Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 8:21 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:04 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Amethyst wrote:
...Alex wrote:
Asparagus Queen wrote:
I just watched the 3rd movie (again :P). Does anyone wonder why Hermoine never used the Petrificus Totalus spell on Peter or Snape when they were in the shack?

I haven't read PoA in a while, but didn't Sirius/Snape/Lupin/whoever take all the wands, with Expelliarmus? If she got her wand back, well. Then her casting it would ruin the next three books. =P For plot's sakes, realistic logic must be sacrificed at times.

In the movie... Well, that movie had a lot of inaccuracies, so meh. =P

Yeah, in the book Lupin had all of their wands. Also, if you were a teenager cornered by a werewolf and a supposed mass murderer, you wouldn't exactly be thinking things out all the way, would you? Even if you WERE Hermione :P

Isn't the answer obvious? Books don't either make sense. Some of them always choose the hard way, but it always turns out more interesting that way. And why in the world would Hermione want to do it on Snape? She practically bit Harry's head off when he used 'Expelliarmus' on him...

OT: Hey, Robin! We're exactly a year apart! Well, give or take a few hours or so... my birthday is on June 1st, too, only I'm going to turn fifteen...

ImageImageImage
Set by WIS (I think XD), awesome fader by Bangel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:48 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

There are many places where you'd think Harry or whoever could've done something totally different, and thus spared themselves a lot of pain/trouble.

Take the scene where Fake-Moody gets the Map. Harry could've just Summoned it, but no... that never occured to him, did it, except, "Oh no! My egg is making noise! My foot is stuck! Use magic to solve a problem? Nah!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:26 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: Set by DM was on Fire! 2nd place in my set contest.:)
Im eagerly awaiting this new book, it sounds like its going to be a fantastic read!! I also cant wait for the next 2 films as Im really curious as to how they are going to fit each book into a film, it seems to me like there is too much vital information to fit into a 2 hour time slot. I cant wait to see how they do the quidditch world cup, as that has to be one of my favourite parts of the GoF!:)

As a slightly side note, are we able to discuss theories about how the books will end? Just that this topic is dedicated to the 6th book and I have a theory on the 7th book!! (most probably horribly wrong of course!!)

ImageImage

TGSET: http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13685

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:09 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

xjox wrote:
Im eagerly awaiting this new book, it sounds like its going to be a fantastic read!! I also cant wait for the next 2 films as Im really curious as to how they are going to fit each book into a film, it seems to me like there is too much vital information to fit into a 2 hour time slot. I cant wait to see how they do the quidditch world cup, as that has to be one of my favourite parts of the GoF!:)

As a slightly side note, are we able to discuss theories about how the books will end? Just that this topic is dedicated to the 6th book and I have a theory on the 7th book!! (most probably horribly wrong of course!!)

I think this is the general HP discussion thread. Go ahead with your theories, I'd love to hear them^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:30 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: Set by DM was on Fire! 2nd place in my set contest.:)
Oh goodie!!hehe

Right well most of my theory is from the clues in the books and also from some of J K Rowlings interviews.

First the Facts!! (I cant quote from the books at the mo as I dont have them here)
JKR did an interview just before the 5th book was released and she refused to say whether Harry would even be alive after the 7th book. (she has consistantly refused to answer this!!)
At the Edinburgh Book Festival ( http://www.mugglenet.com/jkrebf.shtml ) she gave another interview and said that the 2 questions the readers should be asking are, not why did Harry survive but why did voldemort live, and why didnt Dumbledore kill Voldemort in the 5th book?
(Im sure theres more but I just cant think at the moment, will edit if anything comes to mind!:P)

Well my theory is that when Voldemort attempted to kill Harry we know that because the spell was so powerful it left part of Voldemort in Harry. I think that it also left a part of Harry in Voldemort and that the reason that Voldemort didnt die was quite simply because Harry didnt die.
I think that Harry will die in the last book because it will be the only way to completely kill Voldemort and I think that Dumbledore is the only one who knows this so far and that is why he is so protective of Harry and also why he didnt try to kill Voldemort. Quite possibly I can see Harry sacrificing himself to protect the rest of the world.... (Dragonheart anyone??)

Of course this is just complete theory and I dont know how the other characters would fit in and Im sure that if Im even semi right that JKR would twist it in far more ways than I can imagine. But it does kinda make sense to me at the moment and it certainly would give the Harry Potter saga complete closure.

ImageImage

TGSET: http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13685

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:54 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
Personally, I'm not sure whether or not Harry will die. I hope he doesn't, but eh.

As for the Dumbledore not killing Voldemort... I think that the prophecy may have included something about the one Voldemort chooses (chose) being the only one that can- could- kill him. Harry wasn't the one to substantially weaken him, when he (Harry) was a baby. Lily did. She sacrificed her own life for him, and thus, he survived, while Voldemort was nearly killed due to Avada Kedavra backfiring.

On the other hand, Voldemort isn't Tom Riddle anymore. He's not exactly human. For all we know, he's immortal, like a Dementor. After all. Avada Kedavra would kill most people, even if it's backfired.

Amethyst wrote:
I think this is the general HP discussion thread.

Bingo. This used to simply be for HBP discussion, but it's evolved into an everything-HP-related thread, for the most part. =P

can't find the sig from this set, so instead, you get a <3 .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:15 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Heh, I've said this many times before, and will probably say it many times again...I hope Harry does die. I've never liked it when authors push a series too far...him dying would stop [most] of that.

::runs and dodges the flying tomatoes::

Ali is love.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:53 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Cassi wrote:
Heh, I've said this many times before, and will probably say it many times again...I hope Harry does die. I've never liked it when authors push a series too far...him dying would stop [most] of that.

::runs and dodges the flying tomatoes::

Meh, I agree, actually. If Harry dies, she'll have an excuse not to write any more books. Also, it's worth it for the pleasure of seeing Daniel Radcliffe kick it in the movie :evil: (Assuming he's still playing Harry, of course :P )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:42 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Somebody please make a case that this isn't a Ron Weasley Joke:

PoA wrote:
"Well, I hope [Lupin's] up to it," said Ron doubtfully. "He looks like one good hex could finish him off, doesn't he?"

Do what you will; but I will hinder it if I may.

-- Eowyn of the Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:42 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Tharkun wrote:

PoA wrote:
"Well, I hope [Lupin's] up to it," said Ron doubtfully. "He looks like one good hex could finish him off, doesn't he?"

Not a joke, Ron was being serious. 99.999% of the time, if Ron's serious he's wrong, if he's joking he's right; and 99.999% of the time if Hermione is calm she's right, if she's emotional/upset she's wrong. So, that's JKR's built-in lie detector thing :)

I am, and forever will be, The Queer Alpaca
they/them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:28 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Robin wrote:
Tharkun wrote:

PoA wrote:

Not a joke, Ron was being serious. 99.999% of the time, if Ron's serious he's wrong, if he's joking he's right; and 99.999% of the time if Hermione is calm she's right, if she's emotional/upset she's wrong. So, that's JKR's built-in lie detector thing :)

Well, Hermione is right 99% of the time when she's calm, and 25% of the time when she's upset. But yes, the stuff about Ron is valid. And yeah, he was being serious now that I look at it and I'm off my paranoid streak.

Although I think Snape is working for Voldemort, despite Ron's repeated conspiracy theories to that effect. Probably because I've internalized Rule #1 (sans running bits) a lot more thoroughly than Rule #4.

-- Eowyn of the Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:48 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I don't find it fair to pick apart what the characters in the books do.
If everything worked out perfectly, if everyone DID what would work to make things interesting 100 percent of the time, those books would be boring as sin, uneventful, and Voldemort would've been dead and gone in Book one.

*blinks*

Feh.

Evisceration is a sign of respect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:44 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

ahoteinrun wrote:
I don't find it fair to pick apart what the characters in the books do.
If everything worked out perfectly, if everyone DID what would work to make things interesting 100 percent of the time, those books would be boring as sin, uneventful, and Voldemort would've been dead and gone in Book one.

*blinks*

Feh.

We didn't say everybody did everything perfectly. We were debating whether Galadriel Waters' theories on Ron and Hermione were true. It isn't unfair regardless.

-- Eowyn of the Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:46 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Well, the door on JKR's website has opened again, bringing with it some VERY good news^^

Click on the christmas tree in the mirror on the door page. The door will open, revealing another tree. Answer the questions hidden in the presents to get the message!

For those of you too lazy to look, the message has been reprinted below:

Quote:
I know you all expected this to happen on Christmas Day, but I was sure that those of you who celebrate Christmas have better things to do on the day itself than fight your way into my study, whereas those of you who DON'T celebrate Christmas would definitely prefer not to wait until the twenty fifth-so...

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is COMPLETED and has been delivered to my English language publishers, who hope to announce the publication date within 24 hours.

Although I have joked about HP&THBP racing my third baby into the world, I have in fact had all the time I needed to tinker with the manuscript to my satisfaction and I am as happy as I have ever been with the end result. I only hope you feel that it was worth the wait when you finally read it!

Wishing everybody a wonderful holiday and a happy and peaceful 2005,
With love from,
JK Rowling.

-happy dance-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:28 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

*dances around* Yay!!! HP&THBP and new asparagus stuff all in one day!! Christmas can't possibly top today!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next