Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 6:38 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:21 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Quote:
The first line reads: "He looked rather like an old lion."

It goes on: "There were streaks of grey in his mane of tawny hair and his bushy eyebrows; he had keen yellowish eyes behind a pair of wire-rimmed spectacles and a certain rangy, loping grace even though he walked with a slight limp."

A lion. Think for a moment. What animal do you see here?

A lion.

Perhaps Godric Gryffindor is being described, he may be dead, perhaps Harry is looking back through time somehow.
Something tells me that Book 6 will deal greatly with the past, going as far back as Godric and Salazar. After all, CoS was almost titled HBP, and CoS did touch a bit on the history of the school.
My instinct is telling me that the passage is describing Godric.

Love is blindness. -- Set by my Secret Santa =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:55 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
I'm actually leaning more towards Aberforth, now. Or some other relation of Dumbledore's. The spectacles (poor eyesight tends to be genetic), the grace, the animal comparisons...

But I dunno. It could be describing Godric. I'm not sure. (Though I'd love to have a passage in the book that describes history. I'm a history freak, so I'd love it. Though I don't want it to be a Harry-with-a-pensieve scene again. He's 'fallen into' pensieves twice now, hasn't he? It's getting a bit old.)

can't find the sig from this set, so instead, you get a <3 .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:21 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Amethyst wrote:
I, personaly, hope Sirius never comes back. This may sound really heartless, but it would be terrible if he did. I loved Sirius as a character, and I cried at the part where he died, but I think he needs to stay dead. It would provide SO much more emotional fuel for Harry...

Ditto. I loved Sirius, he was my favorite, and I cried ALOT when he died. But I hate it so fricken much when people come back to life or "werent really killed" in books. And now Harry really has something to fight for, Voldie and his followers have killed 3 of the people Harry loved most in his life. His mother, father, and Sirius. Now more than ever Harry wants revenge. I love revenge. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:22 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I've kind of changed my mind about the description now .... it is pretty obvious with all the animal descriptions being a lion and all that it's Godric Gryffindor. But would JK give us all such a clue?? She must see that its easy to guess him .... so maybe it isnt?!?

Or maybe it's someone totally new - ? But though it does seem like him a lot ... it just doesn't seem right that JK Rowling would give it away like that. Ok, we don't know how he would be in the 6th book ... not even really much of a clue towards the storyline at all! But ........ I dont know - it just feels a little weird that she's give it away.
What do you think?

Want Neopets goodies for FREE????!!??!! Sure you do! Check out this thread: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=38039 :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:30 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Godric seems far too obvious. But then... she is really forceful in her description of the character as a lion. One passing reference to a lion isn't much, but a whole paragraph...? Who knows?

Formerly Miss Padfoot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:43 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Could it perhaps be a descendant of Godric Gryffindor...? I mean... just because they founded Hogwarts, doesn't mean that they didn't have families.
*shrugs and goes back to mindless thinking*

Evisceration is a sign of respect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:56 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Amethyst wrote:
twitchy wrote:
1.Someone could perform an illegal spell to bring him back...

JKR wrote:
Dumbledore (GoF): No spell can reawaken the dead.

A spell may not be able to but perhaps a potion or dark magic could. like a necromancer

Losers are those who do not try

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:12 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
matchbow wrote:
Amethyst wrote:
twitchy wrote:

JKR wrote:

A spell may not be able to but perhaps a potion or dark magic could. like a necromancer

Perhaps we'll have a very hacknied scene with Harry and Voldemort

Voldemort: "Join me Harry"
Harry: "Never your followers killed Sirius"
Voldemort: "Death is easily circumvented Harry"
Harry: "What?"
Voldemort: "I could bring him back..child"

Though ridiculously unlikely.

Last edited by Christopher on Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:37 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Listening to you guys is so much fun. *cackles*

I like the relation of Dumbledore's theory. Since he couldn't find anyone outside his family to employ in the last book (hence Umbridge), he'd ask his own brother to help him out.

That seems logical.

otherwise known as the one who left PPT...and now lurks. *evil laughter*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:44 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

just a theory here

dumbleodore's brother could be voldemort's dad. they're both supposed to be muggles. and if he was voldemort's dad, that could be why dumbledore never speaks of him.

Losers are those who do not try

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:12 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

matchbow wrote:
just a theory here

dumbleodore's brother could be voldemort's dad. they're both supposed to be muggles. and if he was voldemort's dad, that could be why dumbledore never speaks of him.

Voldemort killed his father in the beginning of Book 4.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:09 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
matchbow wrote:
Amethyst wrote:
twitchy wrote:

JKR wrote:

To do any kind of magic, you need a spell. Unless you mean they should throw a potion through the Veil, it's highly unlikely. xP

Amethyst wrote:
matchbow wrote:
just a theory here

Not exactly. He killed Frank Bryce, the Riddles' gardener. The Riddles were murdered at some unknown time before that, probably when Tom/Voldemort was fresh out of school and eager for revenge. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:57 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

...Alex wrote:
matchbow wrote:
Amethyst wrote:
twitchy wrote:

JKR wrote:

To do any kind of magic, you need a spell. Unless you mean they should throw a potion through the Veil, it's highly unlikely. xP

Amethyst wrote:
matchbow wrote:
just a theory here

Not exactly. He killed Frank Bryce, the Riddles' gardener. The Riddles were murdered at some unknown time before that, probably when Tom/Voldemort was fresh out of school and eager for revenge. :)

Okay, maybe Voldemort/Tom Riddle didn't kill his father. But remember? Frank described a boy (which could very well have been Tom Riddle) on the lawn or something like that. And, it also said that the Riddle family died.

ImageImageImage
Set by WIS (I think XD), awesome fader by Bangel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:07 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Twizzler0171 wrote:
...Alex wrote:
Amethyst wrote:

Okay, maybe Voldemort/Tom Riddle didn't kill his father. But remember? Frank described a boy (which could very well have been Tom Riddle) on the lawn or something like that. And, it also said that the Riddle family died.

Tom did kill his family (as far as I know, anyway), but we just don't know when. That's my point. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:52 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

At the beginning of book 4, the Riddle family was murdered by what Frank Bryce described as 'A dark haired boy' (Forgive me if I'm quoting wrong, but I've lost my copy of GoF :cry: ) I'm pretty sure that was Tom Riddle.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next