This board is for anything to do with the Pink Poogle Toy Forum. If you have a question or want to suggest any ideas, then this is the place to do it.
Topic locked

Spam

Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:03 pm

This topic is going to upset some of you. Not that many, Im happy to say.

Since the forums re-opened, many members have made it their mission in life to spam their way to as close as possible to the top of the post count tree, and then stay there.

This was a very silly thing to do.

Very shortly, the staff will begin reviewing the accounts of people who have been noted as spamming. Post counts will be lowered, and strikes may be awarded.

Let the complaining begin.

The Management

Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:50 pm

Me! Spammer! No way! *looks at the big 'SPAM' printed on his forehead.* Oh.

I think this is a really good idea, even if some of my posts go as well. But what if some of the mods have had spam posts. Do they get their posts removed?

Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:53 pm

Ixistant wrote:Me! Spammer! No way! *looks at the big 'SPAM' printed on his forehead.* Oh.

I think this is a really good idea, even if some of my posts go as well. But what if some of the mods have had spam posts. Do they get their posts removed?

I think it applies to everyone.

Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:44 pm

Jill wrote:
Ixistant wrote:Me! Spammer! No way! *looks at the big 'SPAM' printed on his forehead.* Oh.

I think it applies to everyone.

It should apply to everyone, and as far as I know it does.

Just so you know, unless you're known for spamming to increase your post count we probably won't do much to you.

Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:17 pm

We're talking serial spammers here ;)

Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:41 pm

Serial Spammers? *gasp* What has the world come to when posting to a forum isn't safe anymore? o.O

Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:28 pm

Oh dear, I'm probably gonna be in trouble. :( *runs and hides*

Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:36 pm

I'll do my best, and I won't spam the boards. I'll post decents things...
Oh and, yeah, like ixistant said, that rule should apply to everyone to be fair. But Im sure you already though about it, didn't you?

Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:59 pm

Does this count for spam in the Word Games and Contests board? Okay- stupid question, considering it's made for spam. I think this is a good idea, even if a few of my post have been spammy (I'm not sure... just note that I'm afraid). And there really shouldn't be a reason for anybody to complain- if they do, it's probably only because they are spammers in the first place and just don't want their posts taken away- they should be responsible for their actions. Quality matters, not quantity- and this is a good way to prove it. :)

Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:04 pm

The posts in Word Games and Contests don't count. Theres a hack that makes it so the admins can have a board that doesnt count posts.

Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:19 pm

Valé wrote:

I'll do my best, and I won't spam the boards. I'll post decents things...
Oh and, yeah, like ixistant said, that rule should apply to everyone to be fair. But Im sure you already though about it, didn't you?

I think one of the requirements to get a job as a mod is not to spam. ;)

Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:45 pm

I'd also like to personally point out that just because we are taking an offensive against the dreaded 'Spam', this in no way justifies anybody 'back seat modding' or being rude and offensive to people that they percieve as spammers. Keep yourself above it, people.

Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:03 am

*Rant rant whine whine complain complain rabble rabble protest protest*

I'm actually for this. Post counts are not a status of knowledge... but eliminating the spammy close does a darn lot to make it closer to it.

Sun Jul 25, 2004 1:48 am

162 wrote:*Rant rant whine whine complain complain rabble rabble protest protest*

I'm actually for this. Post counts are not a status of knowledge... but eliminating the spammy close does a darn lot to make it closer to it.

I agree with that.

I think it's a great idea that the staff are doing this. I've seen a few 'spammy' posts here and there that really aren't necessary.

Though my post count is somewhat large in relation to most of the forum, I've tried to only post when I feel that what I have to say is relevant to the thread.

I agree!

Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:37 pm

I agree that we all should take notice of ourselves and make sure if we are spamming or not.But,please be kind if someone does that cause it might be a accident!

:D [/b]
Topic locked