Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 5:22 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:15 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

It's been a long time coming, but this finally motivated me to upgrade my battle set. A huge shoutout to Cranberry, who gave me excellent weapon advice both here and in her Battlepedia reviews. :hug:

Me in a dress - that's a once in a lifetime opportunity

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:38 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

To inelegants, in case you are still around. Here are your three hints:

For the three mops:

The mop with handle to the right and the mop head pointed down goes against the left side and the top of the grid.

The mop with the handle to the right and the mop head pointed up goes just below it along the left side.

The mop with the handle pointed up and the mop head to the right goes beside the first mop along the top of the grid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:59 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I am stopping at 30 wins this time. Its getting difficult ot beat him now. last time i had less than 100 hp's left and he is doing 125 damage a shot if i dont defend now!

Check out my Gallery
Neo User

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 4:52 am 

Hmm I really should be doing some more battling, but for some reason i'm liking the puzzle aspect of this plot more than the fighting, maybe it's just that I love things like jungles

set by me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:04 am 

siouxper wrote:
And he sure is hard. I am stopping at 25 wins because I am barely surviving.

i cant even go for 1 :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:20 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Lady Galadriel wrote:
Hi everyone. I've been reading the posts, which are quite helpful thanks. ^^ However, I think I need some advice. My pet is not an experienced fighter, as I only take her to the battledome from time to time (like couple times per month?). I tried fighting the moach but the bug defeated my pet in just 2 rounds. Her stats are as follows:

Health : 19 / 38
Strength : EXCELLENT (43)
Defence : GREAT (39)
Move : GREAT (25)

She is equipped with: Poison Tipped Dagger, Acara Helm, Acara Shield, Golden Geraptiku Talisman, Scarab Ring, Improved Lightning Beam, and Obsidian Dagger.

I've just blessed her to get Burrow, as most of you think that it's a useful ability.

Which weapons should I use? Which weapons should I get (I'm interested in cheap but effective ones)? Should I train my pet more (if so, in what course)? What strategies should I try?

Thanks in advance!

First of all it would be helpful to know your level and how much you want to spend upgrading.

*Spring forward, Fall back*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:57 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Well my friend, who has been going at this for 3 years with me, has sucky pets to do this with. This battle is too much for her. Too bad one of my pets can't pinch hitter for her.

Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 4:34 pm 

neobeth wrote:
Lady Galadriel wrote:
Hi everyone. I've been reading the posts, which are quite helpful thanks. ^^ However, I think I need some advice. My pet is not an experienced fighter, as I only take her to the battledome from time to time (like couple times per month?). I tried fighting the moach but the bug defeated my pet in just 2 rounds. Her stats are as follows:

She is equipped with: Poison Tipped Dagger, Acara Helm, Acara Shield, Golden Geraptiku Talisman, Scarab Ring, Improved Lightning Beam, and Obsidian Dagger.

I've just blessed her to get Burrow, as most of you think that it's a useful ability.

Which weapons should I use? Which weapons should I get (I'm interested in cheap but effective ones)? Should I train my pet more (if so, in what course)? What strategies should I try?

Thanks in advance!

First of all it would be helpful to know your level and how much you want to spend upgrading.

My apologies. My pet is Level 29, and unfortunately I'm not very rich so I'm thinking perhaps I'll be able to train my pet about 2-3 more times (each time costs 2 codestones ><). I also have a couple 2 dubloon coins, but I need 5 dubloon coins (any way I can convert them?).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:02 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Lady Galadriel wrote:
neobeth wrote:
Lady Galadriel wrote:

Thanks in advance!

My apologies. My pet is Level 29, and unfortunately I'm not very rich so I'm thinking perhaps I'll be able to train my pet about 2-3 more times (each time costs 2 codestones ><). I also have a couple 2 dubloon coins, but I need 5 dubloon coins (any way I can convert them?).

Yes you can use the Dubloon-O-Matic on Krawk Island to convert, but you must have exact change. 5 dubloon coins are currently 10-11k, far cheaper than dubloons, especially if you are asked for a main codestone(10k each). The only downside is that dubloon training is slower. Also I have a bunch of Blue Scorchstone's that I got from the Tarla giveaway, they heal 30 hp's. I could lend it to you if you wish, that should be enough to get you a win or 2.

*Spring forward, Fall back*

Post subject: Neoblues giving me the blues!!
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:15 pm 

My only pet that has barely enough stats to battle has had neoblues for the last week!! I can't get lucky enough to be cured at the healing springs yet. Does anyone know yet if it's totally necessary to kill this moach thing to continue the plot?

Post subject: Re: Neoblues giving me the blues!!
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:03 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

perfectangel2000 wrote:
My only pet that has barely enough stats to battle has had neoblues for the last week!! I can't get lucky enough to be cured at the healing springs yet. Does anyone know yet if it's totally necessary to kill this moach thing to continue the plot?

Direct from the Editorial this week:

On May 17th, a link was placed in the news pointing to a Moach that was attacking the adventurers in the plot. My question is: if we cannot/do not defeat this challenger in the Battledome, will it become impossible for someone to continue participating in the plot? I know myself I do not train my Neopets for Battledome usage and so far I've really enjoyed the plot and want to continue participating. Thanks for your help.
No, you do not need to beat any of the challengers to proceed in the plot. We understand various players enjoy different aspects of plots. Some like puzzles, while others enjoy the Battledome or just reading the comics, so we try to add a mixture to attempt to please as many as we can. So don't fret if you can't defeat any or all of the challengers, it may affect your score (depending on how we tally the final points), but will not stop you from completing the plot.

:) Which is good, because I haven't managed to beat it once...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 12:26 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I just hope that we get lucky and another, easier, critter is found. I want to pummel it into death for plot points like I did with the first buggie.

:)

I'm just simply too weak for the Moach. I'm still questing with Illusen for the leaf shield, but my word is she starting to ask for expensive stuff!

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:10 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I just hit 40 wins, and am wary about going further... I'd really like to get to 50 though. I'll keep trying after work tomorrow if she's still available to fight. Or maybe I can sneak on during my lunch >.>

After my 35th win I switched from my battle pet to using my lab rat (569HP, 211 strength) to do the heavy hitting, but I don't know how much longer I can go on with a defense of 7 (:() and level 1 (no berserk, no burrow, no life drain...). I've just been using sand snowballs, silver spectre battlecards, shooting star muffins, and other 1 use bombs over and over. Kind of expensive, but it's better than set shopping right now. I will be shopping as soon as inflation goes down. *is still mad at herself for procrastinating shopping for two battle plots in a row*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:07 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Wind wrote:
From the Editorial, in case someone doesn't read the Neopian Times:
Quote:
[...] My question is: if we cannot/do not defeat this challenger in the Battledome, will it become impossible for someone to continue participating in the plot? [...]
No, you do not need to beat any of the challengers to proceed in the plot. We understand various players enjoy different aspects of plots. Some like puzzles, while others enjoy the Battledome or just reading the comics, so we try to add a mixture to attempt to please as many as we can. So don't fret if you can't defeat any or all of the challengers, it may affect your score (depending on how we tally the final points), but will not stop you from completing the plot.

Does that mean we don't even have to attempt to battle the Moach? Meaning, if we can't win, do we have to at least lose, or can we just not fight at all? Because I know I can't beat it, and I'd rather not decrease my BD score if I don't have to.

There were a lot of opponents I didn't even attempt to fight in the haunted woods plot, and I was still able to finish. But I just wanted to make sure that's the way it normally goes.

And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:37 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Meer wrote:
Wind wrote:
From the Editorial, in case someone doesn't read the Neopian Times:
Quote:
[...] My question is: if we cannot/do not defeat this challenger in the Battledome, will it become impossible for someone to continue participating in the plot? [...]

Does that mean we don't even have to attempt to battle the Moach? Meaning, if we can't win, do we have to at least lose, or can we just not fight at all? Because I know I can't beat it, and I'd rather not decrease my BD score if I don't have to.

There were a lot of opponents I didn't even attempt to fight in the haunted woods plot, and I was still able to finish. But I just wanted to make sure that's the way it normally goes.

When it is a puzzle/war combined plot, then the fights are for bonus points only - you do not have to fight to continue in the plot - that has been the way of all these type of plots.

The only exception (I think) was the LDP where you had to fight the Spirit and capture it in a bottle. But really that was a plot step not really a bonus fight.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next