Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 6:30 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:46 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Has anyone else heard about that thing on jk rowlings site where you can read two lines from the hp and the half blood prince? i just googled "two lines from new harry potter" and found a site that had them. They really didn't tell me much...something about a Lion. (Somebody tell me if that spoils something, and I'll take it down)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:47 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Brian wrote:
Has anyone else heard about that thing on jk rowlings site where you can read two lines from the hp and the half blood prince? i just googled "two lines from new harry potter" and found a site that had them. They really didn't tell me much...something about a Lion. (Somebody tell me if that spoils something, and I'll take it down)

Old news, sorry to say...the lovely ...Alex posted that a while ago...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:48 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
Brian wrote:

It doesn't spoil anything, don't worry. It was released last month, and most people have read it by now. There are various theories as to who the passage is referring to, and you can find quite a few in this thread and the previous HBP threads. :)

ETA:

Amethyst wrote:
Brian wrote:

Old news, sorry to say...the lovely ...Alex posted that a while ago...

Gah, you beat me to posting that. But lovely, me? You charmer. xP

can't find the sig from this set, so instead, you get a <3 .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:38 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I thought I posted it...

*eats self*

Oh well :p

that's me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:37 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
HBP news...

Mugglenet wrote:
Two separate MuggleNet readers have written in to say that JK Rowling ruled out Hagrid as a possible Half-Blood Prince candidate at the Edinburgh book reading last August. She revealed this to both readers independently after being asked in the book tent. Thanks, Glenn and Bridget, for sharing this with us!

Note that we cannot say with 100% accuracy this is true, but both readers had UK-based IP addresses and solid alibis. Consider this a good rumor, but not yet a fact.

Sounds honest enough to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:30 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Oh, ok. So I guess since we've all read it, I can share my thoughts on the passage. From the way it's written, it seems as if a new character is being discribed, so maybe the HBP is someone completly new. You never know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:29 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Brian wrote:
Oh, ok. So I guess since we've all read it, I can share my thoughts on the passage. From the way it's written, it seems as if a new character is being discribed, so maybe the HBP is someone completly new. You never know.

It could also be, like, seamus or something weird. All we know for sure is that it isn't harry or voldemort

Losers are those who do not try

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:24 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I think it's Godric Gryffindor. The lion allusion alone...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:03 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Amethyst wrote:
I think it's Godric Gryffindor. The lion allusion alone...

Perhaps. But JKR doesn't tend to write descriptions in an obvious way. And that descriptions is like the Grand Emperor of all things Obvious.

Sure, she writes obvious passages (when she wants to), and when telling something will be obvious (Ron and Hermione- more than friends? Well, DUH. Sirius being dead- no really, he'd DEAD, stuff like that.).

Hrm. I'm still not sure about this, though. It may be a better description of Aberforth- Albus Dumbledore is often described as pheonix-like, McGonagall and Ginny cat-like, etc. JKR loves to use animal descriptions to describe characters, even if they aren't an animagus of that animal or the like (Ginny's being described as cat-like is no deeper than a description, according to JKR).

Or it could be an entirely new character.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:00 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

But Aberforth has already been described!!!! In OotP, when the Trio goes to the Hog's head...He's the barman.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:27 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Amethyst wrote:
But Aberforth has already been described!!!! In OotP, when the Trio goes to the Hog's head...He's the barman.

*Looks at passage*

Oops. My mistake. Good observation- he's described in passing, very easy to forget. :)

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, American Edition wrote:
The barman sidled toward them out of a back room. He was a grumpy-looking old man with a great deal of long gray hair and a beard. He was tall and thin and looked vaguely familiar to Harry.

Perhaps a new character, then. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:02 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm still going with Godric Gryffindor. We can't forget the Chamber Of Secrets connection. Something tells me we're going to go back into history in this book. Godric can be the lion fellow, Salazar Slytherin can be the Half-Blood Prince.
Didn't she say it had to do with something Harry discovers when he's in the chamber with Riddle?
I know one thing he discovers is that Riddle has a muggle father. But we know Riddle's not the HBP (as much as I wish he could be). What we do know is that Riddle is the heir of Slytherin, and Riddle is a a half-blood.
In my mind, all signs point to Salazar.

Love is blindness. -- Set by my Secret Santa =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:05 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

JKR's done a large update to her site. New area (the Rubbish Bin, where she disputes less than factual articles. The link to it is the gumwrapper located between the coffee cup and welcome (spiral notebook)), and three new easter eggs/surprises for your scrapbook.

The new easter eggs are as follows (spoilers, obviously, so highlight to read):

Quote:
Dial 733837 (Peeves) to gain access to an old drawing of Peeves, by JKR. It will be added to your scrapbook.

Quote:
Enter the Rubbish Bin, and double click on the pen (the one that's to the left). Once again, there will be three items you will need to collect to get the scrapbook item.

The items are eggs, marbles, and a hair.

First, get the eggs. They're in the Rubbish Bin, and you can probably see them already. If you can't, they're to the right, and look quite like the drawing of them on the inked-up paper.

Next, go to the Extra Stuff section to aquire the hair. It can be found underneath the blank pad of paper (the one that, if you swipe the eraser over it, will show you what you need to find for another scrapbook item). It, too, will look like it's drawing counterpart.

Last, head over to the Fan Sites page. Remember the empty medal box? Well, it's still empty, but we can finally do something with it. Click and drag it over to the left or right, and the marbles will be revealed. Click on them and you'll have your new scrapbook item. (It's another drawing, this of Nearly Headless Nick)

Quote:
Your last new scrapbook item can be gotten by waiting on the main page until Peeves/the Doxy comes 'round. The marble next to the FAQ paperclips will start sparkling/swirling. Click on it, and you have a new scrapbook object! (Another picture, one JKR drew of pages from 'Dragon Breeding for Pleasure and Profit')

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:52 am 
PPT God
PPT God

shouldn't the book be out soon?
I still belive my theory about hagrid....

apparently:
... we may see a more explicit scene of Voldemort killing Harry Potter's parents.
... we may learn more about "the circumstances of [Voldemort's] birth."

The opening chapter of book 6 is actually reborn from discarded early chapters removed from the first book, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.

"quite a bit shorter" than Order of the Phoenix (book 5).
Mark Evans is nobody important. The fact that this minor character, mentioned only in passing, has the same last name as Harry's mother (Lily Evans, maiden name), is purely coincidental.

that is as much info I can get at thwe mo...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:22 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I do believe that Rowling said that OOTP was going to be shorter then GOF at one point in time. And then it turned out longer. Heh.

(Not that I mind)
I hope this book is really long and really dark.

Evisceration is a sign of respect.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next