Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 14, 2024 10:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Void Within Discussion [Split 1]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2024 8:17 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Kiko Lake turned grey today...

The new battledome with only 3 waves is nice. The big sea snake Void Wyrm is 190 on hard. Looks like on hard the NP payout for the wave is 4214 (hard) and 30 plots points instead of 8443 NP and 50 plot points on Act 1, Level II , which means we need to battle 2x more waves to max out points vs. level II on Act I. Not sure on total drops per wave.

If you forget to collect the community void collection bonus before collecting your own weekly void collection bonus, not to worry. You'll get both of them together. (Don't ask how I know :roll:)

Weekly Bonus: Magical Platinum Nerkmid + 20 Plot Points
Community Bonus: Void Coin + 100 Plot Points

New community goal: 50 million.

Today's Dialog (Confirms Kiko Lake turned grey today)
Quote:
Dr. Landelbrot completes his work on a new void dampener for Juni and an updated version for Nyx. The Library Faerie uncovers a dusty tome that may hold some answers while word travels that more lands are being targeted.
Baelia: Nyx!
Tavi: Juni!
Luxinia: Glad to see you are both well!
Queen Fyora: We have no time for pleasantries. Kiko Lake and all its inhabitants have been attacked. Its colour drained…
King Altador: It is as we feared… Clearly, this threat looms over more than just a handful of lands. No, this is an act of war on all of Neopia.
Queen Fyora: Based on their trajectory, we believe they are heading towards Neopia Central.
Nyx: Neopia Central!
Juni: Yip?
Queen Fyora: Many of the Defenders of Neopia are now grey, and the rest are battling the shades in Meridel and Brightvale. Baelia, we need your help, you may be the only one who can stop this grey.
Baelia: I… I…
Tavi: Don’t worry B, I’ll be right beside you!
Luxinia: And she will have my support, my queen.
Queen Fyora: Nyx, Juni? What of you?
Nyx: I’m here to find my brother. Whatever it takes.
Juni: Yip!
Queen Fyora: I see… And where did you last see him?
Nyx: We had a small hovel in Neopia Central, across the way from Uni’s clothing. His name is Ozzy. He’s small, shy, and always scared. Adorable actually… I have to get back to him as soon as possible. He hasn’t heard from me in weeks… He must be worried sick.
Queen Fyora: We will find him, but for now, we must concentrate on the safety of Neopia. Your experience with the void could prove invaluable. Help us defend the people of Neopia Central first, including your brother, and you have my word that we will help you find him once the dust settles.
Nyx: ….Deal.
Tavi: Guess that makes us a team, eh?
Juni: Yip yip!
Queen Fyora: Excellent. Our Walein friend here will take you to Neopia Central. Due to an accident at the lab ray, he’s grown enormous. Not what we were intending, but useful nonetheless. Please, leave at once.
Walein: OoooOoOoOooooOoooOooo
Tavi: Somehow, enormous still seems like an understatement!
Luxinia: Walein! So wonderful to see you again.
Baelia: And he’s, um… safe to ride?
Luxinia: You’ve nothing to fear! Despite his size, Walein here is a huge softie.
Nyx: Let’s get moving. If Neopia Central is next, we need to get there as soon as we can.
Take heed Neopians, the Clash Over Kiko Lake has begun. Join fellow reservists on the front lines, or donate your time at the Neopian Hospital volunteer effort!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2024 1:18 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Thanks for the warning on the NP, Blue! I thought I hadn't gotten enough NP. Each opponent is worth 10 plot points, and they're technically rewarded after each wave. So a wave of 3 is only going to be 30, but it is less clicking.

I also managed to get the Fight Fire with Fire achievement in Act II, which is defeat a shade with dark damage. Not sure if that was from battling KL I or BV II (I went back to grab the rest of my NP with that one). JN doesn't have it listed as an available task yet. It was worth 10 plot points.

JN says there's a cap of 200 on volunteering. That means you can get 180/200 in 3 visits now. I got 40x2 and 60x2 today, which is exactly 200, so I can't confirm the cap either way. I get 4 visits most days thanks to being a short cycle sleeper, so hopefully I can confirm tomorrow. I wonder if they'll raise the cap as they add more slots. With 8 slots, you could get 160/200 going once a day.

Edit: no new chapter today. I noticed that the battle updates were dated 7/8, 7/10, and now 8/28. So we might get more waves/shifts opening up tomorrow.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2024 9:52 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Thankfully, nothing to read today... lol. I know, it's just a few minutes, but today is crazy busy.

Void locations today:
Maraqua (3)
Qasala (4)
Happy Valley (3)

Looks like I had already received the Fight Fire with Fire achievement without noticing. I had added a dark weapon in Act I, so there you go ;)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2024 7:59 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I can now confirm that JN is correct that the max points per day for volunteering is 200. Which still necessitates a fourth shift for at least one pet to max, but once they add another shift, you should be able to get it done in three (with room to spare). You do still get an item for each shift, though! Still waiting for the new strength item for Blue.

I'll try to make a proper post for today. There's a new page in the chapter.

I just adopted a sixth pet for whenever shifts open up. Right now, it's a green Lenny, but the name actually goes better with a different color. (She's also sick, poor thing.) Debating between pink, pastel, origami, faerie, or mutant to match the name (okay, that last one would be an ironic match, and the faerie is more because that's the best looking Lenny)... But of course the closest I have to any of those is red. I could also switch to pink Koi or yellow cybunny, too.

Side note: I've been battling the new challengers for drops and then BV II to finish off my NP rewards, and I've been getting more red codestones with the new challengers. I used to get maybe 1 or 2, or even none ~1/3 of the time. I've been getting several each day with the new challengers, and 7 today! Probably just random chance, but I'm going to keep getting drops with the new challengers while it lasts.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:42 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Pink makes sense ;) I picked up a faerie mynci transmog potion today in the QL if you want it for your new adopt-a-pet.

Prize for the comic page:
Oversized Walein

Void Locations:
Altador
Deserted Fairgrounds
Happy Valley

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2024 2:00 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Currently, beating any Void opponent awards 10 points, regardless of difficulty. Waves are worth more total based on how many opponents you fight.

JellyNeo reports that both the first sets of challengers and the new ones have new prize pools they're drawing from. Originally, the first sets were drawing from the Neopia Central prize pool with the few extras added in, but now it's been set to a different pool. The new wave ones have their own pool, as well. That being said, you may get more codestones off the first round ones now. Codestone prices have plummeted over the last few days, across the board. I'm not complaining, for sure.

I've updated the info post with the last few chapter prizes, links, and the second addition to the prize shop. I hope I got it all right, because I'm exhausted...but this is the only time in the next few days that I knew I'd have any free time to do so.

Also...they brought in the trippy Walein. :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: I don't know if anyone did a youtube video of it or not while Faerie's Hope was active...but if they did, it's worth a watch if you didn't play the game.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2024 3:46 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Today there's a new chapter, and the void essence locations tie in nicely with the chapter (Faerieland, Faerie City, and the Neopian Bazaar). The walein has appeared on the Faerie City map, which is a nice touch. No battle updates or new volunteer shifts, so those are as usual.

I've been battling to get half my prizes from the Act II pool and the other half from BV II. Are the pools for BV I and II the same?

And what are the new prize shop prizes? I haven't spent any more points, but I made a spreadsheet to keep track of what I've already gotten. I'll check JN to see if they made a specific amount so I don't have to go through the whole t
list to figure out what I'm missing. Or read P's update now that I have time. Thanks again for all you're doing, Pickles! I know you're super busy.

Also Tarla is actually in today.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2024 12:30 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The Walein has been on the Faerie City map since the Faerie Shards event.

Item for today is:
Image Oversized Walein Plushie

It drives me crazy to not be able to see what was added for each update, hence why I have them separate in the info post. I know JN has the dates listed under each item as to when they were added, but I like to see the whole batch of them together. If they add anything else, I'll put those in separate groups as well.

Tarla was in yesterday, but isn't today. Maybe tomorrow?

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2024 12:24 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Here I was thinking we didn't need these detailed lists anymore, and then I went to deposit my leftover NP and saw that I could collect interest.

"Did it get reset?" I wondered.

Checked the negg cave.

Nope, I had done quest log, plot, and confirmed there's no Tarla, and thought I'd finished my Neo dailies really quickly today. Because I hadn't done my dailies! :lol:

So obviously I need this, even if it's a bit of a pain to update.

Daily Tasks:

1) Finish hospital volunteering and click to start new one x3 (can be done every six hours).
2) Read the new page in the chapter: Chapter 4 Page 10
Nyxs Abandoned Home Background
3) Collect 10 void essences (Darigan Citadel, Ice caves, Warf Wharf)
4) (Optional) Regular battledome challengers - (If you want any of their drops; if you'd prefer plot drops, skip to step #5)
5) Battle in BV wave I and/or II and/or KL
6) Daily quests and Trudy and regular dailies
7) Tarla is out (so don't click the link. Remaining windows: none, no prize (thanks Bean and Edd!)
8. Sign up for the obelisk skirmish by end of day Wednesday 9/4!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2024 6:59 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Thank you! It was 10 til midnight and I realized I hadn't battled the voiders today. I also completely messed up my volunteering today. Only 2 shifts today ugh.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2024 12:39 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I hope you were able to get all your battles in, Blue!

Daily Tasks:

1) Finish hospital volunteering and click to start new one x3 (can be done every six hours).
2) Collect 10 void essences (Krawk Island, Kreludor, Tyrannia)
3) Collect your void essence weekly bonus!
4) (Optional) Regular battledome challengers - (If you want any of their drops; if you'd prefer plot drops, skip to step #5)
5) Battle in BV wave I and/or II and/or KL
7) Tarla is out (so don't click the link. Remaining windows: none, no prize (thanks Bean and Edd!)
8. Sign up for the obelisk skirmish by end of day Wednesday 9/4!

Black Petpet Paint Brush for me for my weekly bonus.

Edit: and I completed the list! Now I only need to come back for my scheduled hospital shifts and training. Only 175 more HP to go before I'll bump into 3-red territory (and can do all quests again).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2024 9:26 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for the to-do post. Its incredibly helpful!

Weekly Bonus: Normal Platinum Nerkmid (and 20 plot points)

Any ideas when we will be able to retry Landelbrot's Voidworks thing? The launch of this was poor, and a one-time shot at it when buggy seems rather... awful.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2024 9:38 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

They said after the chapter is over, so I'm assuming soon. (Other chapters were 10-14 pages, and this one's already at 10, and a good cliffhanger spot. I suspect we'll be expanding the battlefield into Neopia Central soon.)

Or they could have misspoken and meant during the next act, which would be a ways off and annoying. I'm going to wait for new steps from now on and not try to figure them out on my own... Which is the exact opposite of what plots are supposed to be. We're supposed to want to figure it out on our own and be rewarded the same for that, rather than only getting full points if we wait for a guide. *Sigh*

We're also not supposed to be able to buy plot points with real money, either, and we're supposed to have to work for rare items. And plots were supposed to be fun puzzles and not pointless daily point-and-clicks. The shark was jumped long ago.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 3:23 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Daily Tasks Thursday 9/5:

2) Read chapter 4 page 11.
Tavis Rope

Which one is Tavi?

3) Collect 10 void essences (Meridell, Mystery Island, Roo Island) and Collect your void essence weekly bonus if you haven't already!
4) (Optional) Obelisk/Regular battledome challengers - (If you want any of their drops; if you'd prefer plot drops, swap with step #5)
5) Battle in BV wave I and/or BV II and/or KL
7) Tarla is in today! Remaining windows: 4:31 and 10:10 pm NST (drops as this is posting until 9:26am NST), Iced Ceiling Fan (R92) (thanks Bean and Edd!)

Sorry for the double post; it's way easier to quote a prior post and edit on my phone.

Edit:

Daily Tasks Friday 9/6:
(Please use the list above, except for the following changes):
2) Read chapter 4 page 12.
Void Umbrella

Am I the only one a little confused about what happened in yesterday's and today's comics, and what today's prize has to do with it?
3) Collect 10 void essences (Altador, Darigan Citadel, Deserted Fairgrounds)
7) Tarla is in today! Remaining windows: 11:10, 3:10, and 11:27 NST, Ruby Sword (R89) (thanks Bean and Edd!)

Edit: and I just realized they fixed the trophies. I have the vibrant vindicator trophy now, which seems a rather unfortunate name considering how much the shape of the current trophies have been mocked. This one is gold and has three tentacles, so I'm guessing the next one will have a new shape. I'll find out in 14k points...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 3:43 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

The new chapter's first page is supposed to be up but won't load for anyone. Once we can read it, there will be a new BD challenger and a new volunteer shift. If the volunteer daily cap remains at 200, this means that you'll be able to earn 80/shift, and the full amount in 2.5 shifts/round.

Side note: I think hospital volunteering feeds your pet, because the ones I've been volunteering are always bloated, even though I only ever feed anyone when quest log tells me to, and my BD pet is always active for the springs and TDMBGPOP.

Edit: New chapter is up, and the BD skirmish and extra hospital shift have been unlocked (Neopia Central Skirmish I). There's only one wave, and it's the same difficulty as KL (100 on hardest). The festering Void Remnant (which looks like a swollen tick alien) has 330 HP. Of course he's only worth 10 plot points, but 5280 NP, and each battle only takes 1/3-1/5 as long with the single wave. I'll probably battle him ~10 times than finish off with a few BV II to get the rest of my plot points/prizes if needed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next