This board is for anything to do with the Pink Poogle Toy Forum. If you have a question or want to suggest any ideas, then this is the place to do it.
Topic locked

Bad rumours about PPT

Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:41 pm

I posted a link to ppt on a dutch neopet site and some people did all hysterically that ppt had cookiegrabbers. Since I'm sceptic I asked what proof they had, they said that they "had heard it somewhere, but didn't want to take any risks".

So, just wanted to let you know.

It's probably because of pinkpt.com being so popular, that some people got jealous and started to spread rumours. :(

Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:45 pm

Too true. I almost got into a big argument with one of my friends because I said I used PinkPT and the PPT Forums. I guess rumors just never die, no matter where you are in the world.

Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:23 pm

Some people envy success. PPT is the largest, most popular Neopets fansite out there. That means that, unfortunately, a certain segment of the population will spread lies about PPT.

Well, next time you can tell them that:

a) It's ludicrous. Why would a respected help site put cookie grabbers up?
b) It's impractical/impossible. Nearly all browsers make it impossible for any site that didn't originate a cookie to access it now. (This is why the cookie grabber panic has died down, except for the Kaos incident.)
c) There are tens of thousands of people who use the site. You know, I think that there might be one verifiable report of someone being cookie grabbed here by now if it were true.
d) If PPT's supposedly breaking so many rules, why do Neopets staff members hang around here?
e) It's rude to spread false rumors.

The whole thing is maddening and ridiculous, but you might be able to get someone to realize that PPT is alright.

Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:51 pm

The best thing to do about the rumors like that are to ignore them, it's not even good to defend against the claims since it only makes things worse. If someone choose not to visit PPT for whatever reason that they heard, it's their choice.

Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:12 pm

Runevalkyrie wrote:The best thing to do about the rumors like that are to ignore them, it's not even good to defend against the claims since it only makes things worse. If someone choose not to visit PPT for whatever reason that they heard, it's their choice.

and on top of that most likely better for our community ;P
No reason to get into a silly fight if you don't need to at all!

Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:59 pm

Haven't people been saying that there's been cookie grabbers on PPT for 2 years?

I remember another Neo site I used to work at while I was a member here posted something about it on the front page.. so I deleted the post ;P

But yea, it's best to just ignore the rumours. If people choose to believe them then it's their problem, but if you start getting into a fight about it, especially on Neopets, you could get into more trouble than them.

Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:13 pm

Ow yes, I definetely wouldn't discus this on neopets itself, it's just annoying that on the other help site I look like I'm evil and luring people into cookiegrabbers when I post a helpful link, you know.

Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:43 am

lol yes, we are all evil people. I confess, I confess. Please... take me away!

Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:48 pm

PuddingofEvil wrote:Some people envy success. PPT is the largest, most popular Neopets fansite out there. That means that, unfortunately, a certain segment of the population will spread lies about PPT.

Well, next time you can tell them that:

a) It's ludicrous. Why would a respected help site put cookie grabbers up?
b) It's impractical/impossible. Nearly all browsers make it impossible for any site that didn't originate a cookie to access it now. (This is why the cookie grabber panic has died down, except for the Kaos incident.)
c) There are tens of thousands of people who use the site. You know, I think that there might be one verifiable report of someone being cookie grabbed here by now if it were true.
d) If PPT's supposedly breaking so many rules, why do Neopets staff members hang around here?
e) It's rude to spread false rumors.

The whole thing is maddening and ridiculous, but you might be able to get someone to realize that PPT is alright.

I totally agree. Jealousy can really do too much, can't it? :D

Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:29 am

I've heard about this rumor a long time ago, but i dont believe it!

Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:35 am

Topher wrote:I've heard about this rumor a long time ago, but i dont believe it!

Thats reassuring to hear - seeing as you've just joined us anyway! :)

Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:20 pm

PPT never had cookiegrabbers.
But the website used to have ads that made my antivirus thing pop up (some sort of trojan, it said).
Key words: USED TO. They fixed that problem. So there's nothing to get ya on PPT anymore.

Darn those rumor starting people.

Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:57 pm

Someone might make an effort to take my PPT cookies....?

Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:34 pm

If anything, we're cookie GIVERS. All new members are garenteed a cookie. :)

Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:21 pm

Shoyru_Lover wrote:lol yes, we are all evil people. I confess, I confess. Please... take me away!

lol.. the truth reviled :evil:
Topic locked