This board is for anything to do with the Pink Poogle Toy Forum. If you have a question or want to suggest any ideas, then this is the place to do it.
Topic locked

issues with pages loading.

Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:38 am

I've been having issues with pages loading on ppt, they keep timing out, since this morning for me (so for the last 6 hours). i i i dont think it's my internet connection as it's not happened on any other sites.

Re: issues with pages loading.

Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:44 am

The forum's been like this most of the week for me. I think something's wrong in the background. Someone needs to tinker around with the site abit. :P

Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:47 am

I've been experiencing it mostly during my "day" (roughly NST's day) for the last three days or so. When it gets to be evenings, it seems to work better. o_O

Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:59 am

Server restarting.

Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:18 pm

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm still having issues with pages loading. I've had pages take up to 15 minutes to load, and even then, there are a lot of things missing, like smilies, quote/edit buttons, and the font color panel. To be honest, I've kind of been trying to avoid PPT because it's just been too time-consuming to load the site the past few days :(

EDIT: I've tried posting this 4 times now... :x

Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:00 pm

Yeah, I've had the same issues as May, also, sometimes it just loads as plain blue hyperlinked text on a white background. o_O

Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:41 pm

Alrighty I sat down with the host and had a close look at the server.

It seems like we're being targeted by an attack group for some strange reason.

We're getting Denial of Service attacked (DOS attacks) from servers in Turkey (of all places). What DOS attacks do is they try to overload the server with as many connections possible so that no one else can load pages on the server.

All the IP's originating for Turkey have been blocked as of 5 minutes ago. This seems to have fixed things for the mean time.

Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:09 pm

Count Spookola wrote:It seems like we're being targeted by an attack group for some strange reason.

We're getting Denial of Service attacked (DOS attacks)

D: D:
Oh noes! :o
Bad internets! *Shakes fist*

Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:55 pm

Pickles wrote:I've been experiencing it mostly during my "day" (roughly NST's day) for the last three days or so. When it gets to be evenings, it seems to work better. o_O

Yeah, that has been my experience as well. I thought it was my university's server, trying to deter me from procrastination :P

I wonder what the Turks have against PPT and the chicken o_O

Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:21 pm

Probably not from Turkey. Most likely from someone who are running scripts hosted on Turkish servers.

Why? Who knows. *shrugs* The last DOS attack we had were in 2003 I believe. Strange that it should start again.

Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:40 pm

I'm not having any issues with pages loading. I'm an Aussie by the way.

Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:43 pm

I am experiencing issues right now. Every time I try loading PPT, I get a connection timeout. I have no problems via a proxy, though :X I am on a 88.76.xxx.xx IP atm, as I have a dynamic IP. Could somebody do a check on this?

Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:46 pm

I hate to bring back this topic from a month ago, but I'm having issues with pages loading again. And I know I'm not the only one. I know at least Siouxper, Fidds, and Rachel are having problems as well. I don't know if it's related to what happened before or if it's something new, but it's extremely frustrating.

Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:59 am

Ditto. It's been very annoying all day.

Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:13 am

*points up* What may said.

I've been having issues with pages loading - they keep timing out or something and i have to refresh to get them to load. I thought it was because we've been shaped, but other websites are loading fine, and much much faster than ppt - why does ppt load so slow?
Topic locked