Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Official Tale of Woe Solutions
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:16 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Incase people hadnt seen, there is a solutions page for the tale of woe plot - its quite interesting to read:

http://www.neopets.com/halloween/hwp/solution.phtml

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:25 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Quote:
Clever users who saved the names of the graveyards from the digging portion were able to input those names manually, so as to go directly to them instead of having to rely on the provided list.

HAH! So it WASN'T cheating!

...drat, then I should have done more than just 50! ><

Okami Fangirl <3 Eternal Ordeal Oekaki
Neopets: zafara_fan_8000

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:25 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Hurrah.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:43 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Moonlight Flower wrote:
Quote:
Clever users who saved the names of the graveyards from the digging portion were able to input those names manually, so as to go directly to them instead of having to rely on the provided list.

i didnt manage to mark any graves because i didnt want to try "cheating" :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:46 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Well I got every step except for the grave marking because I am on dialup internet..its a shame :(

Quote:
One of them led back into the room with the Zomutt; four of them led to locked cell doors, covered in RUST, that could not be opened; and one led to a cell door with a journal page sticking out from under it. (As usual, which door led to which area was random and different for each user.)

I like how they bolded and colored the word rust ;)

IDB Supermod and Rater

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:21 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Moonlight Flower wrote:
Quote:

I was glad to see that :P

Gone, forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:36 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

benladesh wrote:
Well I got every step except for the grave marking because I am on dialup internet..its a shame :(

Me too... oh, grave marking and bone testing.

It was cool of them to write up the full solution like that! I would've taken a looong time. It's interesting to know some of the stats and how they implemented stuff, and nice to see some of the pictures again! :) *feels nostalgic for it already*

Nyum nyum nyum...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:53 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Quote:
In total, 759 graveyards were completely dug up

This is the part where I fall out of my chair in disbelief. Over 750 graveyards completely dessicrated?! No wonder that part took forever.

I was fortunate enough to do a bit of everything. I probably lost points with my weak battle pets, though. I wish TNT had hinted at how much battles count in the overall plot (I know they didn't exactly assign point systems tonight, but I'm still curious :P ).

Edit: RUST.

Sure.... :roll:

Last edited by Officer 1BDI on Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:19 am 

Ohhh, so those doors were covered in RUST.
...Right.
(They still made me twitchy.)

Life is like an analogy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:23 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

benladesh wrote:

Quote:
One of them led back into the room with the Zomutt; four of them led to locked cell doors, covered in RUST, that could not be opened; and one led to a cell door with a journal page sticking out from under it. (As usual, which door led to which area was random and different for each user.)

I noticed that too! =D Then I looked at the picture they provided and thought, "TNT, you are TRIPPIN."

I'm so mad, though, that they didn't even discuss the strategy against the Mayor. Was he losing hp as time progressed or was he losing hp when people lost against him? WHICH ONE IS IT, TNT!?!?!?!

Set by that genius, WIS. THANK YOU WIS!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:24 am 
PPT God
PPT God

benladesh wrote:
Quote:

Ditto.
Ok, be honest, how many people thought it was blood? *raises hand*

<3 Laq

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:27 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

*sigh* And I read all the way to the end, just to see if we'd get credit for losing to the mayor umpteen billion times... Curse you, TNT!

Was happy to see the dancing ghost meepits again, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:48 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Alex wrote:
Moonlight Flower wrote:
Quote:

Wait. Kudos to y'all that could physically do more with time or body, AND I realize that link changing is not taboo by any means, but why wouldn't TNT simply make a longer list of graveyards? It seems a lame way to 'discourage people from trying because there is not enough bandwidth'.

Ahem.

Premium. Nickelodeon. Ads with viruses. How are they not making enough money? I am all for well paid artists and programmers, but then make it a non-free site and charge us all. Sorry I think I am just .. oh geez sorry I am not even upset about anything, just wondering their logic. :oops:

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:57 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Reading the solutions was fun... except for the part where the picture of the Leafy Slorgblossom triggered a flashback and brought me to tears. :p That was one frustrating plot! I guess I should be proud of myself for sticking it through and finishing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:01 am 

anjuna wrote:
Alex wrote:
Moonlight Flower wrote:
Quote:

Wait. Kudos to y'all that could physically do more with time or body, AND I realize that link changing is not taboo by any means, but why wouldn't TNT simply make a longer list of graveyards? It seems a lame way to 'discourage people from trying because there is not enough bandwidth'.

Ahem.

Premium. Nickelodeon. Ads with viruses. How are they not making enough money? I am all for well paid artists and programmers, but then make it a non-free site and charge us all. Sorry I think I am just .. oh geez sorry I am not even upset about anything, just wondering their logic. :oops:

They make money per pageview, so it would make more sense for them to have more graveyards. They probably didn't to make it more challenging.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next