This board is for anything to do with the Pink Poogle Toy Forum. If you have a question or want to suggest any ideas, then this is the place to do it.
Topic locked

PM errors!

Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:32 am

Dear me oh my... how many of you guys are having problems with your PMs.
Failed sending email :: PHP ::

is the most popular one I have, seems like it goes through (I hope... I have 32 PMs that need to go out)

Anyone else want to pour their hearts oot about this?

Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:07 am

Just tried PMing myself, and I'm getting that error too.

Odd...

Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:20 am

Alex wrote:Just tried PMing myself, and I'm getting that error too.

Odd...

I got that when trying to post a normal message, seems to be ok again now though

Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:08 pm

arogance1 wrote:
Alex wrote:Just tried PMing myself, and I'm getting that error too.

Odd...

I got that when trying to post a normal message, seems to be ok again now though

I got the error posting a regular message about 10 minutes ago. However, when I went to update the post with the issue (IE issues thread), it didn't have any trouble posting, so I took that bit out of the message.

Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:21 pm

It seems to click through anyway for the majority of the time.

Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:23 pm

http://www.popanime.net/megami/phpBB2/v ... .php?t=870

I pointed this out to Yukio from another forum I go to, which is very similar to the error that's occuring.

Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:29 pm

Your PM goes through just fine, it's just the email notification to the recipient (if he has that turned on) that fails. If the person you're sending the PM to has disabled "Notify on new Private Message:" option, this error will not occur.

You do not need to do anything if you recieve this error. I'll fix it when I have time.

Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:33 pm

I'm not only getting this with PM's, I'm getting it when I'm posting on threads.

Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:39 pm

I'm getting this error message when posting in threads here (haven't tried PMs). The message always goes through however. It just won't take you immediately to what you just posted.

Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:42 pm

I'm also getting it. Perhaps we've upset the database god.

Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:17 am

Ammer wrote:I'm not only getting this with PM's, I'm getting it when I'm posting on threads.

I've noticed it on the Werewolf thread. I think if someone's 'subscribed' to the thread, you'll end up getting that error.

Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:49 am

Alex wrote:
Ammer wrote:I'm not only getting this with PM's, I'm getting it when I'm posting on threads.

I've noticed it on the Werewolf thread. I think if someone's 'subscribed' to the thread, you'll end up getting that error.

Nah... it still happens even if your'e not subscribed when I try and post now

Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:21 am

ScottNak wrote:
Alex wrote:

Nah... it still happens even if your'e not subscribed when I try and post now

Yeah, but if someone else is subscribed. Because when someone posts, it sends an email to the person who's subscribed.

'Cause there's threads I"ve posted in that I know nobody would have subscribed to, and I don't get the error.

Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:37 am

Fixed. You may or may not be able to recieve mail from the forums at this point of time. We're simply ignoring those errors now.
Topic locked