This board is for anything to do with the Pink Poogle Toy Forum. If you have a question or want to suggest any ideas, then this is the place to do it.
Topic locked

Run a clean sweep of your computer

Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:44 am

Just as a precaution, due to the exploitation of a bug on PPT yesterday, I'd like to warn people to scan their computers with a spyware scanner just in case anything did occur.

There's a program I use called "Webroot Spy Sweeper" which is a lot better than Lavasoft's Adaware in terms of removing those hard to remove spyware programs that keep re-installing themselves everytime you reset your computer.

Google it, download it and run it.

Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:07 am

is that what that "script prompt" was?

Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:25 pm

I'm getting reports that scripting problems have returned. I'm restating that if you've seen the prompt, scan your computer as soon as you can.

Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:42 pm

Hiya,

Not sure what has happened, but soon as I tried to open both PPTs main site and forum, Norton AV flashed up a warning that A trojan was trying to download to my machine.

I closed all IE windows then tried to open PPT Forum again, and the very same thing happened.

All appears to be ok now though,

Download.trojan was the trojan that was trying to install that my Norton AV caught.

SS:)
Topic locked