This board is for anything to do with the Pink Poogle Toy Forum. If you have a question or want to suggest any ideas, then this is the place to do it.
Topic locked

phpBB 3 migration - expected downtime

Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:23 pm

The forums will be down for maintainance starting this monday to migrate to phpBB 3, the next major release of the forums software we use around here. The migration is expected to take around a week (or longer, depending on the stability of the Release Candidate version currently offered by the phpBB group), during which the forums will not be accessible.

Due to the nature of the update, the forums will remain closed to non-staff visitors for another 7 days after the migration. During this time the staff will acquaint themselves with the new moderating options and the new board layout. We expect to return to full functionality on April 18th.

Please note that some content will not be transfered to the new forums. The content that will not be transfered includes, but is not limited to:
  • Threads in Coconut Isle, Bill and Event boards.
  • Posts under 125 characters.
  • Forum signatures and custom profile fields.
  • Post counts.
  • "Legendary", "Ultra Spammer", and "Beyond godly" ranks.
  • Usergroup-access rights.
  • Accounts whose usernames start with letters H, J, K, R, T or W.

The Administrator team wishes you a pleasant vacation on behalf of everyone here at PPT.
Last edited by Hunter Lupe on Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:33 pm

Haha, that'll make Werewolf interesting.

Hooray! I'm excited. I like upgrades.

Buh'bye, Kuge and WIS. You're accounts are getting zap't!
Last edited by Uncle Xyzzy on Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:34 pm

Thank goodness you posted! I almost forgot. I've added a silent Ph to the beginning of mine so my account will be safe. I hope everyone has some good books stashed away to read. :)

Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:39 pm

Oh, by the way, will user info (email, msnm, set, etc.) be deleted?

I'll need to save all that if so.

Edit:

I should really learn how to read.
Last edited by Uncle Xyzzy on Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:42 pm

Ugrade? Bah! Back in my day, we used to communicate through letters! Not through any of your fancy 'Interweb' or 'Nettubes'.

Have a good holiday y'all. This wil help I suppose, as it'll stop me from being distracted.

So I suppose we'd better end WW pretty soon then :P

Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:44 pm

Cool. I've had my name changed so I don't lose my account and post counts.

Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:44 pm

Ixist wrote:Ugrade? Bah! Back in my day, we used to communicate through letters! Not through any of your fancy 'Interweb' or 'Nettubes'.

Have a good holiday y'all. This wil help I suppose, as it'll stop me from being distracted.

So I suppose we'd better end WW pretty soon then :P

In a day?!?

I suppose if the last night elf dies, but...

Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:47 pm

:P I think your post count is getting flushed away into the torrent of... the mysterious, enchanted, undisturbed... graves of stuff. I don't really know where I'm going with that.

On the other hand, yay, upgrades. And Ultra Spammer, we hardly knew ye'. And Beyond Godly, we hardly knew ye'. What a sad loss. And Coconut Isle... my beloved board. Flushed away. Actually, I feel quite sad now. *sniffles slightly*

And no PPT. I don't know if I can really cope with being told that the page cannot be displayed for seven days... or whatever fancy message it chooses to tell me.

Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:25 am

0.o
MIRRRH!
So not fun :cry:

Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:32 am

...Is this an April Fools joke, or are we upgrading to a beta version? :o

Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:36 am

I fail to see why an "updated" version of the latest phpBB series cannot implement usernames with the first letter "H", "K", "J", etc...?

Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:39 am

Ammer wrote:I fail to see why an "updated" version of the latest phpBB series cannot implement usernames with the first letter "H", "K", "J", etc...?

Database handled in a different way, perhaps?

Since beta 5 does include a transition from phpbb 2, I suppose it's possible it's not some elaborate hoax, especially since the next version will be RC.

Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:50 am

Are you sure this isn't a joke? Remember the PPT version of NeoCharge last year?

And why would Kym change it over to a Beta Version instead of the RC?

Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:33 am

Accounts whose usernames start with letters H, J, K, R, T or W.

Yeah, that makes total sense. :P

Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:43 am

Zero! wrote:
Accounts whose usernames start with letters H, J, K, R, T or W.

Yeah, that makes total sense. :P

Yep, especially since all the admins' usernames start with one of those letters. :P
Topic locked