Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 23, 2024 8:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Old Smiley's Back?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:02 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I might be the only one to ask if we could get the original smiley's back from the old PPT Forums? I liked the old ones much better (Happy, Sad-Teary, Angry) and I was wondering if we are going to get the old smiley's back?

I'm sorry if this has been dealt with already or if there's another topic about it.

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:09 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: In the white forest, hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
Unlikely to happen in the near future, for now the YIM-style smilies are here to stay.

If you want to use them though you can do a search for "invision style emoticons" (there are a bunch of them here as well) and host them on your own server.

.. In between the cover of another perfect wonder where it’s so white as snow //
Running through the field where all my tracks will be concealed and there's nowhere to go...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:23 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I never used subBlack on the old forums, but didn't they have different smilies?

So say now would it be possible to make something like subsilver2 with the old smiles?

~Set by moogie~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:39 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Shifty wrote:
I never used subBlack on the old forums, but didn't they have different smilies?

So say now would it be possible to make something like subsilver2 with the old smiles?

This theme is sS2. I want my sS1 back...maybe you could re-make sS1 and put the old smileys on it? For people who like the "old classic PPT" look?

No, I never officially left; yes, I am gone forever. I have also permanently left AIM. If you need to contact me, drop a line on LJ. Same username.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:28 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

tymaporer wrote:
Shifty wrote:

This theme is sS2. I want my sS1 back...maybe you could re-make sS1 and put the old smileys on it? For people who like the "old classic PPT" look?

That's an awesome idea. A seperate theme for people who liked the classic look. Original smilies and the stars. I guess it's totally up to the Admins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:00 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Shifty wrote:

True. That was a real smileys-look-different-across-templates mess. Anyhow, those were the old forums, and phpBB doesn't allow this by default.

tymaporer wrote:
This theme is sS2. I want my sS1 back...

Actually, this is the closest PPT ever came to the original subSilver (everything (with a few exceptions) is a direct copy of the template). (ss2: http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB22/ )

Will you stop with the honour stuff?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:58 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I think it'd be nice if somehow people could create smileys, and the admins would choose which ones to use. That's how it's done on DeviantArt, and I find anytime I go to a forum other than DA's, that I wish I could se those smileys anywhere.

I really don't like the smileys used now. The quality's pretty poor. They look blurry.

*Badum ching*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:38 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Well, if you really don't like them, you can upload some other ones to your own image server and use them instead :)

Gone, forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:57 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

i could use mine as an alternative in the "more smileys" box, i love my smiileys but they're not animated...

(Steal the rhythm while you can.)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]