Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Jul 04, 2024 1:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Changing Username
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:28 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I remember back in the day we used to be able to change our name, can wbe still do that and how?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:34 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

You can only change your username now by PMing an Admin. If they agree that your reason is justified, they will consider it. Changing your username isn't something you should do often, though.

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:36 am 
PPT God
PPT God

No. That feature was taken away because Jim threw a hissy fit because he wasn;t allowed to have a sugar high and he destroyed it with Yukio's pickle cannon. But it still survives!!! Rune managed to save some of it and now the Jim and Rune can change your name for you if you pm them nicely enough and don't do it often.

ImageImage
Set - Sunnie
Blinkie - Chass
Left.
ALL HAIL XENU!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:47 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Quote:
No. That feature was taken away because Jim threw a hissy fit because he wasn;t allowed to have a sugar high and he destroyed it with Yukio's pickle cannon. But it still survives!!! Rune managed to save some of it and now the Jim and Rune can change your name for you if you pm them nicely enough and don't do it often.

Umm... excuse me?

If anything, I was one of the more vocal people who said "Don't bring it back". Do you know how hard it is, keeping track of at least fifty members that are reguarily changing their names? WEEKLY name changes.
Theres a reason it was taken away, and it was because it was abused.
It works better this way in my opinion, it's easier to keep track of people, it's not confusing.

And I sure hope that was an attempt at being funny...

Evisceration is a sign of respect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:49 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I heard there was a hack out there that listed the usernames someone has used on their profile. If that was installed here (along with the personal quote one *wink wink*), then there shouldn't be a problem, right?

Zero set 13 of 26

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:55 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Quote:
I heard there was a hack out there that listed the usernames someone has used on their profile. If that was installed here (along with the personal quote one *wink wink*), then there shouldn't be a problem, right?

And that still involves going to the persons profile. I prefer this way anyways. What is the need to change names anyways? It's still confusing to be replying to someone, whose name you don't recognize.

And don't get me started on the personal quote.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:03 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

ahoteinrun wrote:
Quote:

And that still involves going to the persons profile. I prefer this way anyways. What is the need to change names anyways? It's still confusing to be replying to someone, whose name you don't recognize.

All you have to do is click on a button to get to profile...
As for the changing name thingy, lets say someone changes their name to SUPER HAPPY FUN GIRL, and then a while later they get orphaned or something, well SUPER HAPPY FUN GIRL isn't exactly a fitting name then, is it?
Or a less extreme example, someone could name themselves after a band or character they like (ex: Zero), but then a while later they start to dislike that certain thing... a lot... so they want to change to somethin' else but can't.

(has an urge to ask what's wrong with the personal quotes...)

Zero set 13 of 26

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:12 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

And sometimes clicking a profile, involves losing posts that you're working on (I know that my computer at school, won't allow me to switch back and forth between pages, without losing what i've been typing... although this computer i'm on currently does). And sometimes it involves taking up multiple pages of PPT (I think I hit my record at six once) to deal with things. Unfortunately I feel that you're not being fair to the staff.

If people want their names changed because they honestly don't like their names, they can PM an admin. Theres nothing hard about that. I don't see whats so great about changing names, I did it, I hated it, and I had to cry back to Rune to change it back.

You have to realise the scale on which name changes were taking place. I'll admit freely that I did not follow ASP, or... Gnome legion... or that other one... (I can't even remember what it was... which may just say something about my memory, and how HARD IT IS for me to keep track of peoples names.).
I'm sorry but I like to know who i'm talking to, or who i'm replying to when I post, and with mass name changes it gets confusing. It's like seeing strangers post. And I don't like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:16 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Zero wrote:
ahoteinrun wrote:
Quote:

All you have to do is click on a button to get to profile...
As for the changing name thingy, lets say someone changes their name to SUPER HAPPY FUN GIRL, and then a while later they get orphaned or something, well SUPER HAPPY FUN GIRL isn't exactly a fitting name then, is it?
Or a less extreme example, someone could name themselves after a band or character they like (ex: Zero), but then a while later they start to dislike that certain thing... a lot... so they want to change to somethin' else but can't.

Well then they could PM an admin and get their name changed. In the long run that's better for everyone. Because even if previous names are listed, having members able to change their names on a whim still allows it to be abused. Even if their previous names are listed, it still causes an amount of confusion. Especially when you have 20 people all changing their name on the same day for some theme. It may be fun for them, but it's rather annoying for the rest of us.
We generally don't have problems with legitimate name changes. Which is why members are allowed to PM admins and ask for a name change. Requiring members to request for name changes simply prevents abuse of the feature, frivolous name changes, and confusion.

EDIT: Ok, Inrun kind of beat me to the punch, but we both got our points across.

Love is blindness. -- Set by my Secret Santa =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:35 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

ahoteinrun wrote:
Quote:

Umm... excuse me?

If anything, I was one of the more vocal people who said "Don't bring it back". Do you know how hard it is, keeping track of at least fifty members that are reguarily changing their names? WEEKLY name changes.
Theres a reason it was taken away, and it was because it was abused.
It works better this way in my opinion, it's easier to keep track of people, it's not confusing.

And I sure hope that was an attempt at being funny...

Yes, it was an attempt at being funny. And I now realise that name changing shouldn't be brought back and should eb under admin control only. And could I get my head back please? I think you bit it off...

EDIT: Just decided to do a run down of the facts that have been layed down about namechaging.

1) It's not coming back. Get used to it.
2) If you want your name changed, pm Rune or Jim very nicely and ask them to do it for you. But just as long as you don't do it too often. And the name you want isn't obscene or offensive.

Mkay? Mkay. And whats wrong with personal quotes? And no, I don't want a great debate over them, just want to find out whats wrong with them. I promise I'll respect your opinion and give you mine. And the other group was CCC.

ImageImage
Set - Sunnie
Blinkie - Chass
Left.
ALL HAIL XENU!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:16 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

*cranks up Vertigo higher* NOT THIS DEBATE AGAIN!

Just PM Rune. She'll do it. Although, I miss the CCC's mayhem, I've since thought one thing: I'm starting to build a reputation on the internet with DM was on fire! and what if someone steals my username.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:48 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: In the white forest, hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
We've beaten this subject down for the upteenth time now, especially since he how has gotten his request taken care of. Locked *add this to the FAQ finally*

.. In between the cover of another perfect wonder where it’s so white as snow //
Running through the field where all my tracks will be concealed and there's nowhere to go...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]