Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 14, 2024 10:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: The Void Within Discussion
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:25 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
This is the discussion thread for The Void Within.

The main post with current, updated info is here

Thanks Pickles for making and updating the OP!

I like the idea of l having inks in the OP to the daily updates. This will help keep the OP from becoming giant as we go though this long plot.

Here we go!

Post subject: The Void Within - Day 1
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:28 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Day 1 (Event before hub arrived)

Meridell turned grey, as well as the Castle!
King Skarl also went grey, with the added text:
Quote:
King Skarl is not happy. (Would you be happy if everything in your kingdom turned dismal and grey overnight?)

There is also speculation that the late-yesterday update of the The Neopian Hospital, replacing the Gelert with Nurse Glee, who runs the Pharmacy, is related to the plot.

As a kinda funny note: Meri Acres Farm did not go grey when the main Meridell map and Castle did. :lol:

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

Last edited by Pickles on Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: The Void Within Discussion
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:27 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Do we need to do anything today?

Post subject: Re: The Void Within
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:43 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Oh, my goodness. When I started this earlier today, the Plot Hub wasn't up.

There is a LOT to unpack here.

Chapter 1 Part 1

First off, make sure to read Chapter 1.
Click on the "Collect Prize." This will ONLY show up after you have moused over/clicked on every single panel of the comic.
Quote:
Your dedication is admirable. Here is a gift for your efforts!
Grey Paint Filter
This item has been added to your inventory.

This is pretty cool, as it is animated and fades in and out grey.

Completing this will award you 1 point to spend in the prize shop (rewards page), plus the participation level trophy, which will go immediately on your lookup.
Image Abyss Gazer

I am happy that they are using the Fearless Deeds section (on the rewards page). Even happier that we can see our progress towards trophies (and see our active points).

I cannot even start about the prize shop. My jaw is still on the floor. I had literally PM'd Blue just a couple days ago about how I could have pipe dreams about some specific Elite-level weapons showing up in quest log pool or being re-released somehow. Thyora's Tear and Thunder Sticks were the prime items I was thinking about when I made that comment. I still need to digest the prize shop for a while yet.
Plus, we'll be able to access the prizes DURING the plot, so sometime in the next few days, I'll add the battledome items that are in this prize shop to the first post (for the ones not already in there). I will try to get a post made with every item in the shop, what it's type is, points required, etc, in the next day or two and link it in the first post.

The Hub page also has a very cool Plot Timeline at the bottom, which lists events back to the Faerie Festival as all being "prologue." (Click the left arrow multiple times to see them all.)

I am sure I'll have more commentary later. I'm still just absorbing everything. SO EXCITING!

(And the Littles are DEFINITELY over the moon excited!)

I will also try to update the first post with some of the key things from the FAQs in a bit.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

Last edited by Pickles on Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:06 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I think I finished everything? Read the comic and collected the grey item thingie.

Ooh. A WODF ? Goal set ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:12 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Looks like they're modifying the prize shop some. Limits have been put on some items that weren't there before and prize points are changing on some. T-Tear is now limit 1, Grapes Of Wrath is now Limit 1 and 5k points instead of 800 with a limit 3, WODF is now 5k, which makes WAY more sense on all of the above.

From what I understand, some things in the FAQ have been changed since earlier today, so I'll double check it again later, but for now, it's in the main post.

Key FAQ takeaways:
Some prizes are earned by playing and advancing through specific minigames or Battledome challenges (or donating your time to the Neopian Hospital) All Battledome challenges will also be accompanied by the option to instead have your pets donate their time to the Neopian Hospital’s efforts to treat those injured in the ongoing scuffles.
Hidden trophies or fearless deeds that can be acquired through acts of valour going above and beyond that of ordinary Neopets.
There will typically be new content of some kind appearing weekly! However, since many Neopians live busy lives, you won’t be penalized for not visiting every single day new content is released.
Content will be released in the form of Chapters spread over three-week periods, during which everyone can still catch up on content and collect full rewards! It’s only after each chapter ends that you will lose out on exclusive prizes. So you’ll want to make sure you are all caught up on the last day of every chapter!
The plot will include: Community activities, Minigames, Puzzles, Battledome challenges, Prizes

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:24 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Interesting how it is all in flux. I could have sworn the WODF was only 3k when I looked previously. This is still my goal ;)

Maybe I should just try and do all 50 levels of Jhudora? Cannot say that I have ever really tried to do her quests...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:49 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I earned my first point. Looks like there will be a lot to do. Hopefully they balance things well when the AC starts.

I'm finally home from my trip, but I've got a church meeting tonight and still need to unpack and stuff, so I won't be able to work on my set today. And my work schedule is crazy this week, so fingers crossed that my current is good enough if battling starts!

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:25 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm very interested in the battling alternative and what that entails. Because my BD pet is leagues stronger than I ever had in plots as a kid, but I know she's still waaaaaaay weak compared to the Big Leagues.

I'm also interested to see them tackle darker themes for this. I wasn't around for the whole Fall of Faerieland plot but I've read it back and its really good! I'm super excited for this lol

I am, and forever will be, The Queer Alpaca
they/them

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 4:02 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

The moment when Faerieland actually crashed was so epic -- Nickelodeon had so kiddified the site, we weren't sure they were actually going to go where it suggested, and they delivered. It's probably my favorite memory in Neopets.

TNT has recently referenced the fact that there are still parts of Faerieland floating around, and the faeries need it to float again. I'm not sure if that's going to happen in this plot, or they're already leaving crumbs for the next one. I'm okay as long as they keep some of the green. Old Faerieland was an eyesore.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:45 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Blue, WODF it was 3k. However, as it's one of the top (if not THE top) best weapons in the game, the 3k point was kinda low. 5k might still be, as well, depending on how hard it is to earn points. But please, don't try to get it through all 50 levels of quests. They get stupidly expensive with how bad inflation on R99's is now. Most people who try have a hoard of R99s, plus people who are backups with hoards of R99's available online when they accept their next quests.

The crash of Faerieland was my all-time favorite Neopets plot moments. The fact that they left us hanging over the entire Thanksgiving break only made it crazier. Add to that the fact that we actually HELPED it crash...yeah. Even if they do take it back to the skies, I agree, old Faerieland was a bit of an eyesore. The way they had it in the Faerie's Hope app was better, as there was greenery, etc, around it. I guess we'll see if we get any such epic moments this plot? It will be hard to top Lost Desert Plot or Faeries' Ruin, for those of us old fogies who have been around that long.

I am hoping we'll get some clarification on the battling alternatives. My primary question are: can you do both? (it sounds like maybe not). If you can't do both, can you chose on a "by step" basis? So like, if you feel like your pet can beat the easier challengers, you fight them, but once the harder challengers come around, can you do the alternative instead? Or will we be locked in as either a battler or supporter like we were in Curse of Maraqua?
I mean, I don't know if my pet qualifies as the "big leagues" as she's definitely not in the Top 250 listed over at Jellyneo's Battlepedia (the top 31 of which have over 10k hit points!), so I can't like, beat the Snowager, Chiazilla, The Drenched, etc., on anything but Easy, but I did manage to beat Kastraliss and Giant Hungry Malevolent Chomby on Hard during the JN Dome Decimal challenge (and was pretty happy about that). That being said, I would 100% be happy if the challengers get too stupidly hard to beat to have the ability to switch over to the alternative role.

Siniri, if you have even just SOME of the items I have in the first post, you'll be pretty well set, but I'm happy to help out if need be. I still haven't gone through my SDB and made a list of options, which I need to do, so I know what I can swap out based on the challengers we get. It's on my to-do list...

For those interested, there's a The Void Within NC giveaway on Gleam. Here's my referral link...if anyone else wants to post their links on here, maybe we can help each other get extra entries. You should be able to get at least 9 entries just by clicking links
Enter your Neopets Game Account Username: If you win, NC Prize will be sent to this Neopets game account - 1 Entry
Enter "The Void Within": - 1 Entry
Follow-up quiz to the "The Void Within" - 1 Entry
Check out the latest NC Void Items!: - 1 Entry
Visit Neopets on Facebook - 1 Entry
Visit neopetsofficialaccount on Instagram - 2 Entries
Visit Neopets on YouTube - 1 Entry
Download Neopets: Tales of Dacardia - 1 Entry (does not require downloading, just visit the link)
Tier 1 - 10 Winners - 7,500 NC per winner - Total Entries Required to Qualify: 14 entries
Tier 2 - 15 Winners - 3,000 NC per winner - Total Entries Required to Qualify: 11 entries
Tier 3 - 25 Winners -1,200 NC per winner - Total Entries Required to Qualify: 8 entries

On a totally different note, there was a little bit of info about the plot included in this news article.
Quote:
Our new protagonist Nyx returns to Neopia after being lost in the void. Alongside her, players will embark on a journey mirroring their own experiences of stepping away from Neopia amid life's demands, only to return with newfound insights and personal growth.
"The Void Within" represents a pivotal moment for Neopets, symbolizing a rebirth for the beloved brand after years of neglect, promoting positive screen time and well-being to enlighten the Neopian community.
The plotline challenges players to confront the mysterious gray curse sweeping across Neopia, draining color and vitality from the world, requiring the collective efforts of all who call Neopia home to save it from darkness.
The new Neopets plot will begin rolling out June 17, 2024, and go into early 2025.
So I guess Nyx is the Aisha from the Advent Calendar comics? Maybe? So long as they don't kill the poor Faellie...

Ack! I forgot that they also included another poster in the news yesterday:
Quote:
Pining for a whimsical weekend? Why not unwind in charming Faerieland? Feel your worries melt away as you enter Queen Fyora's magical domain where verdant valleys, floating clouds, and shimmering waters paint the ethereal landscape.
Faerieland Poster

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 5:04 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

This is certainly a slow-moving, yet massive plot. I like it, but it seems weird that there is not that much to do yet. The pace is good. Not like the LDP where we had to spend hours in the labyrinth and/or digging graves and if you missed a day, you were out of luck on that part.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 5:16 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Chapter 1 Part 2

There is a second page to the first chapter now.
Click on the "Collect Prize." This will ONLY show up after you have moused over/clicked on every single panel of the second page of the comic.
Your dedication is admirable. Here is a gift for your efforts!
Grey Oil-sheen Rainbow Fountain Background
This item has been added to your inventory.
Now I have a whopping *2* points to spend. :p
I love the fact that aside from the robe, the draik (Commander Lazarr, maybe? I'm not sure?) is holding a rubber mallard while King Skarl attempts to soap off the grey in the Faerie Fountain. I wonder what that soap is doing to the fountain? :lol:

Random tidbit of info: One of the Fearless Deeds requires buying 15 unique items. If you buy the first 15 in the shop, this will cost 872 points.

I am happy about the slower pace, as well. Having plenty of time to do each step is definitely appreciated. I suspect that before long, we'll be doing whatever the Fearless Deed that requires us to gather 50 Void Essences.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 6:10 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I received a Neomail today from TNT (I assume everyone did...)

TNT wrote:
Subject: Restore Color to Neopia - Visit NC Mall
Have you seen the giant rift in the sky? The situation's turning grey! It's time you make a difference! Join the fight to restore color to Neopia and uncover the secrets behind the void. Along the way, be sure to visit the NC Mall to check out exclusive items for this event. Who knows what surprises you'll find?

The Neopets Team

ETA: The description of today's prize (background) is: "Not even the Rainbow Fountain can fix your grey..."

Not sure if that is funny or ominous

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:47 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Chapter 1 Part 3

Visiting the hub page has a scroll with this message on it:
Quote:
An urgent message to all of the Kings, Queens, Emperors, Lords, Governors, Mayors, Monarchs, Protectors and Defenders of Neopia. King Altador and Queen Fyora are summoning delegates from every land and province to the Hall of Heroes in hopes of forming an elite council to address the troubling grey that overtook Meridell in conjunction with the enigmatic rift fracturing our Neopian sky. If you are able to attend, your presence is humbly but expeditiously requested.
This shows up as page 3 for chapter one. After viewing it, you get another point to spend in the shop, but that appears to be it.

Drats. I was hoping for something to actually do over the weekend. Ah, well. That being said, it will be interesting to see just how many different characters we end up seeing in this plot! I've seen screenshots of dialogue that showed up on the first day (and was taken down quickly as it was glitched and clearly not supposed to be there yet - I suspect it comes after this) and it had quite a few people in it...

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next