Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:46 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Altador Cup III (2008) - Split 2
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:26 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I thought there was a minimum on SS definitely. I've got four scores on that, but only two of them seem to count towards my rank.

I'm just looking for anything over rank nine. I don't like the stone shields, they look ugly! At the moment I'm only about 20 games behind schedule to make 2000, but I don't see myself keeping this up, it's too time consuming.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:40 pm 

[quote="Pickles]
I'm really surprised that TNT is accepting the "minimum" scores on SS and MSN as actually being registered for points. Last year, the stopped doing so pretty early, so that while it showed up as an accepted score, but you got no actual points for it. I wouldn't be too surprised if they implemented a similar system again this year for those two games.[/quote]

smurf i think you might be right i am still rank 8 i was just looking at the score you needed to incress your rank from last year and i only got my rank 8 when i won 500 YYB games. wow i cant belive all that clicking was for nothing, does anyone klnow what the 'minimum' score to still get that .5 a point is?????

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:43 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Wait, so people who are putting in the bare minimum on each game are getting the same points as I am??? Jeeze, not fair. My team isn't on a winning track, so what's my motivation to keep scoring 12 goals a game?

They should put in some sort of points per game based system so that we get credited for actually PLAYING the games instead of just clicking through them. Gah.

A wise man once said: "Go Shenkuu!!!"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:44 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I thought you had to score a 250 in slushie slinger? It seems that is what I was thinking I read some place.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:47 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

schlough wrote:
Wait, so people who are putting in the bare minimum on each game are getting the same points as I am??? Jeeze, not fair. My team isn't on a winning track, so what's my motivation to keep scoring 12 goals a game?

They should put in some sort of points per game based system so that we get credited for actually PLAYING the games instead of just clicking through them. Gah.

I don't think YYB is affected, as sometimes it's all you can do to score one goal (dratted mutants). I'm not sure if the actual goals per game average you have will make a difference in the long run or not - I've got mine just above 10 goals/game at the moment. I'm not gonna be quitting trying, because I'm hoping it does make a bit of a difference. I know that my prize points were not directly equivalent to my number of games, etc, so I'm hoping that sticks around.

But yeah, they've got some sort of minimum set so that you can't just pop into SS, give away one cup, send the score, rinse and repeat. Same thing for MSN.

Edit:
Last year, my stats were:
Goals: 17,356
YYB Wins: 2,000
SS: 150
MSN: 750

With that, I got 27,714 points at the prize shop. I'm not sure how they do it, but I think the goals must've counted somehow...
Probably the ratio of goals per game X gravitation difference between Neopia and Kreludor dependent on if the Space station is nearby or not + number of games played... :P

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:01 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I hope the goals count too, at least a little. Mine is about 10 per game as well, I'd like to think I'd get a bit extra for that than someone who wins the same number of games as me, but only a tenth as many goals.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:43 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I don't know how some of you can be playing thousands of games of YYB. I only just reached Level 1 a few minutes ago. XD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:48 pm 

If you score a lot, it shaves time off the game. For example, scoring 9 goals will save you almost one minute (press spacebar as quickly as you can after the first stillshot comes up after the goal)...thus, those who score the most are able to play the most, because their games take the least amount of time.

I can play 10 games in about 22 minutes. If you score 13 goals consistently, you can get 10 games in in about 16 minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:51 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yeah, I average about 8 goals a game. I just don't have the patience to play it for hours on end, I guess.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:07 pm 

Pickles wrote:
Serpens Albus wrote:
How long is this tournament? I'm only on level 7 because I've been falling behind, but if this thing is a month long... Well, isn't that a little easy to get well over 2000 points?

Tournament will be a total of 34 days. :) Plenty of time to get to 2000 points if you're already at level 7. It's about 60 points a day to get there, so don't feel too rushed - you're actually a hair ahead of schedule. :)

Ah, well, I'm always being hassled off the computer around 10 and I didn't get to play this weekend. Not to mention I'll be gone for a week in California. I'm really pushing it here, but after finding out that it's 34 days, a load has been taken off my back.

Oh, if you guys are looking for a way to make the games go by fast, you should consider scoring on yourself with harder balls. That's what I do and it makes my games last about a minute and a half. Whenever I get a Mutant or Darigan, I simply put it in my own goal. If you can't score with it in one shot every time, don't bother with it. You'll still win your games, and unless you had your heart set on making your team the champion, you'll get all your points. You can still score 9 more points than the opponents if you don't get too many "bad balls."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:07 am 
PPT God
PPT God

YAYYAYYAY! I just got an 8-0 YYB game, AND I scored with a darigan ball on the second try!

I want to get to at least rank 7 by the end of the cup. Summer starts soon, so I'll be able to do it(hopefully).

Rakumel wrote:
kcharles wrote:
And I decked out my main pet for the cup-she has a medel on and a crown and the suport bg.

http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=snuffin

That's her page, if you want to check her out.

Aww, she's cute. ^^ I couldn't resist dressing the Wakster up for the Cup; he is the pirate and I'm playing for Krawk Island this year, after all. :P

http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml? ... oStarr1962

He's cute too! It almost looks like he's holding the flag in the backround, too!

Set by the amazing Kitten Medli.
Wanna see some of my writing? Click here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:50 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Snow Yooyus must die. :x I still can't score more than 6 goals a game.

Quote:

Excuse you. Do really think that everyone who's scoring the "bare minimum" on their games isn't trying their hardest? Please tell me that there's no implication of that here, and I'm merely misreading it.

Look, I may not be able to crank out hundreds of fifteen-goal games a day, but I'm trying my best and trying to have fun when I do have time to sit down and play. I don't appreciate being called lazy just because I'm not as good at the game as the rest of you apparently are.

edit: ...okay, I've read through it again. I think I see where you're coming from, but I still don't like the implication. Possibly the number of goals you score per game won't matter much until it comes time to redeem prizes. The people who scored more of them get better prizes, or rather, more points to spend on prizes. Maybe. I'm not really sure.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:40 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Yay!! Got my first 14 - 0 win against KI. :)

Quote:
My team isn't on a winning track, so what's my motivation to keep scoring 12 goals a game?

Your own sense of achievement? o_O

I have a team member (in my AC team)who is only cranking out 1 goal a game but has been playing practically non-stop to reach a ridiculous rank of 14 (at this point). Myself, I play a few hours throughout the day, I am on level 7 and have an average of 8 goals.

Our styles are different but we are both doing our thing for the team.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:07 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I think the issue people have isn't with YYB at all, but with people sending one cup for SS, getting five points and ending the game. If people got points for that, it wouldn't be fair. I don't think they do though, I think there's a minimum score of at least 200 for SS before it counts.

For YYB, I'd like to think that people who get more goals get more points... in large part because I've scored a lot of goals!

Woohoo to Shenkuu winning their first game of YYB!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:48 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

People, remember that the whole point is to have FUN. :hug: (though winning would be nice)

And yay, finally a win for Shenkuu. We're due for more- against FL at least, if no one else :lol:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next