Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 4:20 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: More than 15 posts?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:23 pm 

Is it possible to read more than 15 posts on one page? I really hate having to read through 40-some pages of a topic just to find a post I'm looking for (this is especially bad in WW), and splits do nothing to help this. I've seen other forums where they give you the option to read 10, 15, 20, 30, 40, 50, etc. posts in one page. Would it be possible to implement that feature here?

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:04 am 
PPT God
PPT God

That'd be a useful feature, but I think each user should have their own preference. Like it should be customizable, because some ahve slower connections than others.

President of the Sugarinii/Tasha fan club.
Sugarinii's soulmate... since 1991!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:29 am 

NeoPet_online wrote:
That'd be a useful feature, but I think each user should have their own preference. Like it should be customizable, because some ahve slower connections than others.

That's what I'm talking about. You would have a little drop-down menu in your Profile for the number you would like per page. It would be especially useful for those who have dial-up and need to find page 28 of a 50-page WW thread, or something like that.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:08 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Favorite Cheese: Brie de Meaux, Red Leicester and Wensleydale.
Couldn't we also have it for topics as well so that we can customize the ammount of topics that we see on one page?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:29 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
I don't think the topic one is very useful, as most people don't search through pages of topics (if they need to, they probably search). As for posts, I sort of agree, it'd be nice to have the option, though I'm fine with how it is already.

CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:38 am 

It seems there hasn't been much discussion on this, so I'd like to rehash it. I think it's a great idea, and I've seen it implemented very well (on IDB and Sparkbomb, for example). The other problem right now is that I can only get to the first or last few pages of any given topic. So if I want to look at something on page 12 of 19, then I'll either have to go 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 or 19, 18, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12. Either way, it is a huge hassle.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:27 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

theonlysaneone wrote:
It seems there hasn't been much discussion on this, so I'd like to rehash it. I think it's a great idea, and I've seen it implemented very well (on IDB and Sparkbomb, for example). The other problem right now is that I can only get to the first or last few pages of any given topic. So if I want to look at something on page 12 of 19, then I'll either have to go 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 or 19, 18, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12. Either way, it is a huge hassle.

you know you can just manipulate the url to go to a certain page, it says somthing like skip=15, you can change that, just work out how many you need to skip for the page you want.

And most of the time on ppt threads are spilt after 10, so you dont have that problem (the exception is game threads which are split at the gamesmasters discresion)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:06 am 

That's not the only problem though. I would like to be able to see 40 or 50 posts on a page, just to save myself all of that tedious clicking and searching. Really, if I could read an entire topic from top to bottom, that would be awesome as well.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:45 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

There's a technical issue here - fetching posts is expensive; fetching too many at a time will result in unnecessary load on the server. As it stands, if you've got enough bandwidth to want to have more posts per page, you can easily click through a few pages to get to where you left off.

I'll see if I can hook you up with a more sensible "go to page" arrangement, though.

Will you stop with the honour stuff?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]