Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 3:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: PPT Podcast December - Because Jim "sanitized" us
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:26 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

PPT Podcast December - Because Jim "sanitized" us and all we got was this stupid badge

So for this month of the Podcast the first thing discussed was the Lost Desert Plot.

Which I agree was ridiculously long. I was on top of it for the first month before I realized, that after spending 6 hours on mapping my tomb, that my grades were suffering and it probably wasn't the smartest thing to keep up with this plot. Thus, all I did was complete my tablet, get the avatars, and that was it. Like Emma, I gradually fell behind and decided eh my grades are more important. Not to mention, I got really, really confused. But, I also think that a 4 month plot was a bit much, being very lengthy and really should have been a summer plot when kids aren't in school. All in all, I'd say this plot would have been better had it not been in the 1st for months in school, when kids need to focus on school versus when the scroll repository is built and complete. Now, for my guild, cause it was mentioned in the casting how many people actually completed the plot, out of 90 some people in my guild I think one or two people actually finished it.

So the second thing covered was J's, just how many things in Neo have names that begin with J's.

So I went neoitems.net and I calculated that at least 828 Items actually begin with J names ranking from the gingerbread petpet Jinjah to Juppie Jam Sandwiches. Dunno about people, which is what they were asking but I thought that was interesting.

Then they went into the third item discussed which concerned the new Neopet, Xweetok. This thing, for those who have not seen it kinda looks like a cross between a skunk, a chipmunk (Ch ch ch chip n' dale!) , and a punk music cd.
Then again, u could call it an elven chipmunk with a mohawk. I dunno, but its really crazy lookin but girls are going to ga-ga over it for the simple fact that is "soooo cute."

They then went to discuss how neopets dont have opposable thumbs but build and drive and hold stuff etc. So i thought about this and then came up with the weebles who wobble but dont fall down and the little tykes people
Who live in a world and have their own tv show on Disney Channel, which is absurd.

After the discussion about the cruelty of the labray, they went to Who Knows You Play Neopets. For me, my brother knows and my 2 best friends know but that is it. New people I meet I dont let them know I play because I really dont want the your-a-loser stare. I mean, i dont even let the majority of my friend I have my own HP website. I mean, i really think a lot of people go on it but really prefer not to admit that they play this super fun game.

And yes, the podcast continued, which rocked!
If you were a neopets monitor for the day, what would u do?
Now, I dunno about u but I sooo would un retire all things and release a bunch of the really rare items so that everyone had a fair shot at the stamps and coins and berries (Ode to my passion, lol). But I really dont think I would want to "rule" for more than one day because there are so many people on Neo and lord knows how many obnoxious emails u'd get from people, ya know?

Next topic was: Under 13, parental permission needed: Is this really effective.

Im going to go with no, this is not effective. Once kids realize they can't do anything by saying they are under 13, they are just going to make another account, as stated in the podcast.

Song(s) of the Podcast
*U-G-L-Y You ain't go no aliby, their ugly do-do their ugly do-do
*Jingle bell jingle bell jingle bell rock. Jingle bell smiling ....

Last edited by PTP on Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:59 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:39 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Rachel sounds so much more British than I expected. :O

And Emma sounds so much less British than I expected. ;P

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:45 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
You know which British accent surprised me? Cho Chang in Harry Potter Goblet of Fire. Yes I saw it, and all the girls in the row behind we were crying hahahahahah.

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:47 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Thats because Katie Leung, who plays Cho Chang, is actually Scottish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:50 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PTP wrote:
Thats because Katie Leung, who plays Cho Chang, is actually Scottish.

And is obviously the best actor in the world.

Next to Sean Connery, David Tennant and Robbie Cultrane :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:52 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Lol, I dunno Johnny Depp is pretty multi talented being able to go from a 50's guy to a traumatized man with scissor hands to a flamboyant (sp?) pirate and the list keeps going.

But if we are talking about HP actors and actresses, give me Rupert Grint any day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:23 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

hahahah

"I know what they look like, they look like little water fountains"

hahaha, that was cute, then I think it was Marcus and he's like "we mean the cards" haha :hug:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:35 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Lol, yes that part was hilarious!

And how the girls were like, well some of them do look like water fountains and the boys were all, um what are you talking about!

Classic!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:49 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Charisma wrote:
hahahah

"I know what they look like, they look like little water fountains"

hahaha, that was cute, then I think it was Marcus and he's like "we mean the cards" haha :hug:

ahaha yea.

I made an smurf out of myself at the start i wasn't actually sure about anything for the plot because I didn't read the last cartoon :$ (Told you I shouldn't have introduced it)

And if anyone was curious about my accent, its half aussie half english. Quite boring.

Do you miss Bill? I miss Bill. Go to this thread to petition Bill Back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:55 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Lol, no worries.

Like I said in the really long starting post, the lost desert plot all in all but a big ball of confusion and no one but a few number of people really knew what in the world was going on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:11 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Bangel wrote:
Rachel sounds so much more British than I expected. :O

And Emma sounds so much less British than I expected. ;P

thats because emma has a welsh twang

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:13 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

There are different twangs? Thats so cool. Im from SoCal so the only accenty-thing we got going on for us are the words dude, sweet, tight, and sick.

Accents are awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:17 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

yeah there's loads of different accents in england. the typical posh one that hugh grant has is one, then in the westcountry (cornwall, devon, somerset) you have the farmer type accent, then there's the midlands/brummie/black country one, and liverpudlian, and mancunian, and geordies, and many many others. And then scottish irish and welsh all sound different too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:21 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Whoa, thats so awesome.

I mena, in the States I know there is like the Bostonian accent and the Jersey accent, and even SoCal and Norcal have different i guess twangs.

I just love the different European accents cause they sounds so awesome.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:38 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I cant stand my australian accent, because the accent is stereotyped as dumb people, so my stupid australian accent makes me feel dumb, id love like an american accent, like Fiddlesquat's :D. ERM, but male.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next