of The Essence 2/3 achievement and PP awarded automatically)
3) Read the new chapter 2 page 3 and collect the very cute prize
Juni in Backpack

4) Battle obelisk challengers (if you want any of their drops; if you'd prefer plot drops, swap this step with #5)
5) Battle in BV wave I and/or II (despite the new page, there are no additional BD challengers... yet, and no indication there will be one later today)
6) Visit Tarla (she's in today, but I don't know the times)
7) Daily quests and Trudy and regular dailies

Interesting note: Ten more days were added to reach the final void essence collection achievement. Even assuming an extra week was built in by TNT for those who missed a few days, this means Act I is likely to end before the AC starts, as I conjectured. Phew!

Hopefully this is fancy enough it works for linking so Pickles doesn't have to do it today. Let me know if I need to add/change anything.

Last edited by Siniri on Fri Jul 12, 2024 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2024 3:45 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

LOL fancy enough, Siniri. About the only thing I was adding was the Chapter 2 Page 3 bit. I linked Chapter 2 Page 2 to your post the other day (trying to link to the first post for each new page that has the info needed for that day).

I've been keeping a tally of my volunteer shift prizes, and I'm down to missing only 5 items....of course one of which is the LEV. Two of my kiddos have gotten one now...and they're definitely plummeting in value now, as they're buyable on the shop wiz. I told my family that it would happen by the end of the week....and I was right. Sigh.

ETA: It feels like the list of things to do daily is getting SO LONG. I have quit doing something I had been doing regularly, because things are getting to be too much.

I don't think Act 1 will be ending anytime soon. There are at least 21 chapters...I expect that it will probably be roughly divided into 3. And at 3 weeks per chapter, we can probably expect each Act to last 21 weeks. Plus, there is an achievement to participate in a seasonal event, and AC would make the most sense for that, unless Faerie Festival ends up happening during this Act as well.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

Last edited by Pickles on Fri Jul 12, 2024 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2024 5:23 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Thanks, Pickles! I edited it to share the chapter and page number. Or am I supposed to edit the actual dialogue in, too? Not sure I'll have time for that until later...

Looking at the volunteer prizes, here's what I still haven't gotten:
Bullseye potion (Blue! You can use these to gain strength! It should average ~1.5-2 strength/potion, though you can gain or lose as much as 3. And they're down to around 30k right now, which is pretty cheap per stat increase.)
Doctor (collectable card)
Doctor plushie
Faerie healing dust (if it's worth it)
Golden Sun chalice (guess this isn't an Altador Council prize anymore... I swear I had a dozen of these in my old main, and from my memory, they're pretty useless)
LEV
Neopian hospital stamp
Peppermint stomach medicine (that's okay, I'm allergic)

So I haven't gotten 83 of them. I've been getting several of the wearables and am slowly decking out my pets: warrior, healer, and patient! Hopefully I can get the stamp and LEV soon (and healing dust if it's good).

Editing note: striking through prizes as I get them

Last edited by Siniri on Tue Jul 16, 2024 1:56 pm, edited 7 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2024 5:23 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

LOL I was editing my post at the same time you posted. Read back up for my commentary on Act 1.

I've only been putting the dialogue in if it was not a comic.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2024 6:14 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Maybe they'll integrate AC challenges into the plot and take a pause from collecting essences, hospital volunteering, and especially battling... But probably not!

I'd added a couple extra dailies but may need to drop them. It really is getting to be too much. That's why I threw in obelisk, Trudy, and daily quests into the task list. You don't want to get reset on those two unintentionally, and it's nice to remember to battle at least once and hope to get more NP -- because we're not getting nearly enough from all the dailies.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2024 12:48 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I doubt that the essences will stop, but maybe the battling/hospital stuff will.

Yoinking Siniri's checklist and updating it for today...

Today's tasks:

1) Finish hospital volunteering and click as above to start new one x2 (can be done every six hours).
2) Collect 10 void essences (Maraqua, Maraquan Ruins, and Ice Caves)
3) Battle obelisk challengers (if you want any of their drops; if you'd prefer plot drops, swap this step with #4)
4) Battle in BV wave I and/or II (despite the new page, there are no additional BD challengers... yet, and no indication there will be one later today)
5) Visit Tarla (Main is: Flaming Dagger Of Fire - R92)
6) Daily quests and Trudy and regular dailies

I'm down to only 4 items that I haven't gotten from the hospital...and LEV is still one of them.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2024 3:06 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Messed up remembering what I'd already bought and bought a second Nabile stamp. Not that I think having an extra Nabile stamp at the end of the plot is going to be bad-- it's a consumable; it'll hold value-- but it's 400 plot points that I wanted to spend on more expensive books.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next